Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Did anyone figure out a way to port New Vegas items to Fallout 4? I miss my spiffy hat and sunglasses :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

staberind posted:

Aparrently its a pain in the arse, but importing a hat and shades into F4 should be possible, using bodyslide. however, I have no idea what to do about different shaped heads, hairs & faces,

Dang :( What about porting Skyrim stuff? Any easier?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

So I was just hacking today guessing the now bland minding numbing guess the password game on the terminal when an idea hit me.

What if you could buy or craft several different levels of temporary one use autohack holotapes to do the job for you? just slam those tapes into the computers and let them do the work.

I had a similar idea ages ago before Fallout 4 was announced. It hinged on the Repair and Science skills and was essentially a manual way of interfacing with terminals or doors via a handheld breadboard hack tool. You'd craft your board and it could be upgraded depending on your skills, and also could be loaded with a stronger brute force style attack that ran the risk of frying your board. Successful hacks improved your board's abilities, which would in turn offer increased hacking speeds, better rewards, and ability to attempt more difficult barriers.

Kinda like this:

Just pretend there's a ghoul companion there instead of space marines. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Richard Bong posted:

Why do people take these low angle pictures? I don't get it.

He could look 75% less creepy if he sat up straight and held the camera at eye level.

Look up at me, peasant. :smug:

Edit:

Bloodnose posted:

All I want for Fallout 4 is Legacy of the Dragonborn.

I can make something like it myself I guess with the displays mod, but I loved having it done for me and just filling in the blanks

This would get me to reinstall immediately.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I reinstalled last night and got a handful of mods, and I'm on a minty fresh install of both Mod Organizer 2.0.7 as well as LOOT, but none of my mods are actually activating. LOOT won't sort my list, and spits out an error code of 3221225477, and Mod Organizer as well won't sort my mods.

I can boot into the game and my choices for customizing my character are extremely limited. I can't even change my hair.

What did I gently caress up?

Edit:

Yep, my \data\ folder is pristine and free of mods. I thought I pointed Mod Organizer to the right directory to install them correctly but apparently I didn't.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Entropic posted:

You don't actually need LOOT or any kind of mod order sorter thing in FO4 or Skyrim or whatever unless you have a ridiculous number of mods. Seriously, LOOT is a placebo at best unless you you're doing crazy poo poo with your mods.

This is good to know, I just have leftover habits from my Skyrim days :v:

Also I tried again with NMM and it works flawlessly. You'd think by now I would've learned not to mod a Bethesda game when I'm sleepy but oh well!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nevets posted:

Are you getting any errors about writing to your plugin file? Maybe MO doesn't have permissions to change it.

Nope, got nothin'. I went to NMM afterwards and everything is working normally.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone got an idea why Place Anywhere won't respond to numpad input when it comes to putting objects in place?

Edit:

Oh you don't select the item you wanna scale and rotate you just aim at them. :downs:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 25, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
So what's keeping people from taking these paid mods and uploading them elsewhere for folks that don't wanna cough up real money for a backpack?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Raygereio posted:

In the meantime, here are the 1.9.4 files. necessary for F4SE 0.4.2 to work.

How does this work? I wanna get back to building my drat bunker home already :f5:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Raygereio posted:

In Steam be sure you have FO4's update set to only update when you launch the game.
Go to FO4 install folder and make a back up of Fallout4.exe & \Data\Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.
Unpack the archive I linked. Place Fallout4.exe & libScePad.dll in the main folder and Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, in your Data folder, overwriting the original files. Launch the game with f4se_loader.exe.

When F4SE updates again, you can delete libScePad.dll and restore the backups you made.

Yeah I figured it out, I just hadn't seen libScePad before :)

Also Place Anywhere is currently busted as well, but this fix has got me going again.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gonkish posted:

Remember how Bethesda made a big deal about the mods on CC being "curated" and "tested" and such? Is anyone really shocked that basic testing wasn't done and now modders are fixing it?

Also, just so that this post isn't just more bitching about CC, here's something awesome:

NCR Patrolman and Trooper armor. REALLY good quality, by the looks of it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26497/

I really wish you could have that bandoleer on any armor you want, it's precisely what I've been after for a while now. Good poo poo, though.

Edit:

Has anyone made a reloading animation fix for the China Lake launcher and holorifle?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 3, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Back Hack posted:

What's the problem? I thought they had custom animations now.

It's like the lever action; you shoot once, and reloading puts five in the tube. Same for the launchers. You get the admittedly cool animation of popping a fresh one in the chamber, but reload the tube even if you only shot once.

It's gotten me killed a few times :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gonkish posted:

There is a scripted reload mod that changes that behavior, but it's dependant upon either the mod author or some industrious person to make a patch or include support for it outright. Works beautifully on the lever action, however.

<Creation Club business>

Oh yeah I've got the lever one already, and the mod author for the China Lake and holo rifle said they tried to integrate the script but couldn't figure it out. I found the animation framework mod and the description says knowledge of the CK and animation is required and wouldn't be covered so that's me knocked right out of giving this a go on my own :downs:

KakerMix posted:

Bethesda doesn't know their community in the least is why, they are simply out of touch mixed with "that's OUR money" while not even attempting a token effort to hide it. Or understand the community that their games have spawned.

lol remember when Pete Hines was yelling at people on twitter for asking if Bethesda understood Fallout lore, then doubled down on it when folks were saying "Hey maybe the head of public relations for a Bethesda sized company shouldn't be so hostile to its fans"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is anyone else not getting subtitles with the full dialogue overhaul mod since this last update? All of my poo poo is up to date, and my response menu works but I get no subtitles on anyone.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Raygereio posted:

Just to get the obvious out of the way: You do have subtitles enabled under Settings-Display?
The string files do need to be updates for the 1.10 patch, but those being out of date shouldn't disable subtitles.

It turns out I'm a massive idiot. Subtitles were turned off :downs:

Edit:

I found this guide for fixing reload animations, so if anyone wants to take a stab at fixing the reload on the China Lake and holorifle launchers, might be worth looking into.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is there a mod pack that basically turns off the main quest and settlement building entirely, and turns the game into a survival-horror kinda thing like where you gotta do delving into ruins to find bits to improve your little hideout? And more valuable items are in more dangerous items?

Saw this video last night and it really pinged that part of my brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYDcEM8e9Q