Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The new PSI mini-boss looks like the love child of Mewtwo and Giygas back when he was a good kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm sure the only two cubes I wasn't able to get on the first try will be the same ones most people will also miss. Also you get them the exact same way so I don't know why I got tricked a second time.

At least you get a cute scene each time along with those cubes though.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ending spoilers (and true arena) but I do find the pause menu fluff genuinely kind of disturbing to think about.

Speaking of pause menu fluff, does anyone know what the fluff is referring to when you fight the Holo-Ice Dragon 2.0 and it mentions dragons being extinct except for a sleeping dragon in a cave on a far off island? That seemed way oddly specific but I can't pinpoint what it's referring to.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We have enough "reformed delinquent antagonists" to make another Return to Dream Land at this point but with Magalor, Taranza and Susie instead of Kirby's usual pals.

I don't know what exactly you'd be doing, or why you'd be playing as them instead of the usual cast.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Security Drones you fight throughout Chapter 6 have the same attack pattern as the boss from Egg Engine right?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I love that Kirby of all series is one where you can have a serious discussion about invincibility frames and DPS. Like you've got fighting games, the Dark Souls series, and then also Kirby.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That there's stickers for the enemies that gave you Beetle and Bell was a nice gesture at least. They know you're missing those abilities but they were just too OP for this world, Beetle especially.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh man that True Arena run I just finished for the first time was intense. I'd say it was on my first try but I had a bunch of false starts in the beginning during the first few bosses with powers I didn't like using and sat through a bunch of various runs until I settled on the Archer. It was pretty smooth sailing until the final boss, where I literally had like three hit points left due to the fact that there wasn't any sort of break between the three-part on-rails boss preceding it. I ended up using three amiibo. Shovel Knight, who healed me but gave me Wheel, Marth and then Hammer Time Bowser who let me take the stony way to victory. Thankfully I knew about the off-waves ahead of time. Just had to lay low once, twice, and then a simple jump to the middle.

The Jukebox doesn't get a star even after 100% completion right? 162 songs is the total?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Smash and UFO are completely unobtainable in the arena without amiibo. You can't even obtain them from the random copy essences. On that note, Doctor's down + b will never produce a recovery potion in th arenas.

It's weird Smash isn't available in the Arenas even after you complete them. Would it even rank highly on the ability tier list re:Arenas considering we've seen how easily cutter, archer, and PSI are?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alxprit posted:

I did it! Final time of 29:08:47, which is terrible I imagine, but just completing it once is good enough for me. Getting extra air-time in the middle with a dodge/my Down-B attack was a good idea. Now I just need to get more stickers. What's the best way to do that...

You can get four stickers super quickly in 1-4, provided you can beat the goal game, otherwise it's three stickers a run.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
There's at least one door in Robobot blocked by a sleeping Noddy, rendering any potential "No Kill Noddy" runs null and void.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gooey is merely leveraging excess nutrients from foodstuffs he picked up onto Kirby to keep both of their vitality levels up.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Also you can exchange Arena/True Arena times with other people who've beaten them and get to see if they have the amiibo icon of shame next to their time as well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fact that parts of HAL spent years prototyping and testing concepts for a fully-3D Kirby experience and nothing tangible ever came out of those ventures leads me to believe that a "Kirby in a 3D world with no boundaries" game [i]could[i] exist and work to a point; but it would always have the problem of some/many players feeling like it "Just wasn't Kirby" no matter what they tried. Like how there's probably a good chunk of Metroid prototypes with an open world from the N64 days locked in a vault we'll never see that never went farther than simple concepts for the same reason.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Behind the Scenes for Planet Robobot has started in earnest finally. I guess keep checking back on this specific community over time as they start to answer more and more story-related questions. There's already one of those questions they answer at the end of this first session.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
More dev stuff from the last Miiverse Q&A.

Including:

quote:

That's quite a thing to spot. In Kirby's Adventure on the Famicom (NES), Meta Knight's eyes are indeed white. At that time, there was a limit to the number of colors you could use, so I think that white was chosen because it stood out more. They were also white in Kirby Super Star (EU: Kirby's Fun Pak), but when we created the 3D model for this game, giving him white eyes somehow didn't feel right. And besides, his eyes have always shone with a yellow glow from behind his mask. We were worried about how old-school fans might react to this, but for the purposes of the design, we settled on yellow eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Kirby development team behind the scenes/screenshot contests are still one of the few reasons Miiverse was worthwhile in the end.

Stuff like this is magical:

quote:

This screenshot seems to depict the extraordinary meeting of the Lor Starcutter with…itself! This craft is capable of traversing space and time, so a meeting of two Lor Starcutters from different times is certainly possible. Wow, wouldn't it be cool if that really happened? I wonder - the Lor Starcutter that can be seen when Galacta Knight performs this attack...what time is it from? And, if there is someone inside it, who are they, and where are they going? Presumably, when the rift opens and we can see them, they can see into our world, too! Ooh, it really sets the imagination racing, doesn't it!

• Locked thread