Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm not too well versed, but I have been playing FO4VR a lot recently. I grabbed the downtown version of that, then I got Optimized Vanilla Textures and a mod that reduces rock textures. It really made a notable improvement for me, and if you're getting jitterying in the wasteland maybe the rocks not being so intensive will help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chronojam posted:

What happens if you don't use the front door?

Are you suggesting...

The back door? :pervert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well settlements 2 coming out right when FO4 is also having a big sale. You can get the GOTY version for 17 bucks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm surprised at how much is in the sim settlements 2 mod. Also I'm running the mod that lets you have dogmeat and another companion and I'm surprised at the extra stuff that was put in by beth just for them to go and cut that feature out. Not just the lines with your companion calling out dogmeat getting hurt, but a line I never saw before was entering vault 81 and having the guard question "what about their companion and dog?"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Aaand there goes my playthrough. Something in SS2 is causing my game to crash whenever I go near sanctuary or the rocket station. Any other settlements work fine. Uninstall and I can go to those areas fine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Would there be a way to scrap settlements without having to physically be there for SS2? Maybe if I can scrap red rocket I can salvage this save.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got the mod that lets me change out legendary effects, its nice cause now I actually want to hunt down legendary enemies instead of ignoring it all together cause I never get mods on guns I use. Throwing instigator on a sniper rifle feels like cheating though...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So is frost really just a "see how long you last" thing or is there an actual end game state for it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is it powered and turned on?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I trust the lone survivor will remember to put their gun's safety on before partaking

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How is Sim Settlements 2 looking? Bugs get squashed?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How is SS2 these days? Have they fixed it up enough that doesn't lead to bugs that requires starting a whole new game and hope it doesn't happen again? I've been chomping to do an LP of it but I don't want the LP curse to happen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

From what I can tell, yeah. They just released what should be the final update for 1.0 and are now focused on 2.0 and chapter 2 of the story. Just remember the settlement stuff is still script heavy so they take some time to update.

This is good to hear. Recording some footage now and I'm kinda glad I got what I got. After the deathclaw fight Jake got into the power armor after I got out and since he isn't a proper follower I can't tell him to get the hell out.

E: Oh drat, the dog who did the motion for Dogmeat died in June :smith:

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1409013849584504833

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 14, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SS2 going good!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What is the weirdest fetish?

Normal people: Feet
Me: Lemme show you this bethesda mod.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

D34THROW posted:

Is there just a plain old fallout 4 thread? I'm on console so no mods for me.

I got you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847773

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Would it be wise to do a new game for chapter 2 of sim settlements 2?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What is it with Bethesda modders being god drat drama llamas?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

That is my fatman. Give it back you are a dog. That isn't even how you hold it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There is something oddly satisfying installing "Scrap Everything" and cleaning up all the trash, debris and skeletons littering your settlements. Everyone else in every FO game since 3 may be happy sleeping on a bed next to a pile of gore and eating at a table in a kitchen with heaps of trash under the table, but not THIS sole survivor!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

increasing end raises your HP retroactively, so :shrug:

Yo wait what the gently caress :psyduck:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I like the settlement building :saddowns:

I learned that the boxcars make a great enclosed walkway that I can surround my settlements with. The AI can even properly path up there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm giving Horizon a try, it looks interesting. Do I get the same materials scrapping the gear on corpses or should I make an effort to bring stuff back to a settlement and breaking them down in a workstation?

Also I'm feeling punked cause you need all this stuff to cook food and I think I'm smart and try checking for the mutfruits behind the house in sanctuary, checking out abernathy farm, going to the super duper mart for the melons and either the crops aren't bearing any fruit or things are just removed

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Woke Fallout 4 Mod Sucked me off?! *soyjack pointing with required cameo of vault boy doing a thumbs down*

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is there a mod that puts the Fallout TV series into FO4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man, that fallout tv series is good. Hey, maybe I should reinstall 4 and do some mods. Oh, whats that? They updated a game that is like 20 years old and broke everything?

lol. lmao.