Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
League Page

Draft Order

1. farting is such sweet sorrow - bigfoot again
2. Johnny Football Rehab - jabro
3. Love In An Elevator - Sataere
4. Old Men Having Sex - Nawid
5. THE MOST GLORIOUS TEAM IN EXISTENCE - Azhais
6. lovely Diaper Squad - Anderron Shi
7. Crabcakes & Football - Beer4TheBeerGod
8. Team PUP List - isnt that right
9. Newtonian Fluids - Alucard
10. FergSquad - frgrbrgr
11. $$ Disposable Income $$ - OhSnapGangsta
12. :3 - Papes

Commissioners
Beer4TheBeerGod for League Management, Finances
Alucard, Nawid, bigfoot again for Trade Approval, In-Season Decisions

The Draft
Rookie/free agent draft will be held each summer. All players not kept on a roster, and all rookies entering the league will be eligible for the draft. There will be 8 rounds, and future picks may be traded at any time, up to 2 seasons in advance. Each player has 8 hours You can make a draft list (for your own reference), and can also make pre-selections on your draft page (under FOR OWNERS on the top bar). Note that if you make a pre-selection it will automatically pick that player when your turn comes up (and you can rank them in order of preference if you're setting it in advance). I urge you to do this, especially if you expect to be away for more than 8 hours. If you time out, the top player on your draft list will be selected for you. If you have no draft list, then other people can jump your pick. All free agents and rookies are available in this draft. You may keep picking until you have 24 players rostered. Your picks after that will be skipped. Then we will move to waivers which will continue through the offseason and beyond. Happy drafting!

The Rules
24 man roster limit. 16 players may be kept from year to year with no limit on number of years a player may be kept. Each team has two injured reserve slots that do not count toward the roster limit. These can only be used for players who are on actual injured reserve. Players on IR may be kept among (but not in addition to) the 16 players retained for the next year.

Starting Lineup: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST
Starting lineups may be changed up until the scheduled start of an individual player's game. So after the early game you can still swap players in and out as long as they weren't involved in that game.

Scoring is a fairly typical 0.5 PPR set, actual values can be found here.

Waivers & Trades
All players are locked when their game kicks off. Waiver requests are allowed from that time until waivers are processed on Wednesday at 8.30pm EST. When you select a player off waivers, you jump to the back of the waiver queue. Between waiver processing and game kickoffs, players are available first come first serve. If a player is dropped from a roster he is locked and will pass through the waiver system. No trades between the start of week 12 and end of week 16 of regular season.

Championship
Three division winners and top scorer of the remaining teams qualify for playoffs. Playoffs are seeded by score and take place in week 15 and 16. Teams finishing 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 will play off in week 16 for draft picks 7/8, 5/6, 3/4, 1/2, with the winner getting the higher pick. Semi-final losers will playoff for picks 9&10 in the same way Superbowl winner picks last, however.

The prize pool is $240. Superbowl Bluntmaster Classic winner takes $120. Highest point scorer for the season (Weeks 1-16) wins $60 (if top scorer wins the Bluntmaster Classic he wins $180). Superbowl Bluntmaster Classic Runner up wins $60. Payouts to be made before kickoff week 17. If Bluntmaster classic is tied I guess the teams get 45 bucks each. Note that the points prize goes to the top scorer over weeks 1-16. If you do not qualify for the playoffs, you are still eligible for the points prize, and should set lineups for playoff weeks if you want a chance to win.

Bylaws
No tanking games. If the commissioners agree a player has deliberately lost a game (ie by starting players on a bye) they may remove a draft pick from the offender at their discretion. Commissioners must announce that they are considering a case before coming to a decision. A decision to dock draft picks may be overturned by majority vote of league members. This rule should not be invoked for 'weird' or questionable starting decisions, only for players who are blatantly not playing that week when a valid starter is available on that team's roster. However, if a team is unable, to fill a starting spot because all their players for that position are injured or on bye that week, that team is not required to pick up a replacement starter, and may start a player who is injured/on bye. That is, you can manage your roster how you like, but you have to make reasonable effort to start the best players on your roster. Nobody has the right to tell you who those best players are.

