Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

paul_soccer10 posted:

what race were they

hill dwarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PBS Newshour posted:

i am like one of two people who actually reads comics so its a bunch of nerds who only watch comic book movies and shows. for some reason they always try to out nerd me or something about comics they haven't read. its a very confusing experience.
because liking superheroes is now socially acceptable since there's a new superhero movie out every other week that appeals to the general public

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:aaa:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

symbolic posted:

because liking superheroes is now socially acceptable since there's a new superhero movie out every other week that appeals to the general public

these are actual diehard nerds, they just don't actually read comics. its like you don't have to prove anything to me buddy its just a friendly club.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Serviette posted:

Where were they? I ask because I need to find my people :unsmith:

Yeah or maybe you were in the back of a hobby shop an hour ago and met a stranger and if I tell you where it was I've just revealed to you my true face.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Applewhite are you sure that wasn't a mirror? :smuggo:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That happened to me once at a Steak and Shake. I thought I had known nerds, and I'd been on SA for years, but nothing prepares you for the real deal.

My partner and I had a late night stoned craving for Frisco melts, and halfway through dinner a group of North American wild nerds sat in the booth across from us and argued about Sailor Moon. They were almost grotesque, each with features that were paired so terribly with other features that you had to question how they ever came together through genetics, forcing you to question Darwin himself.

I was fascinated, and shifted in my seat to better hear their chatter, but as I have never seen Sailor Moon it was incomprehensible to me. Sadly, after what seemed only like minutes, my partner and I had finished eating and were beginning to get less stoned, so we had to leave the magnificent beasts to their squabbles and return home for the evening.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
i'm mirror

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

criscodisco posted:

That happened to me once at a Steak and Shake. I thought I had known nerds, and I'd been on SA for years, but nothing prepares you for the real deal.

My partner and I had a late night stoned craving for Frisco melts, and halfway through dinner a group of North American wild nerds sat in the booth across from us and argued about Sailor Moon. They were almost grotesque, each with features that were paired so terribly with other features that you had to question how they ever came together through genetics, forcing you to question Darwin himself.

I was fascinated, and shifted in my seat to better hear their chatter, but as I have never seen Sailor Moon it was incomprehensible to me. Sadly, after what seemed only like minutes, my partner and I had finished eating and were beginning to get less stoned, so we had to leave the magnificent beasts to their squabbles and return home for the evening.

is steak and shake what you call your mirror

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Applewhite are you sure that wasn't a mirror? :smuggo:

haha ha haah

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
hey, hey applewhite. Are you sure the three nerdsyou met weren't in fact not just one but three mirrors standing next to one another???

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yo OP perhaps you were looking......

......IN A MIRROR?!?!?!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

PBS Newshour posted:

is steak and shake what you call your mirror

No but it turned out I was eating in the bathroom.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Strategic Tea posted:

......IN A MIRROR?!?!?!

HOLY MOLEY :eyepop:

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That's how I felt about hillbillies until I went to my grandpa's childhood hometown in West Virginia.
then you got hosed by them and all was cool?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
op, were they filled with crusty seamen?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

......IN A MIRROR?!?!?!

HAha I can't belive ti.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*midnight, october 31st, pbs newshour is staring into the mirror*

applewhite... applewhite... applewhite

*a dog man in space marine armor and buddy holly glasses appears in the mirror*

Gee Whiz anyone see my issue of action comics #1

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I've never met genesplicer op

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
What OP says he looked at :

What OP actually looked at:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Minimalist Program posted:

lol

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

I just looked at my own post and now I freaked myself out by asking myself this question: who took a picture of that mirror?!?!?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
a gay ghost obv

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Bing Bong Theory does not prepare you. In BBT, the nerds are well groomed and use skincare products and are dressed by professional stylists.

These nerds were not pretty. There was a Howard Woolwich looking one who was skinny as a rail and hook nosed and his greasy hair was matted to his head and his patchy beard looked like pubes. The Leonard looking one was much fatter and angrier. His shirt was sweat stained and looked like it could stand up on its own.

The Shelton looking one's head was overlarge and teetered precariously on his scrawny, vulture like neck, his odor almost a physical force.

They were arguing about Warhammer 40k rules in voices that still cracked like those of teenagers, even though these men must have been in their mid to late 30s.

I'd heard all the nerd stereotypes before of course, but I'd always dismissed them as hurtful exaggerations.

