Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Jesus Christ papes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

Jesus Christ papes

Yeah, I'm going to have make the playoffs through point scoring. :(

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Nawid posted:

Yeah, I'm going to have make the playoffs through point scoring. :(

My team will fall off as the season goes on, injuries have destroyed my depth

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I still need a running back, will work for carries

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Alucard posted:

I still need a running back, will work for carries

May I interest you in a Matt jones

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I need to cut my losses and make this my last season in the league. I am 0-4 and don't think I'll ever have a single realized return on investment lol.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

I need to cut my losses and make this my last season in the league. I am 0-4 and don't think I'll ever have a single realized return on investment lol.

That is quitter talk! I am still churning over my roster in the hopes it will one day be not bad. Good news is, I got quarterbacks for sale! Bad news, my rbs are CAP and Fozzy.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sataere posted:

That is quitter talk! I am still churning over my roster in the hopes it will one day be not bad. Good news is, I got quarterbacks for sale! Bad news, my rbs are CAP and Fozzy.

All it takes is to hit on 1 draft pick a la David Johnson and your rb woes are fixed

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Papes posted:

May I interest you in a Matt jones

I've got Mike Tolbert as my RB2 right now, I'd even be interested in a Jerrick McKinnon. Throw an offer my way.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Also check your trades, I sent something.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

All it takes is to hit on 1 draft pick a la David Johnson and your rb woes are fixed

My problem is I made that dumb trade a couple years back for Christine Michael, so last year is the first year I had a first round pick. The worst part is I don't even have Michael on my roster anymore!

Rebuilding is tedious, because I still want to win now. But if I need to ride the three headed monster of Forsett, CAP and Fozzy, I do not see a championship in my future this year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Alucard posted:

Also check your trades, I sent something.

I'll think about it, let me watch the game tonight. I'm a big McKinnon truther so I think he could blow up tonight.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Papes posted:

I'll think about it, let me watch the game tonight. I'm a big McKinnon truther so I think he could blow up tonight.

Jet fuel can't melt steel meniscuses.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Sataere posted:

No I won't really quit. I'm a lifer.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So if anyone wants Brees, let me know. He is available.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

only need obj to put up 120 points tonight boys

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is primetime Vikings, it could happen

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, I've never had a RB1 in any year I've been in the league and I've done okay through active free agent hunting. Also WRs have been available all over the draft. I have way too many of them. We also had a TE glut this year which led to Rudolph on free agency too long. I suppose it could be a little difficult to get a good QB but I mean Wentz was available in the third and he was the second overall pick.

The keep 16, drop 8 draft system also really benefits poor teams. Other than the Peyton Manning trade making Beer unstoppable for two years, it's been pretty balanced. Trade older talent for picks and younger talent and make the best sixteen players to keep for next year.

It's also easier to make mutually beneficial trades in dynasty. For example I traded Alshon Jeffery and a good pick for Giovani Bernard. Now long term, that was a terrible trade if you look at in a vacuum, but Bernard got me a cash prize that year and I'm ridiculously stacked at WR anyway.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

wait wtf I just checked your roster, you have arguably the best RB, QB, and WR in all of dynasty football, why did i even bother with that post above

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Nawid posted:

wait wtf I just checked your roster, you have arguably the best RB, QB, and WR in all of dynasty football, why did i even bother with that post above

I literally get hosed weekly

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So this is probably a dumb question. Is there anyway to look at past draft results?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look at the previous years of the league (in my leagues)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Thanks. I am now confident that none of us knows what the gently caress we are doing.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

My only draft regret was forgetting that college fantasy superstar diggs was draft eligible and letting him slip to the 6th

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My only draft regret I'd trading away a first and second rounder for Jordan Cameron and Chistine Michael. I basically have away DeVante Parker and Marcus Mariota for them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see someone is still a believer in Josh "permanently banned" Gordon

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Azhais posted:

I see someone is still a believer in Josh "permanently banned" Gordon

I feel like I need an AA chip. 1 week in. My name is Ferg.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

hell, i've got beast mode on my roster.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Am I a believer? Not really. Is my roster so devoid of talent, I am grabbing him to see if maybe he can turn things around? You bet.

I know what your thinking. But won't he eat into Zack Zenner's playing time? It is a risk I'm willing to take.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

God I love David Johnson

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard, set your lineup. You are already a man down.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Barring defenses, I have 6 people on my team playing this week that don't have an injury tag.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Barring defenses, I have 6 people on my team playing this week that don't have an injury tag.

All vets who rest on Wednesdays are now listed as questionable I think.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, getting rid of the probable designation was dumb. Pretty soon everyone will be listed as doubtful because if there is even the slightest doubt....

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Sataere posted:

Alucard, set your lineup. You are already a man down.

Ugh gently caress everything about Thursday night football. I had approximately 2 hours of personal time between Monday night football and today. Anyone oppressed to me having Brady subbed in instead of my default TNF scratch QB (who anyone in their right mind would not have started?)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

Ugh gently caress everything about Thursday night football. I had approximately 2 hours of personal time between Monday night football and today. Anyone oppressed to me having Brady subbed in instead of my default TNF scratch QB (who anyone in their right mind would not have started?)

I don't mind and I am your opponent, but I will defer to everyone else.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Sataere posted:

I don't mind and I am your opponent, but I will defer to everyone else.

I'm ok with it but we should make some rule about it maybe? Like the opponent has final say or something.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm okay with whatever outcome people choose - I'd prefer it if the NFL did away with Thursday night football, personally.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, my thoughts are if we gave a little leeway on Thursday night games, it is not a big deal. We are all adults and sometimes poo poo happens. A Sunday game is different. At that point, it is on you. The only caveat would be you can't put someone in who has already played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I support allowing TNF substitutions for obvious swaps.

• Locked thread