Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I made it like an hour into the mod before deciding I hated every character I had encountered and started a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

You want Looks Menu for face presets.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The ultimate in player homes to me: the virtual reality creation club addon where I go to a flat empty plane that extends in every direction forever and has no terrain features whatsoever. Build a VR chair in any settlement I go to, go into VR, have all my gear and materials in one central location wherever I go. Can build a VR chair in the DLC, can build a VR chair in Homeplate, can build a VR chair in Goodneighbor with a different creation club that adds a player apartment there. Pop out of VR with tons of things to sell and the merchants are right there.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

You sort things on both panels of MO2. Left side is basically how loose files are overwritten and just keep things organized. Something below another mod if they have files conflicting the lower mod wins. I typically group mods by type and use MO2’s function to create categories to put them in. So like essential / bug fix type mods I put at the top stuff like the unofficial patch, buffout, things of that nature. The work my way down with like a category for UI, a category for gameplay etc… Most mod’s don’t really effect things outside their category, but some do and I just handle these on a case by case basis with a special catch all section towards the end. The right panel is the load order that the game uses and you are probably used to this. Where you organize all your ESM ESP etc…

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I'm afraid its terminal.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

One month of premium isn’t that much to pay to avoid the hassle at least.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Oh god the thuggyverse is awful.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Wabbajack mod lists just install a stand alone copy of MO2. You can add stuff to them.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Keep in mind with Loot you can add rules to manually sort things in a certain way for mods that need it.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

xEdit is just the current version of F4 Edit. It's on the Skyrim Nexus IIRC, but you just rename the file to a Fallout 4 name and it edits Fallout 4.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I just ignore him and never go rescue him so he is in the museum forever. I'm probably in a minority that I hate the entire settlement system and wish it didn't exist though.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Ah nice I've been waiting for them to add that back in. This could be an exciting year for F4 modding if this came Fallout London come out.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Decided to start from scratch with my Fallout 4 install because I had been rolling over the same install with minor updates for like 3 computers and a number of years and the entire thing was a mess. It's fun seeing the fallout (sorry) from the Nexus drama still happening where I get told oh yeah this map mod is good, it's not on Nexus anymore though so google it, and the first link is to the slab. Everything being in one location was such a nice status quo to have.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I'm pretty sure I narrowed down the mod causing me huge script lag to unequip pipboy. Looking at the Nexus page and no one has mentioned anything like this so it's making my question myself. Anyone else have any experience with it?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah I don’t know maybe script lag is the wrong word. I just had problems with my game getting extremely laggy in weird ways at times a long while back. For instance I use the VR workshop creation club as my main base I can setup a VR pod at any workshop and go inside it and my entire base is there in the virtual world no matter what settlement I accessed it from. It’s very helpful when playing survival due to no fast travel to just be able to access my base more easily. I was having problems where sometimes the VR pod I would click to get inside it and it wouldn’t trigger or took an extremely long time to play the animation. There were other moments like this in other aspects of gameplay but it’s the most obvious and memorable to me.

I did a lot of work isolating mods until I narrowed it down to either unequip pipboy or the mod that lets you smoke which I had been using to be able to save in survival mode. From there I called it quits and left both disabled and my problems were solved. Recently I tried out the pipboy mod again and noticed the problem had started to happen again it starts off really subtle and then gets worse as you play with it more. What stumps me is I can’t find anyone else having the problem.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I would use the FallUI series instead it's a lot better and more modern. Also don't use AWKCR it's old and buggy.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Boob Cop posted:

Hey, not sure where else to ask this. I'm not sure if it was an update or something but FO4 no longer recognizes my native resolution (2560x1440). My cursor is confined to a small box on the screen. I've tried a bunch of fixes but none of them seem to work. This happens with zero mods after fresh installs.

Fallout 4 hasn''t been updated in a long time, although an update is coming sometime in 2024. I would manually delete the game install folder, and manually delete all the ini and other files in the documents folder and see if that fixes it. If you have already tried that I have no idea sorry.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

CommissarMega posted:

For those of you looking out for Fallout: London, the mod's been pushed back to St. George's Day 2024 (April 23).

