Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I forgot this game released already and spent the past day finally catching up.
Holy poo poo that fight against Dark Matter in Meta Knightmare made me squeal with joy.

Same thing with Kabula

Actually, speaking of that first one does that mean that Max also had to defeat Dark Matter and Queen Sectonia in single combat? Is that a requirement for all their presidents/CEOs?

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reminder, if you aren't reading the pause screen flavor text, you're playing the game wrong.

Especially the huge twist they throw at you starting with Susie 2.0's.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Geostomp posted:

The stickers and even some bosses are huge references.

In a somewhat less adorable adventure, he was inexplicably clay and decided to just roll around as ball through the whole game for no particular reason.

Are we at the point for posting music? If so, I gotta give Robobot Rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCX4lrXzMg

Also, Haltmann Works Elite Management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4op6S2MHHo

I still can't get over the fact that they finally remixed the boss theme from 64. The musical nods this game throws at the player have me squealing like a small child. Especially the True Final Boss battle.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I'd really like a comprehensive list of which musical tracks are remixes and of what. I didn't realize there was a Kirby 64 boss theme in there. The factory music I recognize of course though, since it's in every game nowadays.

Really I just want a complete soundtrack of the game. All the ones I can find on Youtube are incomplete or badly labeled or in random order.

The 64 boss theme (plus the Dark Star theme from the same game) show up in that 3D sub game.
I know there's also remixes of Dark Palace (DL2) Power-Ups/Kabula (DL1), Nutty Noon (Return) and a lot more.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Constr posted:

I haven't played triple deluxe, is this game worth getting over that one?

Both are worth getting, but yes Robobot outdid Triple Deluxe.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Finally beat the last boss in Kirby Quest. Now all that's left is the True Arena. Also rather sad they didn't include the Computer Virus boss in it, even if they did reference it in the level up screens.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Did you clear Meta Knightmare and True Arena yet? If not, that final battle goes even further.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Larryb posted:

Aside from the 3d Rumble mini-game and maybe Air Ride why is it there has never been a proper 3D Kirby game? It seems odd that out of all of Nintendo's long-running franchises (or most active game franchises in general for that matter), Kirby is the only one that never truly made the jump.

Not that I'm complaining as I love the Kirby games and this one in particular might be next to Super Star as far as favorite games go but still it might be an interesting experiment for them to try some day.

They actually did try to make one for the Gamecube, but it ended up getting cancelled.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Getting back to the game in the topic title, and speaking of Dream Land 2, I just noticed that in Robobot, Dark Matter is wielding the Rainbow Sword.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blackheart posted:

It will, because the villain is gonna be 0³

That's probably likely since the past couple Kirby games seemed to base the main villain on whichever game was having an Anniversary that year (Amazing Mirror for Triple Deluxe, and Super Star for Robobot) THe next game would probably come out to coincide with either 64 or DL3.

Davinci posted:

I hope the next Kirby game brings these little dudes back.

Didn't they show up in Return to Dream Land after you left Pop Star to basically be Magolor's place's equivalent to a Waddle Dee?

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 14, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

poo poo, is there an homage to Marx in Robobot? I need to buy it anyway, but that would seal it. Milky Way Wishes is my poo poo.

The FINAL final boss has a couple of his attacks. Also the FINAL final boss is a NOVA so there's also that.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Well at least they knew the risks.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Speaking of Marx

I want that Magolor plush.
I will trade my soul for that Magolor plush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Two weeks late but the Kirby Cafe has closed its doors for the final time. Waddle Dees will no longer be provided to us in our times of need.

• Locked thread