Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Countblanc posted:

NDA was just lifted for the final day.

hellllllll yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
48D43-G4LYY-ZX0VE
DPEPR-6YAJW-E5ZHI
3I9BD-IGR2E-G7HZE
G2HLK-6E6NW-VMX2W

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

quote:

Oh poo poo let's send out as many keys as we can at the last possible moment!

That's loving stupid

HWZHP-YD7XL-567KL
V6BYJ-E4V8D-V3NNV
EIC5L-9LFHJ-WCC58
YQ2EG-G7I23-7RPZC

FUKKEN
Dec 27, 2007
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
Eagerly awaiting possible Thorn, Glutton, Harbinger and Seeker.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Couple Dota casters poking around at https://www.twitch.tv/odpixel with a developer in stream. Talked for a while about a VR spectator camera they have a couple minutes ago.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Det_no posted:

That's loving stupid

HWZHP-YD7XL-567KL
V6BYJ-E4V8D-V3NNV
EIC5L-9LFHJ-WCC58
YQ2EG-G7I23-7RPZC

Took YQ2EG-G7I23-7RPZC, thanks fam

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Tried 3v3 today with some friends. It was a chaotic mess. I like 2v2 way more.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/504370

Be sure to join this for free crates and "other things" after launch.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Good god I loved BLC so much; I got a key for all the thousands of games of BLC that I played so I'll be jumping into this tonight. How similar is it to BLC?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Heavy neutrino posted:

Good god I loved BLC so much; I got a key for all the thousands of games of BLC that I played so I'll be jumping into this tonight. How similar is it to BLC?

It's straight-up BLC before they added the dumb league of legend-esque progression stuff. Lot of returning characters/moves too.

Biggest differences are probably aiming heals is more forgiving and the battlerite system thing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Heavy neutrino posted:

It's very similar, but there's a few big general changes:

- Slower movement speed. Recently buffed by like 10% across the board but still slower than BLC.
- One new character (Pearl, a healer) plus a bunch which are almost direct ports or are heavily inspired by BLC charas.
- No medallions or whatever the other things were called, instead there are "Battlerites" (lol) which you choose one of out of three between each round of a match. Basically it lets you tailor your character to your opponent's comp between rounds. This has mixed popularity.
- The middle energy orb is no longer something you auto-pickup by walking onto it. Instead it's an object (which means it can be pushed/pulled) which has 50 HP, and getting the final blow on it grants energy for your whole team.
- In addition to the above energy orb, minor healing/energy orbs appear around the center of the stage. They're relatively small amounts but it does provide some healing for healing-light comps and more incentive to control mid.
- Probably some other stuff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh and healing now works on charges for the vast majority of healers (everyone but pomp I think). You get 3 charges at the start of the round and it takes like 5 seconds for a charge to replenish, so you can't spam heals.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Seems like my favorite bloodlines (Storm Caller, Grimrog) aren't in (yet?), but Iggy's always been a literal blast to play. Is this going to be on a similar F2P model to BLC's?

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
The Battlerites system is an A+ change. And actually there's one really positive aspect of it we haven't even seen yet, which is that casters will have something to talk about in the dead time between rounds. There are a few cases of mandatory/terrible BR's but enough of them are good that I have faith they'll figure the rest out.

Balance-wise, it feels anecdotally (and I'm G11 so grain of salt and all) like the main issue is that the ults are just a little bit too imbalanced relative to each other. While I like how energy is more of a strategic resource with the small and large orbs and the revenge energy, it means that different power ults can realllly have a huge impact. It feels like Sirius, Freya, Shifu have such strong ults that it warps the game a bit.

Still, it's a good sign that literally the only time I've felt oppressed and unable to do anything is against a Sirius/Freya comp when I just straight lose to ults. Otherwise every loss happens for a clear reason and you can understand it / work on it. Also the Odeum is loving incredible.

I think this is gonna be a winner unless Stunlock fucks up the monetization which is unfortunately something has a storied history of doing! But the game rules

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Freja is unstoppable and I love her

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

hito posted:

The Battlerites system is an A+ change. And actually there's one really positive aspect of it we haven't even seen yet, which is that casters will have something to talk about in the dead time between rounds. There are a few cases of mandatory/terrible BR's but enough of them are good that I have faith they'll figure the rest out.

Balance-wise, it feels anecdotally (and I'm G11 so grain of salt and all) like the main issue is that the ults are just a little bit too imbalanced relative to each other. While I like how energy is more of a strategic resource with the small and large orbs and the revenge energy, it means that different power ults can realllly have a huge impact. It feels like Sirius, Freya, Shifu have such strong ults that it warps the game a bit.

