Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Starhawk64 posted:

Ok, I was not expecting Kirby to pull a Gurren Lagann for the final boss fight. There's even a Giga Drill Breaker! :stare:

It's actually a giant screwdriver, and Star Dream's head is a screw. Not that I noticed that until the third time I saw it, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Alxprit posted:

I'd really like a comprehensive list of which musical tracks are remixes and of what. I didn't realize there was a Kirby 64 boss theme in there. The factory music I recognize of course though, since it's in every game nowadays.

Really I just want a complete soundtrack of the game. All the ones I can find on Youtube are incomplete or badly labeled or in random order.

Huh? This is the first result for me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
This is a full playlist (including songs reused without alterations), in the order they appear in the game, and correctly labeled for 95% of the songs.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I have no idea why Smash isn't accessible. There's no way it's as broken as good ol Archer, or PSI.

I guess because it's got the Stone invulnerability but also other really good attacks, they thought it'd be too good? :confused:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Going off topic, but the Kirby series is (sadly) too small to sustain a topic so i'll just post here.

I've been inspired to play Kirby's Dreamland 3 for the first time ever thanks to Robobot. Not that there were many overt Dreamland references or anything, I've just had Kirby on the mind. I never actually beat, or played much at all, any of the Dreamland games (including 64, the honorary last Dreamland game), so this is a pretty fresh experience for me. I decided to do KDL3 because I thought that 2 might have aged kinda badly, and I wasn't really in the mood for grappling with old platformer design choices.

KDL3 is amazing. I'm two worlds in, and everything about it owns. It looks amazing, the soundtrack is some of SNES' best, and most unexpectedly for me, it's not stupid easy. I'd kind of forgotten all about how the earlier Kirbs actually dared to pose a challenge sometimes. It's not too hard or anything, but I've actually died more than once on just some normal-rear end levels. The level designs aren't even anything too tough, but hey, turns out when copy abilities don't have attacks in every direction, invincible dashes, and OP guards, suddenly you need to actually watch out for yourself.

I'm totally playing 64 after this (and maybe KDL2 if someone can convince me), and I really recommend anyone interested in the series after Robobot to try KDL3. It barely shows its age.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

alcharagia posted:

M A G O L O R

rologam

• Locked thread