Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I've been trying this mod called "We Are The Minutemen", which does a few things to the Minutemen faction:

1) Adds some more templates to the minutemen that you find in random encounters. Some will have heavier armor/better weapons. It seems tied to the number/size of your settlements too.

2) Lets you "Craft" minutemen at the citadel so you can deploy them at settlements as guards.

3) Gives them uniforms, instead of the dirty patchy outfit they have nice blue military style (civil war, I think?) uniforms.

4) Implements a cooldown timer on minutemen quests. You can only do 1 at a time, and the game won't immediately assign you another one as you turn them in.

I'm pretty satisfied with it so far. It toned things down so it's not so crazy, without completely disabling it like many of the other mods do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6443/

Pretty awesome mod right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Midnight Voyager posted:

A BUILD-YOUR-OWN VAULT DLC WHERE YOU CAN DO EXPERIMENTS?!

So, I'm all over this.

http://kotaku.com/new-fallout-4-dlc-will-let-you-build-a-vault-1781858430

Meh.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'll probably buy Fallout Shelter for coffee breaks otherwise the Vault DLC is just building in what will likely be very confined caves, not very exciting to me.
I'm not crazy about the building system in the game, it's a bit of a chore.

And yeah it's pretty funny that everyone loves the idea of vaults and the little fucker used to entrap these people in them.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm looking for a mod that lessens the necessity of settlement building and possibly plants pre-built settlements throughout the world where empty plots would be so I can just focus on playing the game instead of effectively rebuilding the world's economy, agriculture, and amount of shops with the terrible interface.

Because as it is, the world feels unbearably devoid of shops and populated settlements... much less so than in FO3 or NV.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Thinking of giving this game another shot if there's mods out there yet let me plop down pre-made settlements so I don't have to deal with building stuff and just carry on playing the game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Woebin posted:

Even better, with the Conqueror expansion, you can just let the game build and populate the settlements when you start up.

Holy poo poo, yes, that's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's the de facto mod that fills the empty settlement spots with premade stuff these days? I really don't want to deal with the settlement management.