Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I don't really see the appeal to a converted qb who is the 5th wr on their team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Maybe he's a big fan of the Drew Carey show

Oh I thought you were taking about Pryor - too many converted qbs

Alucard fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 14, 2016

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

Julian Edelman

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Nawid posted:

Julian Edelman

Edelman took 5 years to be fantasy relevant. Maybe Miller can pay off quicker but I couldn't be that patient.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

Basically my thought process. He went where he should have went

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Was on travel today, missed my pick - gonna grab Vance McDonald (had a farm)

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat, I wanted Shaun Draughn.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Nawid posted:

drat, I wanted Shaun Draughn.

I had him auto selected 1 pick later :/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

And I had him auto selected a few picks later.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think Shaun Draughn is worthless and had the true star of that offense in my queue. :v:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sataere posted:

I think Shaun Draughn is worthless and had the true star of that offense in my queue. :v:

The rugby guy retired.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know if Boldin will ever start for me but I kinda had to take him there. He might still put up a 1k yard season.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
My draft review:
Round 1: Cory Coleman. Had to choose between him and Doctson and I feel like Coleman was the consensus best WR (first picked) in the draft plus he starts immediately.

Round 2: Will Fuller. Supposedly just a speedster but also the second overall WR taken in the draft so obvious pick. ODB was just supposedly a #2 guy, after all.

Round 3: Henry Hunter. I didn't want to take a TE here, but he's primed to take over for Gates and Rivers is a great QB.

Round 4: Josh Ferguson. He seems like a talented UDFA in a great situation. I needed a RB so it's a reach, but if there's even the slightest chance that this is a Arian Foster situation, I gotta take it.

Round 5: Vikings DEF. Needed a defense, would've taken the Raiders but I like Zimmer better than Del Rio as a coach.

Round 6: Tim Hightower. Handcuffing Mark Ingram.

Round 7: Alex Collins. Seattles's RB situation is not concrete so I'll gamble on a player who can get some of the pie.

Round 8: Anquan Boldin. I'm still stacked at WR but a potential WR3 in the 8th round is worth taking just so someone else can't have him.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
My draft review (with pictures as appropriate):
Round 1: Kenneth Dixon - Basically I figured I'd give a rookie RB a shot.
Round 2: Paul Perkins - Double down on rookie RBs.

Round 3: Mike Wallace - You have to give credit to the guy's dedication - he died 4 years ago but he cares enough about the game to keep coming back

Round 4: Braxton Miller - Honestly I had like 5 minutes to just make a pick and clearly I wasn't thinking. Who knows, maybe the Brock Osweiler experience (Houston Edition) will star this stud QB-turned-WR.
Round 6: Vance McDonald - Thanks for nothing, Ladarius Green! Old man Witten and potentially-dead Ladarius Green forced my hand and I figured I'd take a flyer on this farm-haver. Plus, he might pair nicely with my pick for...
Round 6: Blaine Gabbert - I realized that I needed a week 9 QB, and Gabbert's Wonderlic score is like 42 - the only active QB with a better score is Ryan Fitzpatrick and he is a stud. Plus, I still vehemently believe that the question posed on this Sports Illustrated cover is not yet resolved fully.

Round 7: Buffalo Bills DEF - just needed an extra defense
Round 8: Jace Amaro He's been learning how to catch balls, so maybe he'll be better this year?

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 18, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My review:

Round 1: Derrick Henry, TEN RB - I had a really tough choice between him and Michael Thomas, and I probably hosed it up, but I'm a firm believer in drafting on upside and everything I've read says that Henry is an absolute beast of a man who would probably have been over Elliott had he ended in a better place. I still kick myself a little every time I hear about how awesome Thomas is doing but gently caress it.

Round 2: Nelson Agholar, PHI WR - I don't know why he was available, but last year he was a first round pick and we still don't know what he's capable of due to injury. Now Philly appears by all accounts to be a dumpster fire so this might very well be a terrible mistake, but it's hard to ignore the opportunity.

Round 3: Wendell Smallwood, PHI RB - This might very well be a wasted draft pick, and I swear I don't have an obsession with lovely teams, but we're looking at the potential starter behind a very injury prone player.

Round 4: Pharoh Cooper, RAM WR - JESUS WHAT THE gently caress IS IT WITH ME AND lovely TEAMS? I honestly don't know, especially since this WR class is super weak, but Cooper as listed as a third round player so I got some value here. Assuming he doesn't suck.

Round 5: Terrance Williams, DAL WR - He's a clear-cut WR2 but I like the depth here. His upside is limited by his lack of touchdowns, but as a bye week fill-in or a player who might finally get it going he's worth having.

Round 6: Jesse James, PIT TE - He's 6'7" and the possible starter if the poo poo with Ladarius Green goes down. What's not to like? Probably should have drafted Flacco or Prescott, but gently caress it.

