Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This game is awesome, I wasn't sure about the robot at first but it's really fun to play with. I like gimmicks that don't really hinder Kirby's normal abilities that much (which is why Epic Yarn is my favorite non-standard Kirby game as it's the closest in feel to a normal platformer).

I also like that they brought back obscure bosses like Pix(The 3 prisms from the 2nd world of Kirby 64, which served as the base form of the hologram machine in the 2nd world of this one). I haven't unlocked it yet but out of curiousity, are there save points in the Meta Knight mode like there were in Dedede Tour or do you have to do it all in one sitting?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exploding mummy posted:

you get a save spot about halfway through the level, and a second save point after beating the boss and before starting the next world.

So it's pretty much just like Triple Deluxe did it then, good to know. I kind of like this new way they're handling EX Mode in Kirby games now, play a slightly shorter version of the same game only with a new character that has most of the benefits of the various powers roled into one, bosses have slightly different attacks, and a new final boss at the end.

I hope they keep this up (and if they follow the pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if the next game had a Waddle Dee mode for it's second playthrough).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 14, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice to see Fighter is just as broken here as it was in Return to Dreamland (if you abuse the uppercut and down kick moves you can tear through the Arena pretty easily).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zaphiel posted:

How do you unlock the True Arena? Do I need to complete (or 100%) Meta Knight's adventure?

Just complete the Meta Knight mode and it unlocks automatically.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Bee posted:

I'm sad Smash and UFO aren't in there normally, or even in some hidden compartment.

Is it even possible to get those abilities in the normal game without using an Amiibo?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Geostomp posted:

The stickers and even some bosses are huge references.

Actually pretty much every boss in this game is a reference to the series' past with the exception of Susie and Haltmann.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Amppelix posted:

I have no idea why Smash isn't accessible. There's no way it's as broken as good ol Archer, or PSI.

I guess because it's got the Stone invulnerability but also other really good attacks, they thought it'd be too good? :confused:

Though it's still weird you can't get it in the Arenas seeing as it's available via the Ability Testing Room you unlock after beating the game (I think UFO shows up there as well but only after completing the game 100%).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aside from the 3d Rumble mini-game and maybe Air Ride why is it there has never been a proper 3D Kirby game? It seems odd that out of all of Nintendo's long-running franchises (or most active game franchises in general for that matter), Kirby is the only one that never truly made the jump.

Not that I'm complaining as I love the Kirby games and this one in particular might be next to Super Star as far as favorite games go but still it might be an interesting experiment for them to try some day.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

They actually did try to make one for the Gamecube, but it ended up getting cancelled.

Yeah I remember seeing screenshots of that, it could be neat if they tried it again one day though (although they'd probably have to put a time limit on Kirby's flight ability like they did in 64 as otherwise it seems like that would be pretty game-breaking in a 3D environment).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 5, 2016

• Locked thread