Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Still not 100% sure if this is better than triple deluxe, but it's at least as good. Which is nice because both are already almost perfect like King Dedede.

drat, there's a part of this game that is a better Star Fox than Star Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The music in this game is incredibly powerful but I think Moonlight Capital is still the stronger final stage music... for now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nice, it reminds me of the strongest damaging ability in super star: helper TAC.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dark Matter trilogy (DL2/DL3/64) works. Just make sure you let her know they're slower games. Especially 64.

Man I'd love to see Zero back. Swordsman Dark Matter on this one blew my mind.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah but since she said she really enjoyed Wool Yoshi I guess Epic Yarn wouldn't hurt either.

Man this series just has the tightest boss fights mechanics, for a platformer. 3Deluxe's only mediocre boss was Pyribbit IMO, Fighting Kirby Bosses is just a delight. Plus HAL just puts so much effort in special animations and mood, like the only game that keeps topping itself up in the final bosses like Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe is The Wonderful 101.

I love Kirby so drat much

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Smash is very well hidden in several stages and yeah you only get UFO after 100%-ing the game.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is Super Star Ultra available for the 3ds in any way?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

it's a DS game so you can play it on your 3ds.

Yeah but can you download it? I might have to change regions since mine has poo poo variety in the virtual store.

Or do I need a physical cart?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, gently caress.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm so glad that badly drawn Dedede lives.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Wii U Kirby game is full of bad drawings, it's great:

I love this and I choose to believe that the artist never heard of Kirby and drew the characters from descriptions.

This is from Rainbow Curse right? How good and fun is that one to actually play? The music alone seems to justify its existence though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Super Star should be required play for everyone.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It is, but I still liked the supernova segments a lot. The puzzles were fun and it's very satisfying to eat those giant eels, whispy woods or a boss' health bar.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is it me or does the final boss theme have a sound sample of Haltmann screaming in it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That too, but I mean, in P-R-O-G-R-A-M which is also the Star Dream Soul OS' theme when you finally fight the heart. You can hear it after the part that has bits of "Heart of Nova" -around 1:45 here.

It could also just be a machine sound and I mixed it with what you mentioned.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Only thing I don't enjoy as much about DL3 is that getting some of the required secret stuff for unlocking the final zone can be a bit of a hassle, particularly some of the more bullshit minigames. It's nothing impossible though.

Dream Land 2 is still an excellent game , and very similar to DL3 with some of the same problems with hidden stuff. Definitely play it if you can to get the full Dark Matter experience.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I always thought Crystal Shards was way, way easier to 100% than the rest when it comes to hidden shards. As for the bosses Even 02 is sadly way too easy to cheese, during boss rush if you get past Miracle Matter you're basically done.

Triple Deluxe and Robobot have well hidden stuff that's not -too- hard to find yet still manages to feel very rewarding. It's a very good balance.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dreamland 2 is also good because it has the best Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It will, because the villain is gonna be 0³

Actually I kinda hoped HR-H would show up in Planet Robobot.

• Locked thread