Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also so this is all one play? How long is this fuckin play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kumo posted:

craig appears to be a redshirt

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Mange Mite posted:

Also so this is all one play? How long is this fuckin play

in two parts, so 5-7 hours? maybe, she learned hollywood's lesson's well

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

http://www.harrypottertheplay.com/#lg=1&slide=0

"please don't warn people how lovely this is until i've gotten as much money out of them as i can"

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I can't wait for the future installment where Albus holds his son and says "You were named after the bravest men I knew, Craig Severus Malfoy."

i hope this doesn't get revealed as fake spoilers or anything because i'm already all gussied up for the Blood Ball, look i've got my muggle-skin leather heels and everything

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

wizard historians have it so easy, all of their histories involve about a dozen of the same people over decades

'cept craig

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
ahahaha this like a direct-to-dvd movie plot

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Did Lifetime and Syfy collaborate on this or something jesus christ that's bad

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
The best harry potter fanfiction is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V4VxlsMuQ4

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Kumo posted:

Draco asks Harry to use his position as Head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic to shut down gossip that a Time-Turner was used to allow Voldemort to impregnate Astoria, Draco’s wife, who gave birth to Scorpius.

He asks for a statement to be released confirming the Time-Turners have all been destroyed, because his son has such a hard time being bullied about it.

A year later, Theodore Nott, one of Draco’s old Slytherin colleagues, is arrested and discovered to have in his possession an illegal Time-Turner—they do still exist.

Hermione, the Minister of Magic, tells Harry he needs to get on top of his paperwork as he hasn’t been tracking giants, werewolves, and trolls, who all seem to be on the move. Harry is still a great wizard but he just can’t bring himself to study the files.

[...]

Harry denies that he has a Time-Turner. Amos’s niece Delphie gets talking to Albus, as they both listen in from the stairs. Albus is intrigued by this older girl with silver and blue hair and she suggests he visits them at the nursing home where she cares for her uncle.

Hahaha. Draco getting cucked by Voldemort via time travel?

Harry having Hermione, his boss, yell at him for being poo poo at his job?

A mysterious new girl at school with silver and blue hair?

J. H. Christ, J.K. Rowling has lost her loving mind.

Edit: Apparently fans love it.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/harry-potter-play-gets-rave-reviews-from-fans-forget-the-films-w209571

https://twitter.com/jackmaple1/status/740300679013634048

https://twitter.com/Ginger_Pig/status/740295009396744192

https://twitter.com/fjmaxwell/status/740306940945944576

https://twitter.com/2cajuman2/status/740303852986064897

William Bear fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 11, 2016

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
harry potter was always a really stupid series where a gun would solve all the problems in like 10 minutes and it always had a really stupid fanbase that try to play magic flying broom rugby without magic flying brooms but just regular ones

so this being poo poo and people eating the poo poo willingly shouldn't be surprising

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Are you saying you built a time machine, just to go back in time to go on dates with the most famous women in Hollywood BEFORE they got famous?!"
"Yes! It's great, and when I get back to the present day, they remember me as 'that guy' who was really nice to them before they hit it big. It's pretty awesome. Wanna check out my autograph collection?"

time travelin' pupkin

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

darealkooky posted:

harry potter was always a really stupid series where a gun would solve all the problems in like 10 minutes

it's set in england

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

The Brown Menace posted:

it's set in england

you telling me wizards have spells to teleport anywhere, clean dishes and make a car fly but they can't get a gun?

they pay for everything in loving gold, black market weapon dealers would love them

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

William Bear posted:

Hahaha. Draco getting cucked by Voldemort via time travel?

Harry having Hermione, his boss, yell at him for being poo poo at his job?

A mysterious new girl at school with silver and blue hair?

J. H. Christ, J.K. Rowling has lost her loving mind.

Edit: Apparently fans love it.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/harry-potter-play-gets-rave-reviews-from-fans-forget-the-films-w209571

https://twitter.com/jackmaple1/status/740300679013634048

https://twitter.com/Ginger_Pig/status/740295009396744192

https://twitter.com/fjmaxwell/status/740306940945944576

https://twitter.com/2cajuman2/status/740303852986064897

Harry Potter fans are flipping their poo poo about this all over the Internet. And so what if the production is good and the acting is spectacular or whatever. It doesn't matter if 99.9% of fans won't be able to see the play so all they have to go on is the god awful abortion of a script.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Codependent Poster posted:

ALBUS

SCORPIUS

CRAIG

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

darealkooky posted:

you telling me wizards have spells to teleport anywhere, clean dishes and make a car fly but they can't get a gun?

