Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

SplitSoul posted:

Am I misremembering or did someone make an unofficial patch for the hi-res DLC, since the official one was IIRC just a dump of original resolution with no respect for the textured objects' size?

I distinctly remember a patch for the Hi Res DLC that was an optimized version of it that was smaller in size and better performing, while not losing any Graphical Fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Azhais posted:

Isn't the unofficial patch for the high-res dlc "Don't use the high-res dlc, it's worse than Vivid Fallout in all ways"

Maybe? I actually prefer the official one to the Vivid Fallout. Vivid Fallout changes the actual look/tone of some of the textures a little too often for my liking. I prefer things as close to original as possible, just better. I'm hoping that Fallout 3/NV/4 get one of them Neural AI texture packs one day. I have the ones for Morrowind and Oblivion and they look great.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How has this not existed before?

Edit: NVM, I'm in the F4 modding thread and I'm dumb.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

A Sometimes Food posted:

What kind of lighting and visual mods are you using if you don't want to mess with reshade/enb etc?

I use Enhanced Light and FX and that's it. It doesn't do anything for out side, but makes interiors look much better. Light comes from light sources only instead of every interior having some arbitrary ambient light regardless of what light sources are actually lit up. You'll use your Pip Boy flashlight more often as a result.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Are all the known Creation Club/Paid Mods designed to work together if needed, or are there known conflicts between any of them?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

What exactly is Horizon? I saw it’s some kind of gameplay overhaul but not sure what it entails. Is it like Ordinator for Skyrim?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Azhais posted:

It's a complete overhaul. Perks, combat difficulty, survival mechanics, settlement building, the works.

Maybe Requiem would be a better Skyrim analogue?

Oh wow, ok. I remember Requiem and I remember not enjoying it much as it turned the game’s difficulty on its head. I’m not into mods that try to turn these games into survival or Dark Souls games.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'd like to make sure G-Sync is working, the modlist I'm using (Life in the Ruins) has an optional addon that lets you play with G-Sync or FreeSync, the former of which my monitor is supposed to support. Come to think of it I'm not actually sure I need the GeForce Experience page for Fallout 4 at all for that, it's already set up in the NVIDIA control panel. I'd honestly completely forgotten that until you asked! Guess I don't have to mess around with GeForce Experience after all, nice.

e: this post brought to you by the stream of consciousness

I never use GeForce Experience. It’s just bloat-ware to me. Nvidia Control Panel is where it’s at.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Flowing Thot posted:

Fallout 4 hasn''t been updated in a long time, although an update is coming sometime in 2024. I would manually delete the game install folder, and manually delete all the ini and other files in the documents folder and see if that fixes it. If you have already tried that I have no idea sorry.

I’ll just add here that generally I prefer to rename folders and files rather than delete. Serves the same person, but if something still doesn’t work, you have the old renamed files you can reuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

What the gently caress is “CBBE” and “bodyslide?”