Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Aw man, I love this game! It's great to see a skilled LP of it here - and one in the best mode, no less. I despise the final story missions and their massive difficulty spikes, but Endless Mode feels much, much fun and less gamestopping. Up until you panic and lose your agents, but that's just par for the course in this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Firing up a new game of Invisible Inc - haven't played it in months, so I've been reading this LP to give me a refresher on how to play. I'm trying to wean myself off of Internationale, too, since I've used her in essentially every game.

So I also figure this is a good place to ask: does anyone know if achievements still unlock if you use custom difficulty? i.e. set difficulty to expert, then to custom to change the rewinds, then play through - will it unlock anything?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Fedule posted:

For achievements requiring you to be on some specific difficulty (like completing the game on Expert or something), you can change the number of rewinds without causing the difficulty to become Custom (Only the Ironman achievement cares about rewinds). For achievements that don't name a specific difficulty, you can use Custom and set whatever you want.

Perfect. I was afraid they'd patched that out or something, and I don't relish the thought of finishing the final story missions with limited rewinds.

I'm trying Prism and Sharp for this run as I've never played either of them before and I quite like Prism as my Internationale-replacement, but I haven't yet got enough augments to let Sharp shine. And naturally my first agent rescue is Shalem, who I've rescued so many times despite not liking him. :sigh:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Keldulas posted:

Personally I don't really like Sharp because by the time you really have enough augments to really see his boosts, the challenging part of the game is largely over. I tried using him in my Endless Plus file, and Nika (who i rescued randomly) ended up taking the show. The augment to ignore heart monitors only works on kills, so it took actually more work for Sharp to be able to remove someone without raising the alarm... and he could only remove one without raising the alarms. Whereas I have had Nika just outright shoot like 4 things in a round to unshit a situation in a hurry.

Sharp wound up like Salem in the run I did - third mission, was trying to get a vault key, and I forgot that getting a vault key involves sitting on a dude forever while the alarm rises, so I took my time cleaning out safes elsewhere - and when it was time to bug out, the alarm was at level 6, there were guards everywhere, and the layout I got had a decently lengthy skinny hallway with minimal cover between me and the exit.

Which is to say, no amount of rewinds helped me out as I got cornered and then everyone was down.

Oh well, for a first run on expert mode after not playing the game for months, I had fun and I'll try a new combo tomorrow. It's amazing how different the game gets when you aren't rolling Internationale/Xu all of the time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Keldulas posted:

Christ yeah, Xu. He's basically my favourite for how obscene his little zap is.

I've been thinking of starting another run but I sort of want to try something different. Would anyone have any suggestions?

My favourites are Dr Xu, Archive Banks, Draco, Gladstone roughly in order to avoid retreading old ground with the same characters.

Prism + Nika won me a run in experienced - Nika would clean up guards if I made mistakes, Prism handled the influx of power brilliantly. Don't use seed/parasite, it doesn't work well - I brute-forced it, but yikes. I got lucky and got Banks as my third, and together that trio sailed me right through the final mission. :woop:

So try them! Or hit the randomize button, swap out anyone in your list if they come up, and experiment?

• Locked thread