Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Is it a stretch to call it super pretty 2d dynasty warriors? Slaughter everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Boogalo posted:

Is it a stretch to call it super pretty 2d dynasty warriors? Slaughter everything.

It really is. I've been playing this and SW4 for about 2 weeks now. I use my brain enough at work, thanks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Baal posted:

It's named after the ending of the game

According to the wikipedia link, it would have been equally valid to name it after Gwendolyn, but they didn't. I think that was the question.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Clarste posted:

According to the wikipedia link, it would have been equally valid to name it after Gwendolyn, but they didn't. I think that was the question.

Odin Sphere: Lift doesn't sound mysterious and foreign enough I guess

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why did they name this rad game after the shittiest of dads and the lamest of 3D shapes

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
'Exotic' syndrome probably

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.

Looper posted:

why did they name this rad game after the shittiest of dads and the lamest of 3D shapes

The serious answer is Norse mythology and the level design being round in shape. But Japanese trying too hard with exotic sounding English is also a very good explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
This game owns and is pretty much an improvement over the original in every single way. The new inventory and alchemy system is very nice, along with Maury's. Definitely less time spent inventory juggling here than in the original, though I do spend a lot of time messing around with equipment and crafting anyway. I also like how the new lore is presented through text manuscripts; it's a nice touch. The best part is the new combat system hands-down, though.

I'm in the middle of Oswald's story right now - I liked his combat in the original so I knew I'd most likely like his in the remake, which I do! Berserker form is really fun. It ruins bosses and mini-bosses in no time flat with the damage up/received bangles and adversity ring. Unlike some other people in the thread I don't really have any problems controlling him :shrug: Probably because I do short movement inputs with the stick. Every character has been fun for me to play though surprisingly. Had bad memories of Mercedes and Gwendolyn in the original for example, but the new psypher skills and ability system basically compensate for everything. Plus Gwen's new attack patterns.

Maury's restaurant really does make the game so much easier though. I've only eaten at the Pooka village restaurants once or twice per character...

• Locked thread