Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Install everything, then troubleshoot, then troubleshoot some more. Modding isn't the thing you do before you play, modding is the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They came after you after saving Megaton. They're just loot piñatas.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Talon Company and Reilly's Rangers would be great disposable companions, yeah, instead of the ridiculous "you must be this neutral to recruit me" system Fallout 3 has.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ygolonac posted:

The answer to that is becoming a robot wrangler, and assign boring repetitive tasks to machines. *Should* lower food/water requirements, bet it doesn't though.

Keep any humans you want for later, but don't recruit more unless they're special named ones that you can assign as merchants.. And make Marcie a provisioner, in rags, with a nail board, making the run through Quincy. Give her a reason to be bitchy. :getin:

The only time I've played Automatron all the way through I put Jezebel into a Protectron body and gave her the supply line between Sanctuary and Red Rocket Truck Stop. Shouldn't have been so rude, honey. Now you're cursed for all eternity to slowly walk the same mile back and forth forever.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah I vastly prefer the New Vegas weapon variety. They in general also felt much more fun to use even though the actual shooting feel in 4 is much better. The energy weapon selection in 4 is pretty poor and some kind of grenade launcher is badly missed. There is lots of 4 weapon mods on the Nexus but like 95% of them are all modern tacticool guns.

I KNOW

I'm running around a wacky postapocalyptic wasteland and there's finally colors other than sickly green and there are trees and I don't want to shoot a dumb real gun, I want the weird poo poo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm thinking about playing through as Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption 2. What mods should I use with regards to camping, bounties, hunting, cowboy equipment, etc?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Build a Sentry Bot with lots of storage.

E: after looking through the wiki it seems like a terrible idea. Bring one of your human shaped friends and give them a backpack from the backpack mod. It doesn't take long before you get access to a workshop, but if you're gonna kill the raiders it might not be super useful.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 25, 2023

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I wish there was a way to play out the raiders against each other instead of just playing along.

Also gently caress Redeye. "Guy with acoustic guitar at a party"-rear end radio DJ.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Why can't I be a dino, 0/5

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't know how to feel about the vanilla assault rifle. It's certainly different and I like that the weapon designer made something unique, but the silhouette is bad. It looks like a submarine.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I feel similarly about the handmade rifle. It's just an AK.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Flesh Forge posted:

A lot of people treat these games as, well, dysphoria therapy

Fallout New Vegas joke goes here

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm at the page for Videos of the Wasteland, and apparently you can't play anything longer than 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm just upset because Fallout London is delayed again.