Round 7: Jacksonville Jaguars, DEF - gently caress it I need a defense and these guys are ranked somewhat high.

Round 8: Mike Gillislee, BUF RB - He's the backup RB behind LeSean McCoy on a run-heavy offense. gently caress yeah I'll take him in the last round.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Me:

1: Chris Ivory. Not really sure why he was releasee and not sure why he wasn't drafted sooner. Was paid a boatload by the jags to be their main back. Was a rb1 last year with Powell siphoning work and Powell is probably better than Yeldon.

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick. I never wanted to cut him in the first place but I had to. Without an elite qb I need a platoon of 3 guys give me qb1 production this year.

3. Will Tye. I needed TE depth and he is way better than Donnell. Somebody in that offense has to catch tds other than obj.

4. Bruce Ellington. The 49ers stink and will be forced to pass a lot, plus kelly will add ~200 snaps to that offense.

5. Rishard Higgins. Finally a rookie! I don't see Gordon sticking with the team long term which will let Higgins be the wr2. I really liked him as a prospect and the Browns got a steal.

6. Cameron Brate. Needed TE depth and apparently the bucs hate asj for whatever reason.

7. Tyler Ervin. Is a Lamar Miller injury away from having a chance to be a feature back in a high pace offense that throws to the rb a lot.

8. ???????

Would have liked to be able to take some chances on some rookies but I had to shore up QB and TE instead.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
1. Tyler Boyd: Should be lining up as WR2/3 soon enough, and some serious upside with Eifert and Lafail injured.

2. Malcolm Mitchell: Hoping against the odds that the Pats finally draft a good WR. Might get there if he stop destroying his elbow.

3. Tyler Higbee: Rookie tight ends never do well, but this one might so I'm okay with it. Plus I need a solid second TE long-term.

4. Kenny Britt: For when all my starting WRs get injured and I'm desperate.

5. NEP Defense: Counting on the offense to have the ball a lot and run the clock down.

6. Tyrell Williams: Could emerge into a starter. Kinda starting to lose track of things.

7. Mark Sanchez: Oh god my son has four molars coming in at the same time and a cold and sleep is precious

8. Who cares: precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
My draft broken down:

My sexuality was turned into a meme by idiots.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My review:
Round 8: Mike Gillislee, BUF RB - He's the backup RB behind LeSean McCoy on a run-heavy offense. gently caress yeah I'll take him in the last round.
For four games. But yeah, I think I meant to draft him and forgot.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

You guys need to work on your draft speed :smug:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I at least have an excuse - I was on vacation in another country while the draft was taking place.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alucard posted:

I at least have an excuse - I was on vacation in another country while the draft was taking place.

You were in a timezone ahead of us so you should have had your picks in hours before us.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nawid posted:

For four games. But yeah, I think I meant to draft him and forgot.

There's no guarantee that Williams will be the guy when he gets back, especially given his weight.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There's no guarantee that Williams will be the guy when he gets back, especially given his weight.

dadbod

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat Cory Coleman better be great because Derrick Henry looks like someone I should've made the first relevant RB drafted in Old Man Having Sex history.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Should we be in first-come first-served mode from now until week 1? I made a Butt-fumble level mistake

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'd be up for that - I have one guy I want to drop like everyone else's baby.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I drafted a poo poo ton of running backs maybe one will be good

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

That is my draft strategy review

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I also drafted all of your mothers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah. Let's say FCFS Saturday at noon EST?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah. Let's say FCFS Saturday at noon EST?

Anyone?

Going to push it to noon Sunday so people are aware.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Either is fine with me

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
The sooner the better.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bigfoot again posted:

I also drafted all of your mothers

Funny - I only had to draft your mother to get the same effect (because she is so large and draft has an alternate definition)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm looking at the start of season calendar, and I would suggest that we have at least one waiver wire event before the FCFS free agent unlock at 9PM on September 7th.

I would hate to see one person poach all of the decent post-preseason free agents just because they happened to be on their computer at the moment that the unlock happened.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Alucard posted:

I'm looking at the start of season calendar, and I would suggest that we have at least one waiver wire event before the FCFS free agent unlock at 9PM on September 7th.

I would hate to see one person poach all of the decent post-preseason free agents just because they happened to be on their computer at the moment that the unlock happened.

This is a fair point. Do a waiver run from now ending Thursday morning maybe, then fcfs afterwards

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

This is a fair point. Do a waiver run from now ending Thursday morning maybe, then fcfs afterwards

The league schedule has FCFS waivers starting 9/7, so I added a waiver request period that will end then. If folks want me to move it to this week instead that's fine too.

Also LOL Tony Romo.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 27, 2016

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Works for me - thanks!

Mr glass strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Ugh forgot to use the waivers free for all yesterday. At least Kelvin Benjamin is still a great pick.

• Locked thread