Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Though it's rather obvious what it does, I just want to take a moment to recommend the 'more spawns' mod. If your machine can handle it, it does make fights a lot more fun. Reasons to actually use cover and grenades.

Had a huge fight a bit ago. Going down the alleyways in boston, come upon a super mutant location that has about two dozen of them milling about. Fight starts, and I notice some are shooting away from me. A bunch of raiders heard the fight and wandered over. And just as the three way battle was underway, I get smacked in the back of the head by a feral ghoul. I turn around to see a horde of them sprinting into the battle, attacking all sides. Went through quite a few stimpacks, but it was nice, as someone with an endgame level character to really be challenged without everything devolving into a bullet sponge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Double edit: So, running mod organizer and script extender. How the balls do I make it stop throwing the game into a tiny window in the corner of my screen? Launcher and messing with the prefs do nothing. Am I setting up the run option incorrectly? Is there some hidden .ini i'm supposed to hunt down?

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 12, 2020

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Namnesor posted:

I could never get borderless windowed running properly so I end up using Borderless Gaming to re-justify my FO4 game window.

Thanks, though even trying to go full screen still vomits the thing up that way. I'll try that thing to see if it helps any.

Edit: Woaah no. It just blows up the screen so it's fullscreened but I can only see the top tiny corner of the game.

So... I guess it thinks its fullscreening but it's not? I'm not entirely sure. Obviously can't resize the thing.

Double edit: Well. This sucks. so much googling and no success. Most everyone bleats about messing with .ini settings and it's not helping. ((Even going into both locations of the file and ensuring they match)) To be clear, this only occurs when going through mod organizer and trying to launch the script extender. Script extender by itself? Works. Fallout 4 by itself? Works. But so far as I can tell, neither option will allow me to use mods.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 13, 2020

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

You are using the ini configuration in the dtopdown menu of Mod Organizer, right?

the loving what. Am I seriously running in circles because I've failed an ini hunt?

edit: I am going to shoot myself oh my god

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Leal posted:

Man, that fallout tv series is good. Hey, maybe I should reinstall 4 and do some mods. Oh, whats that? They updated a game that is like 20 years old and broke everything?

lol. lmao.

On purpose, pretty much. In the same vein that the anniversary edition of skyrim that broke most mods cause the code behind it changed.

Suppose they gotta drive up sales for their ~~paid mods store~~ somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

In case anyone updated on accident before reading the kerfuffle, you can roll it back. The script extender guys detail how you can re download the previous files and delete the ones causing crashes. Here for anyone curious: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42147?tab=posts