Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This post has currently been set to hidden by the author. You cannot look at this post or reply to this post until the author makes the post visible to the public again.

The reason given by the author is: console plebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I generally don't spend much time reading mod comments but the few times I've done so were pre-BethNet and full of PC users nagging mod authors for things and mod authors losing their patience in turn. So naturally I get confused when this sort of thing gets treated like a new phenomenon. Isn't this how the modding community has always been?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This isn't meant to sound catty, but I actually want to know: does Bethesda actually benefit from having a system in place in which mod authors can petition to have pirated mods removed? Why should they care?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I expect console mod support to always be sort of half baked but I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm a Huge Nerd that still treats Fallout 4 like a roleplaying game and have a lot of trouble justifying why my shellshocked sole survivor with a dead family keeps doing goofy poo poo like Automatron and building Vaults. I still do it because it's fun but after a while the game just starts feeling like a content-delivery vehicle, which is what it's designed for I guess.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

One of the many minor irritating things about FO4 is the fact that unique weapons don't look unique, aside from stats and maybe a few extra random bolted on weapon mods finding them is kind of a meh thing.

However, a mod on the Nexus has just popped up fixing this! named unique unique's it well, makes the 30 buyable/quest rewarded items in the game look different from their common stock counter parts. You need to start a new game with this one though to get it working right.

If even half of these weapons work as described this one would be a game-changer. Seriously considering a restart right now.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Those sure look like a bunch of weapons I'd pick up, say meh, and permanently ensconce on a shiny new contraptions weapon rack

And go back to using what? Your Ghoulslayer Gamma Gun?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FlyinPingu posted:

I wish it didn't do anything at all so I didn't have the name of a pompous homophobic shitlord come up every time I launch the game

What's the story here?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

ENERGY WEAPOOONNNS!

You guys ever miss the Plasma Caster? IT'S BAAAACK.

Anyone know what weapon perks govern this thing?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The_White_Crane posted:

That... isn't that just the Courser uniform dyed beige? That looks nowhere near as cool as Autumn's big doofy duffle-trenchcoat thing!

Maxson's coat would be a much better base for Autumn's uniform than the Courser outfit.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cirosan posted:

Traits and More Perks has been updated to Beta4. Could it also be added to the list in the OP, please?

Downloading now. This sounds cool.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Honestly I wouldn't be terribly opposed to this solution if it was actually implemented in the spirit of fairness and genuine concern over protecting the work of mod authors, but I think we can safely conclude that about 90% of this controversy stems from simple spite towards "console plebs".

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Segmentation Fault posted:

It doesn't matter if it's a movie, a song, a game, a video, or a mod.

It very much does matter actually, in fact I think that's the entire crux of the conversation. Modders do not have ownership of their mods the same way an author does over a book, nor should they.

In an ideal world everyone gets credited for their contribution to the hobby and no one spams a modder's Nexus page with console port begging, but I still don't see how "pirated mods" are a failure of Bethnet in its current state so much as the natural behavior of a hobby where no one owns the things they create and host them on the internet free of charge. I don't see it as a problem that needs to be addressed, and any support Bethesda has extended to modders in this regard is effectively charity.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This happened to me with Chrome once. Switching browsers helped and by the time I thought to try it with Chrome again it was working fine. No idea.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Here's some rad power armor

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
BTW Cirosan your perk mod is one of the best on the Nexus at the moment, IMO, so don't let a popularity contest get you down. You seem to understand exactly what people are looking for when they install a perk overhaul - more options that totally change the way you play. With continued support I can very much see it being the SPERG of Fallout 4, so I really hope you return to modding the game someday.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 12, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

Did you think giving X-01 armor to all the factions wasn't enough? LOOK NO FARTHER, THE RAIDERS GET IT TOO!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16402/

When everyone has X-01 armor, nobody has X-01 armor.

Starting to think these mods are some sort of on-going in-joke on the Nexus. Like, no one can think they're good or in any way balanced or enjoyable. I think "give everyone X-01" might be the Bad Rats of Fallout 4 modding.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Super Mutant Workshop is the best mod on the Nexus.

Outpost Zimonja is now held by a tribe of friendly mutants in wacky costumes. A mutant provisioner in a clean grey suit and a bowler hat now roams the wastes with his brahmin and a minigun.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Honestly I want to uninstall Homemaker in the wake of all the poo poo that's been added via DLC and other, more important settlement mods but I don't feel like going back and plugging all the holes it'd leave behind in the settlements I've used it in. It clutters up my building menu more than I actually get any use out of it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FlyinPingu posted:

I feel the same. I wouldn't mind if Homemaker's stuff was regulated to a Homemaker category cut off from the main game stuff, but as it is I still get irritated whenever I go to the Doors section >:[

Yeah, this would be perfect. I'll keep it installed because I'm so used to it by now but I'm sure the mod author is aware this is an issue and hopefully plans on addressing it at some point.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Looking for a couple of settlement mods:

A) Anything that projects the movie from the Far Harbor drive-in on the Starlight screen

B) A mod that lets you create shops without booths, so you could just have a guy stand inside the Starlight diner and sell alcohol, for example

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I discovered the unofficial patch was surprisingly the culprit.

I believe you'll find this is Bethesda's fault for not sagely predicting Arthmoor's infallible vision.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HORMELCHILI posted:

I wish homemaker would update for vault-tec, I have too much poo poo built with homemaker assets to drop it

How are they incompatible?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You really have zero expectation of stability if you mod the game during its regular update cycle. If you want to ensure you can play on you day off, don't mod, or just be like me and don't use the script extender. My modding experience has been great without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

staberind posted:

So, 3.1 gig,
Nuka's downloading now,
Thats a nice size for a final DLC. hope its not as low effort as any of their workshop addons.

I'm seeing a lot more new weapons and armor than Far Harbor had. The landmass isn't as big but it contains a lot more unique assets.