Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
What's the mod that lets you clip walls through the ground? Is it Build Anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Does scrapall work with mods like Spring Cleaning?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

staberind posted:

I want blake albernathy to be knee deep in skulls. I want the entire family, including their dead daughter & the cow to be deaf, due to the ceaseless pounding of artillery.
you don't need to be able to hear things to farm mutfruit, corn & tato's, the holy trinity of glue.

God yes, I need a mod that'll have my artillery pieces ceaselessly pounding the treeline a la Heart of Darkness

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

khy posted:

Thanks for that. I assume though that it's no longer developed and thus might have issues as new patches come out and new DLC arrives? Or might have issues already?

It feels like when stuff's not on the Nexus it gets dropped and all development stops. I dislike that. There used to be so many sites and hell - some modders would just host their own mods on their own sites, like some of the classic stuff I got for modding Morrowind.

AFAIK work stopped on it when people found out the modder had stolen most/all of the assets

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

khy posted:

The problem is the lack of choice for a thing like this. Near as I can tell, if you want a wasteland to feel like a wild expanse where nature is reclaiming everything, you've got two options.

ReGrowth, which adds trees and foliage and makes the wasteland come alive BUT doesn't alter buildings, which makes all the structures look strangely out of place.

Resurrection, which adds trees/foliage/etc. and edits the buildings to look overgrown and being slowly reclaimed by nature BUT is made by a huge butt.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Russian site says the Resurrection version on there (3.5 or whatever) no longer has moss on the buildings in preparation for the 'new version', not sure if that means hanging moss or the green mossy texture but yea

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

final unzipped sized is 538 mb lmao almost half a gig for a single loving weapon

74k polys (~7 suits of power armor) with the smallest loadout (reciever, rear/front sights, small magazine, snub barrel)

182k polys (almost 18 suits of power armor on your screen at all times!) with the most ridiculous loadout because ya'll dudes don't have self control and tacticool the poo poo out of everything (receiver, rear/front glow sights, barrel mag, long barrel, sight rail, suppressor, sniper scope)

e: to put that in perspective, Geralt in any of his armors, with any facial hair and any hairstyle at any point in Witcher 3 uses less polygons than the smallest loadout of this weapon lmao

e2: also I forgot to post this:

2.8k polys for just the default rear sight. not even both sights!

How is this even possible? (I am not a modder and/or insane)

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

pmchem posted:

Anyone have conflicts between their mods and Nuka World, like maybe Raider Overhaul?

Yeah, had to disable KeyNuker so I could actually get within 100 metres of the Transit hub without my game crashing and then had to disable Resurrection to stop my screen being filled with passable stretched textures.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

pyro_archvile posted:

Okay what the gently caress have I hosed up here like a loving retard?
AFAIK keynuker isn't working currently so if your problem is crashing around Nuka World that's it

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Disable god rays

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

so did an alternative to resurrection ever, ah, arise? Or am I stuck with that random 1.3.6 google drive link off of reddit.

Probably not much help but http://modgames.net/load/fallout_4/globalnye/resurrection/425-1-0-21385 is where I've been following it, thought my version was beyond 1.3.6 for some reason but I guess not.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Liberty Prime is in FO4?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Any recommendations for muted/atmospheric ENBs that hold up in gameplay? Also I know it's frowned upon but I've been using Resurrection, is there any way to uninstall it without having to reinstall the whole game? (Alternatives to Resurrection also appreciated)

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Is there any sort of progression or permanence in Frost or is it just based around killing people and storing stuff in campfires?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

horse mans posted:

Anyone know of a mod that removes all indications that you've hit or killed an enemy? That means the expanding X on the crosshair, the XP display, and changing death screams so they only happen 25/50% of the time instead of every time?

EDIT: and as soon as I post, I find what I'm looking for.

Got a link?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Is there a SPECIAL reset mod that plays nice with Horizon?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Is it possible to have multiple Horizon playthroughs or do they just keep saving over each other?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Horizon is a lot less overwhelming to play than to read about I've found - I just recently reinstalled FO4 for a Horizon run and while it was tough going pre-level 10 I'm starting to settle into a more familiar rhythm that feels almost like vanilla. The Wanderer has a bunch of Horizon/Frost playthroughs on YT, including quick start guides, and he streams pretty regularly so I've popped into his chat to ask a few questions too. I've been playing with Sim Settlements ROTC so settlement management hasn't been too taxing, I've just been focused on combat and collecting scrap like pretty much any other playthrough without going too deep into the missions/jobs side of Horizon. Resource scarcity is a thing but it's really only ammo at this point which is exactly what I've been looking for since NV.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

I wish there was a mod that let you use the shotgun to breach doors, Horizon explosives are fun but they're not shotgun fun

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Is there a working replacement for Shadow Boost?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

It's the new patch, kinggath added third party leader support. In his update video he claimed that even someone completely new to modding would be able to add em

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Glazius posted:

I don't think you can actually store the workbenches in Sanctuary, there's something odd about them specifically. You should be able to do it at the Red Rocket, though.

I think I read somewhere that you can save them if you move them from their original positions and drop them near the bridge as that area isn't used by the building plan (residential plots are placed in the houses however)

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

New SS patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ahuSV72LE

If anyone else has been having problems with crashing and Sanctuary there's now a remote detonation tool which will let you clear out settlements from neighbouring cells while they work on a proper fix for the crash

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

slowm posted:

Anyone try Resurrection?

Yeah, I don't recommend it.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Think the new SS patch today lets you do your own designs

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

It's some quirk of the CK I think that wires can't be placed by mods, only by players - instead there are invisible powerlines running between the conduits. All of my current level 3 cities have the full complement of commercial plots - armour/bar/weapons/general/clothing, don't think they put down recreational plots currently but now that people can submit their own designs I'm sure that will be rectified.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Infinite Companion Ammo & Unbreakable Power Armour is pretty nice for customising what weapons your companions use

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Azhais posted:

Auto loot kept causing my game to hard freeze. I had body loot on, I could try the direct to settlement thing I suppose.

I had a similar problem with autolooters in Ultima Online of all places, I think it's caused by moving out of range of any items it's trying to loot so it gets caught in a loop and locks up the game

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Seemed kinda underwhelming to me, the only good shot was with the improved trees. Rocks are still rocks, the road is still a road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

Is there a mod to make companions stop running around so much? Dogmeat is all over the place