Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The rare stickers are much more well-hidden than they were in Triple Deluxe. I'm not to proud to admit I had to look up 5-2's.

It was only after finding it that I realized its hidey-hole wasn't so much for the sticker, but rather for the other thing that was in there. Well played, Sakurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Ah, the good old Mirror ability is back. It was my standby in Kirby Super Star. The shield isn't as ungodly broken anymore and actually shuts down after enough hits, but in exchange it reflects projectiles back at the attacker, and it got a couple new moves.

If the next Kirby game somewhere down the road gets Yo-Yo back, I'll be very happy.

Star Dream is loving bananas. Pitifully easy if you know that Sail Wing is literally a barrel roll a la Star Fox, but still a crazy fight that was much more than I expected. I can't wait for the inevitable True Arena version.

Also I find it hilarious how the Star Fox-styled final boss has infinitely better controls than Star Fox Zero with a nerfed barrel roll (it has a notable cooldown).

EclecticTastes posted:

This is true, but easy to forget in all the bright colors and excellent, breezy gameplay. I mean, I've been playing Kirby since I was three years old, Dream Land was the first video game I ever laid hands on, and I still often fail to appreciate how deep the rabbit hole goes.

That's what I like about this series: you only have to worry about the storyline if you want to. The lore and tidbits are actually put together quite well and scattered all over the various games if you take the time to look, but it's in no way required and isn't ever shoved down your throat, so you can just enjoy the gameplay however you choose.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 10, 2016

• Locked thread