Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Kimsemus posted:

I kind of wish I could write bash patches for people easily without having to download their modlist -- I've actually gotten quite good at it by this point since I've had to learn to do it by hand.

FO4Edit is as robust as ever for squashing compatibility bugs, but I sure do wish modders would be more mindful about their leveled lists.

Am I right in assuming that FO4Edit and Mod Organizer 2 are mutually exclusive in use, or do I just not know how to use them properly together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
Well my mind's sufficiently blown. Thanks to all.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Okay that's really goddamn cool.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Does anyone know what combination of mods might result in these textures specifically being missing?

1) Flip lighter; 2) Pre-war equipment clipboard; 3) Pre-war vertibird chassis; 4) Postwar automobiles; 5) Prewar APC; 6) Deathclaw gauntlet; 7) Pulowski Shelter door; 8) Bus stop signage; 9) A single tile in the prewar PC's bathroom wall; 10) Power Armor HUD; 11) Pre-war vault door opening assembly; 12) The back of the Tesla magazine (edit)13) Mole rat burrows, but only part of them.

There may be more, but I'm mostly screwing around in the early game.

Here lies my load order (LOOT sorted, but no merged patch because the scary disclaimer made me uncertain), but I'm not expecting any miracles. It's more confusing than frustrating.

quote:

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 ArmorKeywords.esm
5 5 Worsin's Garage.esm
6 6 LongerPowerLines3x.esp
7 7 Skibs223Pistol-AWKCR-ShopOnly.esp
8 8 zWInsanity.esp
9 9 mysteriousmagnum.esp
10 a RangerSequoiaCraft.esp
11 b AssaultPhaser.esp
12 c AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp
13 d AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp
14 e AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp
15 f EnclaveX02.esp
16 10 More Power Armour Mods.esp
17 11 More Power Armour Mods - Automatron.esp
18 12 More Power Armour Mods - X-02.esp
19 13 WIPAG - Mod Overhaul.esp
20 14 Jetpacks Unlimited Master.esp
21 15 JU Original (Compact).esp
22 16 Enclave Officer.esp
23 17 LegendaryModification.esp
24 18 WBO.esp
25 19 LegendaryModification2LM.esp
26 1a LegendaryModification2LMAKPatch.esp
27 1b LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
28 1c LegendaryModification - DLC Far Harbor.esp
29 1d LegendaryModification - DLC Far Harbor (2LM).esp
30 1e JetPackDrain50.esp
31 1f PowerArmorDrain50.esp
32 20 CCOFO4 - Traits and More Perks.esp
33 21 The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
34 22 MoBettaScrap.esp
35 23 Armorsmith Extended.esp
36 24 Armorsmith Automatron.esp
37 25 Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp
38 26 WBO-Automatron.esp
39 27 WBO-LegendaryMod2LM.esp
40 28 WIPAG - Paint Garage - Full (Hard).esp
41 29 WIPAG - Decal Station.esp
42 2a WIPAG - Materials Overhaul.esp
43 2b WIPAG - Model-X.esp
44 2c WIPAG - Super Patch AKW.esp
45 2d BetterSettlers.esp
46 2e BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
47 2f BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
48 30 BetterSettlersMortalPack.esp
49 31 SettlersRename.esp
50 32 Insignificant Object Remover.esp

And the full list of mods:

quote:

Armorsmith Extended (plus Automatron and Fah Hahbah compatibility patches)
Enclave Officer Uniform
Enclave X-02 Power Armor
Legendary Modification (Plus Fah Hahbah DLC compatibility)
Customizeable Power Armor and Jetpack Drain
Longer Power Lines
More Power Armour Mods (plus Automatron and Enclave compatibility)
AWKCR
Jetpacks Unlimited
Lore-Friendly Ghoul Eyes
Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition
Better Settlers
Don't Call Me Settler
Insignificant Object Remover
Traits and More Perks
Mo Betta Scrap
Wearable Backpacks and Pouches
Worsin's Immersive Power Armor Garage (plus styles 1-4 and Jetpack textures)
Full Dialogue Interface (Plus Automatron and Fah Hahbah compatibility)
.223 Pistol
Celtic Katana
Mysterious Magnum
Ranger Sequoia
Assault Phaser
Weapon Balance Overhaul

Plotac 75 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 13, 2016

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007

Nevets posted:

If you've got missing textures it might not be an esp file doing it. There are plenty of texture replacer mods which don't use esp's at all. You should post your full modlist, rather than just the loadorder.

I've gone and added that list as well.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Well, now, new update for Fallout 4- guess it's time to wait for a new version of F4SE. Question is, will Vault workshop come out first?

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007

The only thing that bugs me is that they didn't include any screenshots of the suit with a jetpack/flying. Otherwise, it looks fantastic and it is so going into my next mod bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
It definitely has the potential to simplify the experience for you. When you run the mod for the first time, (and find the appropriate holotape), there's a configuration menu that asks you questions about your intended playstyle and adjusts the mod's settings appropriately.

The thing that might appeal most to you is the fact that in many cases (at least in my experience), laying down plots can be a set-it and forget-it experience. Plop down a resident plot, make sure there's power, your dude builds his house. Want him to farm as well, throw down an agriculture plot. The mod will automatically assign a homeless settler to a residential plot, and an unemployed settler to a job, if you tell it to. It will also randomly assign what kind of house/farm is built, so you don't have to micromanage that either if you don't want.

The best part is that if you find you enjoy what Sim Settlements adds to the gameplay, there's a whole trove of extra plots available on the Nexus, as well as city plans, which entirely remove you from the nitty gritty of even deciding what goes where. Mind you, I haven't really experimented much with city plans yet.

E: ^ What he said.

E2: v And that fella.

Plotac 75 fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 21, 2018