Still, it's a good sign that literally the only time I've felt oppressed and unable to do anything is against a Sirius/Freya comp when I just straight lose to ults. Otherwise every loss happens for a clear reason and you can understand it / work on it. Also the Odeum is loving incredible.

I think this is gonna be a winner unless Stunlock fucks up the monetization which is unfortunately something has a storied history of doing! But the game rules

Sirius and Shifu ults can be canceled by a single stun, incap, fear or silence and it sucks when that happens to me :v:

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Beta extended for another day.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
This game is really fun! Just the beta yet, but I like it quite a bit.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

This game is good and people should play it. Finally a competitive game that doesn't take 30 minutes a match.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

milkman dad posted:

This game is good and people should play it. Finally a competitive game that doesn't take 30 minutes a match.

i mean Battlerite is great, but fighting games have been doing competitive short rounds for longer than any other comp genre has existed

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i mean Battlerite is great, but fighting games have been doing competitive short rounds for longer than any other comp genre has existed

OK but fighters are completely different than mobas?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

milkman dad posted:

Battlerite isn't a dotalike

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
edit: i'm sorry I take it back let's not get into this old and extremely tedious argument about what genre of game battlerite is and what "moba" means to you

Instead let's talk about our favorite EX's. Mine's Lucie's deadly injection, but I'm not sure if it stacks with toxic or not? The UI doesn't make it clear. The big "TOXIC" countdown goes away when you use it, but I'm not sure if the debuff is removed or it's just hidden by DI.

Macavity fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 18, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

milkman dad posted:

sure but you didnt say that at all, and i mean battlerite is also completely different from mobas so

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Macavity posted:

edit: i'm sorry I take it back let's not get into this old and extremely tedious argument about what genre of game battlerite is and what "moba" means to you

Instead let's talk about our favorite EX's. Mine's Lucie's deadly injection, but I'm not sure if it stacks with toxic or not? The UI doesn't make it clear. The big "TOXIC" countdown goes away when you use it, but I'm not sure if the debuff is removed or it's just hidden by DI.

What about IVA's flamethrower? It's pretty cool.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Macavity posted:

I'm 99% sure they stack. It's nice because Lucie's M1 does a total of 24 damage if you let the dot run, and Injection is another 24 damage. 48 damage for landing 2 quick shots is pretty legit, especially when she has almost no other sources of damage outside of the little bit on Panic Flask.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Macavity posted:

I like poloma's EX space bar. it swaps you with whoever you hit and if it's a friend you both get healed, and if it's an enemy you steal health from them! :buddy:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

It's Psychopomp's old default space bar. Kinda wish it was still the default, alas

She definitely has some of the best EX and R abilities.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

milkman dad posted:

What about IVA's flamethrower? It's pretty cool.

Agreed. Way more useful than her ult.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Iva's ult feels very underwhelming even with an upgrade.

flamethrower is sweet tho. and rocket is so much fun with the 2 charges battlerite.

burger time fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 18, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Shifu seems like the best melee so far from what I've played, which isn't a ton of games. I'm so hyped for this game, I miss BLC

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
My favorite EX is probably Croak's Deceit, you get to go "Alright, you sit this one out for a sec while I go froghouse on your buddy". If we're counting R abilities as EXes then I vote for Varesh because I love the animation.

be nice
Sep 18, 2016

ok pls press 1 for summons
I really thought engi was poo poo when I first started playing her but now that I understand her strengths wew lad the healer train never stops, she is so sticky (sorry healers) and landing an EX incap into rocket to the face feels amazing, on a 9 win streak with her in 2s, I really hope this game gets the exposure it deserves, BLC didn't deserve to die

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
It's over! See you all on the Early Access.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grimwall posted:

It's over! See you all on the Early Access.

:hellyeah: but also fuuuck two days. I was just getting into Oldur and seeing all the aspects of Herald that I loved and now I gotta wait to play him some more. :(

I am hoping Seeker and Glutton are Sooner rather than Later. But, mostly, just port Guardian (and more tanks please, ty)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Minrad posted:

:hellyeah: but also fuuuck two days. I was just getting into Oldur and seeing all the aspects of Herald that I loved and now I gotta wait to play him some more. :(

I am hoping Seeker and Glutton are Sooner rather than Later. But, mostly, just port Guardian (and more tanks please, ty)

Guardian and Blood Priest please!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://gfycat.com/PointedSillyChick

Man, I gotta learn Varesh. Sad that I can't access replays since I had some plays I thought were pretty dope I'd love to gif. (using Oldur's catch on Jade's snipe, then using it to interrupt her ult :hellyeah: )

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 18, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Tried opening the replay files with the game executable through Open With... ? I think it worked even when the servers were down back in alpha.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Oh, cool. Any idea where they're saved?

e: found it, battleritealpha/battlerite/clientreplays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007