they pay for everything in loving gold, black market weapon dealers would love them

voldemort appears with the death eaters wheeling up a ZSU-23-2 and ushers in a thousand years of dark magic

also I was totally going to guess Harry's son was gonna be gay but was surprised that wasn't the case (or was it??)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's bad because it's a total non-sequitur plot. Not because a magic wand can generate 350 megawatts but in scene 3 line 12 Harry does something that would clearly require 500 . Tactical realism is bad and overplanned magic systems are bad

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Dumbledore gay. So what

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I thought J.K. Rowling realized that the Time-Turner was a super bad mistake ages ago, but I guess not!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Killer Queen posted:

I thought J.K. Rowling realized that the Time-Turner was a super bad mistake ages ago, but I guess not!

It almost sounds like this is her way of getting rid of them once and for all by having them all get confiscated and destroyed.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Killer Queen posted:

Lol, no, messing with timelines means that an author doesn't have to generate a new villain, new characters, or (much of a) new plot. This poo poo is fanfiction with a hollywood budget.

The HP series was entertaining. Not in a homemade bbq sauce kinda way, but in an HP Sauce over a dece cut of meat kinda way

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Someone summarize the OP please

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

quote:

He asks for a statement to be released confirming the Time-Turners have all been destroyed, because his son has such a hard time being bullied about it.

A year later, Theodore Nott, one of Draco’s old Slytherin colleagues, is arrested and discovered to have in his possession an illegal Time-Turner—they do still exist.

Hermione, the Minister of Magic, tells Harry he needs to get on top of his paperwork as he hasn’t been tracking giants, werewolves, and trolls, who all seem to be on the move. Harry is still a great wizard but he just can’t bring himself to study the files.

Hey, Hermoine, you know what? You know about how much any of us should give a drat about werewolves and trolls right now? On a 1-10 scale of giving a drat, about a 5, maybe 6. That, versus time machines that could literally uncreate every single person currently alive or that will ever be.

The only thing I can think of is that you've got some sort of insane level of racist hate against werewolves, trolls and giants to make THAT the priority of this Ministry.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

very similar to the deep space nine subplot where they all have doubles in an alternate reality

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Kumo posted:

very similar to the deep space nine subplot where they all have doubles in an alternate reality

That subplot sucked too.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Sheep-Goats posted:

TIME TRAVEL HIJINX!!!!

feat. kids named albus and scorpius and !!voldemort's illegitimate daughter!!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
You can accurately assess brain damage and psychic trauma of a woman by measuring the amount of time they've spent rereading the harry potter books.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
i knew somebody who loved harry potter more than anybody, her name, was the abc family channel

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If this is real it's the greatest thing ever cause holy poo poo is it a complete mess that makes no sense. Also I can't imagine this being any more coherent as a play.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

Craig dies.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Kumo posted:

Head of Magical Law Enforcement

:aslol: thats cool dude!

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Munsun posted:

i think they had to create a job for him, something important and cushy, but without any real power

he's their seal team six

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Kumo posted:

Draco asks Harry to use his position as Head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic to shut down gossip that a Time-Turner was used to allow Voldemort to impregnate Astoria, Draco’s wife, who gave birth to Scorpius.

So, is the rumor that Voldemort went into the future, to a point after his death, specifically to get Astoria pregnant, or that Astoria went back in time because she'd rather have a fling with Voldy than Draco?

Don't wizards believe in muggle DNA testing? Or casting a "Paternicus Illuminatos"!

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Munsun posted:

gently caress the magic police

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Potter, please do something. For old times' sake. People think my Scorpius is evil. He's a darling boy, he wouldn't hurt a fly, I don't know how these rumors ever got started.

At this rate I'm worried about his sister, Viperia Malfoy, and his little brother Darklord Badperson Malfoy

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

darealkooky posted:

harry potter was always a really stupid series where a gun would solve all the problems in like 10 minutes and it always had a really stupid fanbase that try to play magic flying broom rugby without magic flying brooms but just regular ones

so this being poo poo and people eating the poo poo willingly shouldn't be surprising

You want guns and wizards who aren't retards you can read Fate/Stay Night you anime loving freak.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Next they'll be harassing poor Darth Icky and Darth Insanius :ohdear:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I just realized this is Harry Potter and the Warlords of Draenor. LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Seizure Robot posted:

it looks like someone took that cute chick from GoT or maybe true blood idk which (all redheads look the same lol racist) and put her head in a vice and squished it until it was square. would, but wouldn't brag about it to my friends.

In GBS, it is cooler not to gently caress, then it is to gently caress.

• Locked thread