Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blaine the Train posted:

they don't even show up at 100%?

I don't know about 100%, but I know I didn't see Smash despite it having a copy essence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

The Bee posted:

I'm sad Smash and UFO aren't in there normally, or even in some hidden compartment.

Smash is in World 3-1 in the first area, you're looking for a sub. As for UFO I have no clue.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Smash is very well hidden in several stages and yeah you only get UFO after 100%-ing the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Bee posted:

I don't know about 100%, but I know I didn't see Smash despite it having a copy essence.

Smash and UFO are completely unobtainable in the arena without amiibo. You can't even obtain them from the random copy essences. On that note, Doctor's down + b will never produce a recovery potion in th arenas.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dr. Fetus posted:

Smash and UFO are completely unobtainable in the arena without amiibo. You can't even obtain them from the random copy essences. On that note, Doctor's down + b will never produce a recovery potion in th arenas.

Smash copy essences show up in several places in-game and UFO should be available in the ability testing area at 100% completion.

Anyway, are there any tips for the True Arena? I'm having a hard time getting past the halfway point with Poison or Archer.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's weird Smash isn't available in the Arenas even after you complete them. Would it even rank highly on the ability tier list re:Arenas considering we've seen how easily cutter, archer, and PSI are?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Smash has Hammer baked into it, it's automatically really good. It having better movement and Final Cutter for some quick aerial damage is just icing on the cake.

They didn't lock it out for fairness reasons or anything though, they probably just wanted to keep it special.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Are there any HAL rooms in this game like there is in Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe?

I haven't had much luck finding any just running around the levels.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

XavierGenisi posted:

Are there any HAL rooms in this game like there is in Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe?

I've found 3 of em

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

XavierGenisi posted:

I think there's just 3 of them.

2 of them are secrets in secret rooms.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is Super Star Ultra available for the 3ds in any way?

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Geostomp posted:

Smash copy essences show up in several places in-game and UFO should be available in the ability testing area at 100% completion.

Anyway, are there any tips for the True Arena? I'm having a hard time getting past the halfway point with Poison or Archer.

I've solely been using poison, mostly abusing the cloud and the ground dash. Basically I just lay down clouds where I know the enemy is gonna go to chip away at 'em, I use the dash attack to lay down more poison and use the invincibility frames to avoid attacks, and if I get a chance I use the close up attack combo to get a decent chunk off if I know I've got an opening.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Is Super Star Ultra available for the 3ds in any way?

it's a DS game so you can play it on your 3ds.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Geostomp posted:

Stack DPS with poison clouds, boost the DPS with the towering flow of poison when you aren't in danger of an attack. Keep in mind the dash attack too. Your main use for it is the invuln frames you get from it, but if you use it on the ground, you'll produce toxic puddles that also cause constant damage if a boss is standing on it or moving through it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

it's a DS game so you can play it on your 3ds.

Yeah but can you download it? I might have to change regions since mine has poo poo variety in the virtual store.

Or do I need a physical cart?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Yeah but can you download it? I might have to change regions since mine has poo poo variety in the virtual store.

There aren't any DS game on the 3DS virtual console, you need a cartridge.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Blackheart posted:

It's only available as a physical cart.

Edit: Oops, beaten.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, gently caress.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This game owned but the True Arena is too hard for me this time around.

I made it to the penultimate boss fight once but couldn't survive that, let alone get to the super secret final special unique fight at the very end.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 18, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I did it! Final time of 29:08:47, which is terrible I imagine, but just completing it once is good enough for me. Getting extra air-time in the middle with a dodge/my Down-B attack was a good idea. Now I just need to get more stickers. What's the best way to do that...

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alxprit posted:

I did it! Final time of 29:08:47, which is terrible I imagine, but just completing it once is good enough for me. Getting extra air-time in the middle with a dodge/my Down-B attack was a good idea. Now I just need to get more stickers. What's the best way to do that...

You can get four stickers super quickly in 1-4, provided you can beat the goal game, otherwise it's three stickers a run.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't know if I should be surprised Susie straight-up called Kirby mentally handicapped or that it took this long for a villain to do that.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I forgot this game released already and spent the past day finally catching up.
Holy poo poo that fight against Dark Matter in Meta Knightmare made me squeal with joy.

Same thing with Kabula

Actually, speaking of that first one does that mean that Max also had to defeat Dark Matter and Queen Sectonia in single combat? Is that a requirement for all their presidents/CEOs?

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 21, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

working on beating true arena, i really wish there was an easier way to practice fighting the bosses in the 2 rounds before the last one. i need to go into the last round with a health bar that is at least somewhat respectable

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

working on beating true arena, i really wish there was an easier way to practice fighting the bosses in the 2 rounds before the last one. i need to go into the last round with a health bar that is at least somewhat respectable

If you're talking about Galacta Knight and that group of friends just start up Meta Knightmare and hit continue, you'll start at those fights.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh my god I just beat the final boss. GOTY.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I've tried a no ability run of both arenas, and I have to say, it's pretty interesting just how intricately the bosses are designed in the more recent Kirby games. They're clearly designed around Kirby having to just wait to for opportunities to spit things back at them, but HAL lets players have their fun with abilities.

Holo Defense API pretty much becomes an entirely different fight since you're actually forced to deal with each bosses' attack patterns instead of being able to burst them down in a few seconds. The Holo Doomers are actually pretty nightmarish to deal with in the 2.0 fight.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I reached 100 % in Robobot today.

What do I do with my life now?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I reached 100 % in Robobot today.

What do I do with my life now?

Beat the Arena with every power. (Not the True Arena, I'm not that mean)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Even Sleep? Is that physically possible?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sleep counts as No Ability in my eyes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
There's at least one door in Robobot blocked by a sleeping Noddy, rendering any potential "No Kill Noddy" runs null and void.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Is it possible to knock Noddy back by walking into it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm so glad that badly drawn Dedede lives.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm amused they made badly drawn versions of characters that didn't even exist back then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Wii U Kirby game is full of bad drawings, it's great:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You can jump over the noddy and get into the door. Speaking from experience.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Ok, I was not expecting Kirby to pull a Gurren Lagann for the final boss fight. There's even a Giga Drill Breaker! :stare:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Ok, I was not expecting Kirby to pull a Gurren Lagann for the final boss fight. There's even a Giga Drill Breaker! :stare:

It's actually a giant screwdriver, and Star Dream's head is a screw. Not that I noticed that until the third time I saw it, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

SilverSupernova posted:

Actually, speaking of that first one does that mean that Max also had to defeat Dark Matter and Queen Sectonia in single combat? Is that a requirement for all their presidents/CEOs?

What do you think the golden mech suit was for?

• Locked thread