Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Greaseman posted:

What mods might you guys recommend for a first playthrough?

I'm phone posting so I can't really look it up or link anything. Most of these are in the OP though.

Weapon balance overhaul. It stops the initial guns you get from being hopelessly outclassed before you can even get the perks to mod them and polishes everything else up pretty well imo.

Also the infinite ammo for companions and no power armor damage for companions mod. It's not fun having to deal with making sure your companion is always topped off and repaired.

Also the one that stops companions from following close and blocking doorways. It's called "move, get out the way" or something like that song. .

Also the weather mod from the OP is pretty good, I wouldnt pick the extended weather times option though.

Also the no level requirements for perks is nice so you can pick what you want.

Easy lock picking and hacking if you have played fallout 3 or NV since it's not fun after the 200th safe or terminal.

The no chance based speech checks mod. You either have the charisma or don't.

Armorsmith.

No lollygagging. Makes your settlers run instead of walk to the bell.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some of them but I'm not at my comp right now. If you can't find something or I'm not clear just ask and I'll try to link it tomorrow.

These will give you a pretty "normal" experience with a lot of annoyances smoothed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Dunno-Lars posted:

You would have to get someone on PC to get the exact same mods, same versions and all, get them to make a merged patch and upload it, then download that on the Xbone.

This is the only way I could see this working also.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Noirex posted:

Anyone has any experience or thoughts on this mod? Looks like it might make the combat and survival mode more interesting.

Better Locational Damage - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3815/

I have it on and I like it. It rewards good shooting. I'm not on survival though so ymmv.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Nevets posted:

That's right, a nexus mod that actually removes breasts from a vanilla asset.

Heresy!

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Praseodymi posted:

And because this is never not funny to me, this is a picture of him:

Why do people take these low angle pictures? I don't get it.

He could look 75% less creepy if he sat up straight and held the camera at eye level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I haven't had any issues with NMM and I'm running like 80+ mods. So that has to say something positive about its stability.

I haven't tried MO but I don't see a reason to since I have no complaints at this point.