Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hello everyone, I just beat the game, and it was good. Gonna do the bonus campaign eventually. The connection to past games makes me wonder about the big picture. Is there anything concrete that connects to other games besides the Dark Matter trilogy and the thingie (you know) in Triple Deluxe? Or is it all just speculation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Can you cheese the Arena with amiibo? I imagine they just don't give you the food they normally do when you use them, but if I can use it infinitely, I imagine my Jigglypuff giving me Mike all the time could be pretty abusive.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Speaking of pause menu fluff, does anyone know what the fluff is referring to when you fight the Holo-Ice Dragon 2.0 and it mentions dragons being extinct except for a sleeping dragon in a cave on a far off island? That seemed way oddly specific but I can't pinpoint what it's referring to.

My first thought is the Dark Dragon from Mother 3, but that seems a bit reach-y, even if they do directly reference Ness in the ESP ability's description.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

EclecticTastes posted:

This guy gets it. Until they bring back Helpers and also Yo-Yo, they can never surpass Super Star.

Listen, bringing back Mirror is what is most important here

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Just certain ones. But you'd never really know it unless you asked.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Had my first attempt at True Arena with Mirror. It can reflect some pretty wacky stuff back at the attackers, like Holo-Kracko's lightning beams and the flamethrower from the D3 Cannon. I still was out of practice so I made it past the second-to-last boss with a sliver of health, and the healing from the Final Pep Bottle was only enough to carry me through the first phase of the final battle. Sectonia Clone in particular is a bit of a rough nut to crack, despite me technically having experience with it. Guess I'm just missing Beetle.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Got to the final final part of the True Arena. The fact that it's basically Heart of Nova but on foot is hilarious and incredible. But I had only one hit left when I got there so I didn't last very long at all. Need to learn how to get past Star Dream a bit more reliably.

By the way, I have a bit of speculation of my own. It may be dumb, but bear with me.

I really do think that Star Dream and Nova are one and the same. Yes, it's true that there are multiple wish-granting supercomputers throughout the world, as stated before. However, consider that Star Dream first appears as a cylindrical machine-type thing. It's only after it merges with the Access Ark that it gets that spherical form that results in the Nova-looking machine. I refuse to believe that every single "Star Dream" that exists has undergone this process. It's also why I think the various objects it summons are actually related to it, and not just a "haha remember?" moment. Just spitballing here, but I think my reasoning is sound.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So it's the third wave that instagibs? Cause I got hit by the first one and while it was a sizeable amount of damage, it was nothing a better healed me couldn't have dealed with. Last one got me though. Does it just hit through everything? You couldn't theoretically get hit by the second one and invulnerable through it or something? I just want to know since I was really proud of my last performance and don't want to screw up twice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Zaphiel posted:

How do you unlock the True Arena? Do I need to complete (or 100%) Meta Knight's adventure?

Yeah, since almost every boss from it is in fact from that part of the game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I did it! Final time of 29:08:47, which is terrible I imagine, but just completing it once is good enough for me. Getting extra air-time in the middle with a dodge/my Down-B attack was a good idea. Now I just need to get more stickers. What's the best way to do that...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

I reached 100 % in Robobot today.

What do I do with my life now?

Beat the Arena with every power. (Not the True Arena, I'm not that mean)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sleep counts as No Ability in my eyes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'd really like a comprehensive list of which musical tracks are remixes and of what. I didn't realize there was a Kirby 64 boss theme in there. The factory music I recognize of course though, since it's in every game nowadays.

Really I just want a complete soundtrack of the game. All the ones I can find on Youtube are incomplete or badly labeled or in random order.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Amppelix posted:

Huh? This is the first result for me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
This is a full playlist (including songs reused without alterations), in the order they appear in the game, and correctly labeled for 95% of the songs.

I'd really like versions that aren't 30 minutes long as well. Guess I'm just picky.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Blackheart posted:

Only thing I don't enjoy as much about DL3 is that getting some of the required secret stuff for unlocking the final zone can be a bit of a hassle, particularly some of the more bullshit minigames. It's nothing impossible though.

Dream Land 2 is still an excellent game , and very similar to DL3 with some of the same problems with hidden stuff. Definitely play it if you can to get the full Dark Matter experience.

Get it on your Wii U and abuse restore points, it's what they were made for. There are a lot of weird obscure secrets in the game but at least you actually knew what was and what wasn't a secret, unlike Crystal Shards at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Using i-frames to go through bosses is like the bread and butter of modern Arena combat.

• Locked thread