I'm picturing the Fallout 4 Next Gen update dropping around the same time and completely breaking the mod and having a soft chuckle.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Well, that is why it is broken.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

DamnGlitch posted:

It comes with 'vanilla' clothing packs for the main game and DLC, that's not compatible clothes?

You have to build them in bodyslide.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Zereth posted:

Wabbajack will download and configure an entire modpack for you, although it can't do things like install the script extender so there may be some stuff you need to do manually.

Wabbajack can install script extender.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The update is going to add close to nothing of value for the PC version and mainly matters for the console versions. At the same time, it will likely break anything using F4SE on PC and other tools that rely on it. Depending on how active the mod author is, a lot of the mods will probably be updated within a few days to weeks, some will take a lot longer, some will never be updated. In the end, the best option could end up being just downgrade your game to the pre patch version.

There is really no reason to wait for the patch to come out and then start modding. Makes more sense to mod now and turn off updates.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Azhais posted:

For vanilla clothes on one of the stock cbbe bodies? I have never done so, the mod comes with morphs (assuming you hit the checkbox to install them).

If you built some character with huge tracts of land, you might need to.

Maybe I am misremembering.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Flesh Forge posted:

A lot of people treat these games as, well, dysphoria therapy

Nexus premium is cheaper than therapy.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I installed Magnum Opus and then quickly got rid of when I was getting killed in a couple of hits when I met super mutants for the first time and my weapons did basically no damage to them. It seemed like it had a lot going for it, but I hated the balance.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The game requires Steam to be open because it has Steam DRM. Launching it through F4SE won’t trigger an update. If you are really concerned look up how to mark the manifest file as read only and Steam won’t even realize there is an update and will never update that game or attempt to. You could also just copy paste the install folder to somewhere else if figuring out the manifest stuff is too hard. Steam won’t care where the game is located on your drive as far as DRM is concerned, but if the files aren’t in the place Steam installed them it won’t be possible for them to be updated. This will have the side effect of when the game update does come out it will download the entire game again and now you will have two copies installed. One the current patch with all your mods and one the new update with no mods. Then you could rip the new creation club DLC being added and add it to your non updated version.

Flowing Thot fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2024

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Leal posted:

Is there a mod that puts the Fallout TV series into FO4?

There is (was?) a mod to watch movies at the movie theater settlement, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to add the TV show as an option, but no one could share that on the Nexus. Not sure what it takes to add your own.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Philippe posted:

I'm at the page for Videos of the Wasteland, and apparently you can't play anything longer than 10 minutes.

Okay, well you are going to want to get a copy of Davinci Resolve, it's a good free video editor. Then cut up the show into sub 10-minute chunks.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Does it also happen on a new game or just that existing save?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Ethiser posted:

So i downloaded Magnum Opus and loaded the settings in MCM. Are the first Raiders you come across in Concord supposed to be unkillable death gods? It takes like a clip in the body to kill them, but I'm getting one shot by dudes with the worst pistol in the game.

I don’t know, but that was my experience the other day. I then deleted Magnum Opus.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Are they light flagged?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Update is out, so now we wait to find out how hosed everything is.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Let my Steam copy patch and moved the new Enclave CC to my unpatched backup copy, and it just CTD's if you try to load it. Oh well, was worth a shot.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Large overhaul mod for New Vegas with terrible writing.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I would like SS2 a lot more without the settlements. The quest content is really well done.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The update broke anything that uses F4SE. It will likely stay broken for at least a few days. Maybe longer.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah, all of that is a net negative to me.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yes it's terrible.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Oh, wow nice. I usually never do that DLC because of how annoying they are, and I don't really care about building robots anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The only way to fix it is to mod it. All Bethesda did was let you select ultrawide resolutions in the launcher instead of having to manually change them in the INI file. The UI will still be totally hosed unless you mod it.