Not so. Nerds are all too real. I'm feeling very shaken.
việt cộng theory nerds are dangerous, I heard they dig tunnels and pull you into the ground and tear off your scalp with a spade. they may be older but they've been fighting the french for a decade!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

việt cộng theory nerds are dangerous, I heard they dig tunnels and pull you into the ground and tear off your scalp with a spade. they may be older but they've been fighting the french for a decade!

Do they only have one spade?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
.ƨƚƨilyƚƨ lɒnoiƨƨɘʇoɿq yd bɘƨƨɘɿb ɘɿɒ bnɒ ƨƚɔuboɿq ɘɿɒɔniʞƨ ɘƨu bnɒ bɘmooɿǫ llɘw ɘɿɒ ƨbɿɘn ɘʜƚ ,Tᙠᙠ nI .uoy ɘɿɒqɘɿq ƚon ƨɘob yɿoɘʜT ǫnoᙠ ǫniᙠ

.nwo ƨƚi no qu bnɒƚƨ bluoɔ ƚi ɘʞil bɘʞool bnɒ bɘniɒƚƨ ƚɒɘwƨ ƨɒw ƚɿiʜƨ ƨiH .ɿɘiɿǫnɒ bnɒ ɿɘƚƚɒʇ ʜɔum ƨɒw ɘno ǫniʞool bɿɒnoɘ⅃ ɘʜT .ƨɘduq ɘʞil bɘʞool bɿɒɘd yʜɔƚɒq ƨiʜ bnɒ bɒɘʜ ƨiʜ oƚ bɘƚƚɒm ƨɒw ɿiɒʜ yƨɒɘɿǫ ƨiʜ bnɒ bɘƨon ʞooʜ bnɒ liɒɿ ɒ ƨɒ ynniʞƨ ƨɒw oʜw ɘno ǫniʞool ʜɔiwlooW bɿɒwoH ɒ ƨɒw ɘɿɘʜT .yƚƚɘɿq ƚon ɘɿɘw ƨbɿɘn ɘƨɘʜT

.ɘɔɿoʇ lɒɔiƨyʜq ɒ ƚƨomlɒ ɿobo ƨiʜ ,ʞɔɘn ɘʞil ɘɿuƚluv ,ynwɒɿɔƨ ƨiʜ no ylƨuoiɿɒɔɘɿq bɘɿɘƚɘɘƚ bnɒ ɘǫɿɒlɿɘvo ƨɒw bɒɘʜ ƨ'ɘno ǫniʞool noƚlɘʜƧ ɘʜT

.ƨ0Ƹ ɘƚɒl oƚ bim ɿiɘʜƚ ni nɘɘd ɘvɒʜ ƚƨum nɘm ɘƨɘʜƚ ʜǫuoʜƚ nɘvɘ ,ƨɿɘǫɒnɘɘƚ ʇo ɘƨoʜƚ ɘʞil bɘʞɔɒɿɔ lliƚƨ ƚɒʜƚ ƨɘɔiov ni ƨɘluɿ ʞ04 ɿɘmmɒʜɿɒW ƚuodɒ ǫniuǫɿɒ ɘɿɘw yɘʜT

.ƨnoiƚɒɿɘǫǫɒxɘ luʇƚɿuʜ ƨɒ mɘʜƚ bɘƨƨimƨib ƨyɒwlɒ b'I ƚud ,ɘƨɿuoɔ ʇo ɘɿoʇɘd ƨɘqyƚoɘɿɘƚƨ bɿɘn ɘʜƚ llɒ bɿɒɘʜ b'I

.nɘʞɒʜƨ yɿɘv ǫnilɘɘʇ m'I .lɒɘɿ ooƚ llɒ ɘɿɒ ƨbɿɘИ .oƨ ƚoИ

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

PBS Newshour posted:

.ƨƚƨilyƚƨ lɒnoiƨƨɘʇoɿq yd bɘƨƨɘɿb ɘɿɒ bnɒ ƨƚɔuboɿq ɘɿɒɔniʞƨ ɘƨu bnɒ bɘmooɿǫ llɘw ɘɿɒ ƨbɿɘn ɘʜƚ ,Tᙠᙠ nI .uoy ɘɿɒqɘɿq ƚon ƨɘob yɿoɘʜT ǫnoᙠ ǫniᙠ