Any complaints, problems or anything else may be raised in thread or privately with the commissioner(s). Trades can be vetoed only in case of likely collusion and only if all three commissioners agree. In a dynasty league, the element of time means this will rarely happen, as there's always a chance some unknown rookie will turn out to be a goldmine. If a play suspects collusion of a trade involving a commissioner, they may call a league vote. The trade will be overturned if a majority of players not involved in the trade agree. Once league rules are agreed the commishes may not change them without consultation and agreement from the rest of the league. No changes to scoring rules etc to be made during season. Any dispute not anticipated will be adjudicated by the three commissioners by consensus if possible, by majority vote if not. Any dispute not anticipated and involving one or more commissioners will be adjudicated first by remaining commissioners if possible, and by league vote if not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I have a good feeling Ryan Mathews will lead me to a repeat this year.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Josh Gordon anti-hype train choo choooooo

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Can you send us the new league password?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Can you send us the new league password?

If you haven't used MFL since last year they changed poo poo up in the offseason. You need to make an account then tie your teams to it. After that you should just be able to log in and see your team, like I own my team as soon as I go to the 2016 home.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Trade block:

Matt Ryan
Dalton
Fitzmagic

John Brown
Jeff Janis

Charles Clay

All draft picks

I'd be willing to part with players not listed, feel free to make offers.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
New thread smell

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
So can I put Breshad Perriman on IR before the draft?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nawid posted:

So can I put Breshad Perriman on IR before the draft?

I think the rule is that he has to officially be on IR before he can go on IR in our league. That said I'm willing to put it up for a vote because that loving sucks.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think the rule is that he has to officially be on IR before he can go on IR in our league. That said I'm willing to put it up for a vote because that loving sucks.

I say we vote. That sucks.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frgrbrgr posted:

I say we vote. That sucks.

I vote sure, why not.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Proposed Rule: Players who suffer from season ending injuries before the draft may be placed on IR regardless of their official NFL status. This shall be done at the discretion of the commissioner.

I vote yes.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Yes

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

yeah

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I vote yes.

Rule addendum: Playing for the Titans is not considered a season ending injury. :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just a reminder that the fee is $25. You can PM me for my PayPal address or send me an Amazon giftcard.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just a reminder that the fee is $25. You can PM me for my PayPal address or send me an Amazon giftcard.

I vote yes, and sent you a GC

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I vote yes and stuff.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sure why not - also I'll paypal tomorrow.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

:yeah:

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Payment sent

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just paypalled you $15 to account for the $10 you owe me for SAS Dynasty.

Also - anyone here not already in SAS dynasty who wants another league hop over to the new thread there!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780388

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Currently I have the following as having paid:

Anderron Shi
isnt that right
OhSnapGangsta
Alucard

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Currently I have the following as having paid:

Anderron Shi
isnt that right
OhSnapGangsta
Alucard

I sent you an amazon card on June 12

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

I sent you an amazon card on June 12

Found it!

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I just done a paypal

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I will pay when my next paycheck arrives, never freelance.

Also when is the draft start date. Gordon's reinstatement date (possible) is Aug 1... so a big deal to me whether the draft is before or after it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
When did we do it last year? June? August?

I propose we make the start of the draft when the first preseason game starts.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I propose we make the start of the draft when the first preseason game starts.

HoF game is Aug. 7. I'm down.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

If I ever make it home for more than 30 minutes, I will pay you. I got a 25 dollar amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Proposal: Draft starts with the HoF game. Cuts are due two weeks before that.

Also I would be down for trading picks or players. Nobody is off the table.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm fine with that timeline

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Cool w me

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm good with that.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Yep

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Brb country falling apart

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bigfoot again posted:

Brb country falling apart

Please pay your dues before your moon money becomes even more worthless.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paid my dues.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please pay your dues before your moon money becomes even more worthless.

Thought I sent a paypal let me check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

So are we drafting morning of Aug 7th or kick off time?

• Locked thread