Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I reinstalled Fallout 4 and I know that the game is going to update on Steam in like 1-2 weeks. I have not had a lot of time to play but don't want to update. I installed a few mods via Vortex. I tried launching it via the Script Extender button in Vortex but it tries to launch Steam. I tried to launch it via just opening the Script Extender directly without Vortex (f4se_loader) and it tried to launch Steam.

I know that Mod Organizer 2 is better but I am lazy and for the minimal amount of mods I wanted to install Vortex got the job done.

What do I need to do to ensure Fallout 4 does not update, so I can play with old mods without worrying, when the new update comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arivia posted:

install mod organizer 2

you spend all your spare time writing a lovely cyoa, you can spend an hour learning to use a better mod manager that will actually do what you want to do
That is true, I do spend a lot of my spare time working on a CYOA, thus I do not have a lot of time, thus I don't want to waste an hour installing what is yes, a better mod program...

Flowing Thot posted:

The game requires Steam to be open because it has Steam DRM. Launching it through F4SE won’t trigger an update.
Great. I won't worry about messing around the files then, not updating it is easy. Thank you very much!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Most of the Bethesda games have big mod packs to make NPCs look better. I found some pretty nice high quality texture packs for environments and objects which make things look a lot better, but in comparison now the NPCs look kind of out of place. Are there any good mods to deal with NPC heads, or armor? I know there are individual mods for individual pieces of armor or NPCs, I mean a good, large one?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Thank you very much!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

And as I continue to piecemeal mod the game more than I play it I ask, any suggestions on a mod for textures for enemies?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am playing Fallout 4 on Hard and focused on agility and VATS. Is there anything I can do to actually make the game challenging, be it mods or otherwise, or do I just have to accept that it is not going to be very difficult if I use VATS?

I mean sure I can make enemies into bullet sponges on very hard or download some mod I am sure to give them a million HP but that is not very interesting?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

vats is designed to give you the feeling of being Very Good At Video Games while not actually being Very Good At Video games, stop using vats if this is a problem for you, it's a design goal
Yeah but then how do you kill things without being swarmed and beaten down to nothing rapidly? Cheesing the AI's pathfinder is not very satisfying, just try to maximize non-VATs damage and be super tanky?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mosnar posted:

You can use the controversial AI mods as an option:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72923
and
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72975

You can fully expect the comedy option of dialogue being interrupted for the participant to engage in full on thermonuclear war with everything in a 1/2 mile radius somewhat regularly.
A brief search online reveals a bunch of posts saying that this person is a psycho and that mod is a buggy mess? Better AI which could make the game challenging sounds great, but this does not sound like it will actually do that?

How do you like it? I would be extremely interested in a good AI mod.

Entorwellian posted:

Survival mode?
I have to be honest, that does not sound super appealing either, it just sounds tedious instead of making combat more difficult? The extra requirements of fast travel and eating and sleeping? If it lowers the HP of both you and enemies, I would think it would give the player a massive advantage since the AI is so dumb?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Any thoughts on Pack Attack? That seems like a well regarded mod without a giant controversy around it? Or any other AI mods?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

A bullet time mod instead actually sounds very fun, but I would be concerned about balance? I'm also open to the idea of a VATs mod but just rebalances it in some way?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 4, 2024