Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just bought this - is jumping into Horizon ok or not advised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahhh ok. I had played ages ago and just got through jsawyer Ultimate edition New Vegas mod over vacation so figured that Horizon was similar for 4.

The lethality/lack of bullet sponges made it really appealing but I assume the same effect could be done with the Custom Difficulty Tweaker mod?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 2, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cool, ty all! I will try Horizon but if it gets to be too much switch to just using GCM and Better Locational Damage

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So far I have Abernathy, Red Rocket, and Sanctuary. Ive got the basic needs met, but happiness is only 22% at Sanctuary.

Do the tatos I farm actually convert to player-edible, or are they purely for settlers to use?

Not sure what a good goal is now that my settlers are food and water stable. Im level 4 now as well. Any recommendations on where to take things?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah built some guard posts, and the beds are in a building I built in Sanctuary. One of those ones from Architect

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ohh was wondering about that! Wasnt sure how it was made, ty!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah im just using Sanctuary at the moment. Struggling to get oil still which means Im barely carrying any ammo. Have 7 .308, 6 12 gauge, and 9 .38 and just got to Oberland Station. Wonder if the crossbow would be better?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Been making some compatibility patches for various mods using Better Locational Damages guidelines, its pretty fun for a learning experience. Got to learn how to strip the tacticool poo poo from a bunch of them though :(

Bakelite/faux-futuristic aesthetic or begone!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

From a "its meant for power armor usage" perspective its ok, but in the hands of others its a bit odd. Though tbh nowadays I find the combat rifle more annoying/boring.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 10, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Had FallUI break my Sim Settlements 2 run last night oddly! Broke Vim and Vigor quest and then couldnt interact with planning table. Then had to force complete the quest after which refused to roll over despite being finished -_-

Its almost over at least, but now Im hesitant to install the next chapters midgame

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 10, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It is weird, supposedly due to an optional item categorizing component in FallUI from what I read on their forums. I can only guess introducing it midgame screwed with object internal ID's somehow.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah I understand, I was just caught off guard since a UI submod interacting with those internal systems in such a way was unexpected. I still don't see the salvage ingredients for items outside those FROM the SS2 mod, but I imagine thats due to the exact mechanical reliance on ID's described. Id rather not restart a 14 hour game since I just got to Chapter 2 of the mod, so I'll deal with it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I def respect the mod tho. Its well polished and the full voice acting is definitely an impressive feat. Most bugs I hit I assume are mostly just engine or mod-conflict related, with the latter ofc being my own fault. I will prob do continue Chapter 2 today since the vanilla story is meh.

Ive yet to start any DLCs tho, which order are they recommended to do?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lol SS2 chapter 2 kicked off, but the Gunner "RNG capture a settlement" quest captured Sanctuary and they all spawned in the main house in a blob. My settlers and guards just sort of stood around and ignored them so had to wipe them out myself.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zodium posted:

zzyxzz ftw.

don't sleep on bpar either, it makes power armor feel as powerful as it looks by turning it into plating that needs to be destroyed before the wearer takes damage. also makes running into power armored enemies absolutely terrifying until you get bigger guns. pairs well with some assembly required so it's actually rare.

I think I paired those two my last run - was awesome

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I enjoyed it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Life in the Ruins features a combat/lethality mod integrated, right?