.nwo ƨƚi no qu bnɒƚƨ bluoɔ ƚi ɘʞil bɘʞool bnɒ bɘniɒƚƨ ƚɒɘwƨ ƨɒw ƚɿiʜƨ ƨiH .ɿɘiɿǫnɒ bnɒ ɿɘƚƚɒʇ ʜɔum ƨɒw ɘno ǫniʞool bɿɒnoɘ⅃ ɘʜT .ƨɘduq ɘʞil bɘʞool bɿɒɘd yʜɔƚɒq ƨiʜ bnɒ bɒɘʜ ƨiʜ oƚ bɘƚƚɒm ƨɒw ɿiɒʜ yƨɒɘɿǫ ƨiʜ bnɒ bɘƨon ʞooʜ bnɒ liɒɿ ɒ ƨɒ ynniʞƨ ƨɒw oʜw ɘno ǫniʞool ʜɔiwlooW bɿɒwoH ɒ ƨɒw ɘɿɘʜT .yƚƚɘɿq ƚon ɘɿɘw ƨbɿɘn ɘƨɘʜT

.ɘɔɿoʇ lɒɔiƨyʜq ɒ ƚƨomlɒ ɿobo ƨiʜ ,ʞɔɘn ɘʞil ɘɿuƚluv ,ynwɒɿɔƨ ƨiʜ no ylƨuoiɿɒɔɘɿq bɘɿɘƚɘɘƚ bnɒ ɘǫɿɒlɿɘvo ƨɒw bɒɘʜ ƨ'ɘno ǫniʞool noƚlɘʜƧ ɘʜT

.ƨ0Ƹ ɘƚɒl oƚ bim ɿiɘʜƚ ni nɘɘd ɘvɒʜ ƚƨum nɘm ɘƨɘʜƚ ʜǫuoʜƚ nɘvɘ ,ƨɿɘǫɒnɘɘƚ ʇo ɘƨoʜƚ ɘʞil bɘʞɔɒɿɔ lliƚƨ ƚɒʜƚ ƨɘɔiov ni ƨɘluɿ ʞ04 ɿɘmmɒʜɿɒW ƚuodɒ ǫniuǫɿɒ ɘɿɘw yɘʜT

.ƨnoiƚɒɿɘǫǫɒxɘ luʇƚɿuʜ ƨɒ mɘʜƚ bɘƨƨimƨib ƨyɒwlɒ b'I ƚud ,ɘƨɿuoɔ ʇo ɘɿoʇɘd ƨɘqyƚoɘɿɘƚƨ bɿɘn ɘʜƚ llɒ bɿɒɘʜ b'I

same

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

HAhaa look like this dude posted in a freaking mirror :twisted: :xd: :itwaspoo:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Do they only have one spade?
They're really efficient at passing that thing around in the tunnels.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HAhaa look like this dude posted in a freaking mirror :twisted: :xd: :itwaspoo:

i think i know what applewhites favorite video game is . .

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

They're really efficient at passing that thing around in the tunnels.

*exhales sharply through teeth*
But enough about your mom

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

*exhales sharply through teeth*
But enough about your mom
ahh you.. ahh you..... ahhh

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
. . mirrors edge sorry that the punch line took so long to get to i had to use the bathroom

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PBS Newshour posted:

. . mirrors edge sorry that the punch line took so long to get to i had to use the bathroom

what were you doing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

paul_soccer10 posted:

what were you doing

peeing

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thats cool

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

It looks like you're copying a Demonachizer post. A demonachizer "cargo cult" post, if you will.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Applewhite posted:

Yeah or maybe you were in the back of a hobby shop an hour ago and met a stranger and if I tell you where it was I've just revealed to you my true face.

Or don't help a lost manlet find his peoples. Whatever. :smith:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

PBS Newshour posted:

‮.ƨƚƨilyƚƨ lɒnoiƨƨɘʇoɿq yd bɘƨƨɘɿb ɘɿɒ bnɒ ƨƚɔuboɿq ɘɿɒɔniʞƨ ɘƨu bnɒ bɘmooɿǫ llɘw ɘɿɒ ƨbɿɘn ɘʜƚ ,Tᙠᙠ nI .uoy ɘɿɒqɘɿq ƚon ƨɘob yɿoɘʜT ǫnoᙠ ǫniᙠ

‮no gniog si kcuf eht tahw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Turn on your monitor please, OP

• Locked thread