Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I love how easy it is for children to sneak into the Ministry of Magic and steal stuff.

Like how incompetent can you be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
It's Cedric, not Craig.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

It's Cedric, not Craig.

quote:

Dephie says Albus must be the one to interfere in time because the prophecy says an unseen child will act. Albus refuses but she threatens to kill Scorpius, his only friend. Craig, another student from Hogwarts, rushes up to say the whole school is looking for them. Delphie kills him instantly.

gently caress you, don't try to wash away Craig's death.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Craig
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951259/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Parts of it seem ok, but it falls hard into the time travel bullshit. giving Voldemort a bastard daughter is loving retarded.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Thank god it's Craig and not Neville. I don't want to live in a world where Neville is involved in this affair.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

Thank god it's Craig and not Neville. I don't want to live in a world where Neville is involved in this affair.

Kumo posted:

While the boys debate which spell to use, Delphie arrives. Albus has sent her an owl. He wants to apologize—they will no longer be able to go back to save Cedric. They explain they had created an alternative universe in which Cedric’s Triwizard humiliation turned him into an angry young man, who became a Death Eater and eventually killed Neville Longbottom, helping to usher in an era of the Dark Lord.

:smith:
...though perhaps death is still better than making an actual appearance in any of this.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
This is like a bad combination of 11/22/63 and Outlander in a HP universe. Only you know, wizards instead of commies and Jacobites.

When will people learn? Time travel and trying to change the past is a load of poo poo, that's why all of the time turners were supposed to be destroyed.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Why does Harry need the message on the blanket if he has the special time turner? He can just go back and take the fake one from the guy building them and put him in jail and none of this will have happened

lol that they just leave Craig dead though

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

You want guns and wizards who aren't retards you can read Fate/Stay Night you anime loving freak.

FSN is a thousand times worse than any Harry Potter book and I wouldn't wish it in anybody.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
craig sucked, I'm glad he's dead

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Why is it always the British Wizardry folks saving or destroying the world? Surely some Japanese wizards are gonna go, "What? Some prick named Voldamort is going crazy? You know, if we don't intervene and this blows up, it's going to affect us, too. Time to send in our top wizards and witches to combat him!"

*Cue an army of magical Japanese schoolgirls and magical teenage punks with attitude problems storming London.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
yeah but that might actually be worth watching

maybe not paying for but watching sure

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Lichy posted:

I really didn't like the last few grim dark Harry Potter movies and prefer the earlier ones by a huge margin hope this helps

i mean they were all bad, but come on, the first ones were insanely bad. maybe if you saw them when you were 9 years old

wait

thats possible for you isnt it

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Craig noo ;(

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
So do they ever confirm that the real reason everyone avoids muggles is because the wizarding world backed Hitler during WWII and most of the ruling class were former Nazi occultists? That was my favorite insane book theory.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
The American Magical Community ain't gonna sit by, either. A month or two into Voldy's reign, the UK would be attacked by the United States Magical Corps, his London safehouses would be raided US Spectral Forces and we'd have all the Death Eaters (and anyone else who looked funny) locked up in Wandanamo Bay.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

JediTalentAgent posted:

Why is it always the British Wizardry folks saving or destroying the world? Surely some Japanese wizards are gonna go, "What? Some prick named Voldamort is going crazy? You know, if we don't intervene and this blows up, it's going to affect us, too. Time to send in our top wizards and witches to combat him!"

*Cue an army of magical Japanese schoolgirls and magical teenage punks with attitude problems storming London.

cause it's their loving problem

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

I would enjoy Cardcaptor Sakura meets Harry Potter world. Just a little girl joyously murdering deathheads with the power of friendship and bravery :3:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
If Voldemort attacks the Japanese Sorcery Embassy in London, the streets will flow sparkly with moonbeams, stardust and blood.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
All Japanese wizardy would have sexual themes and uses.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Essentially, Japanese Harry Potter is Combustible Campus Guardress. Except if Harry's adoptive family wanted to have sex with him.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

Someone summarize the OP please

Hermione does not say "the n-word"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i'm very glad this exists :) today was a rough day and i needed a couple o' laughs and behold, malfoy askin the hp for help dispelling rumors that he was timecucked by voldemort and that's not even the funniest thing that happens :D man i fuckin love retarded dumb cool wizards and magick

i like that j k r-dawgz saw one of those cool hipster girls with silver hair and a sparrow tat and like, black leggings with grungy cobain holes in the knees and was like "ooh yeah that's voldy's secret kid, thats how she looks, yeah im fuckin gooooood, they're gonna fuckin love this poo poo"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

i like that j k r-dawgz saw one of those cool hipster girls with silver hair and a sparrow tat and like, black leggings with grungy cobain holes in the knees

Smells Like Teen Witch Spirit.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
incredible

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
harry potter 8: craig dies

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

Someone summarize the OP please

Ork of Fiction posted:

Hermione does not say "the n-word"

Hermione becomes a poorly disguised parody of Thatcher and Hillary Clinton. She never says it but she is clearly a neocon

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

The American Magical Community ain't gonna sit by, either. A month or two into Voldy's reign, the UK would be attacked by the United States Magical Corps, his London safehouses would be raided US Spectral Forces and we'd have all the Death Eaters (and anyone else who looked funny) locked up in Wandanamo Bay.

I wanna see a version where it's the Americans sending Magical Drones to kill Voldemort.

Or just real drones because apparently they don't have poo poo that can stop them from getting blown up by missiles.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Codependent Poster posted:

I wanna see a version where it's the Americans sending Magical Drones to kill Voldemort.

Or just real drones because apparently they don't have poo poo that can stop them from getting blown up by missiles.

All they need is one sniper. A rifle bullet travels faster than the speed of sound which means that by the time the wizard even hears the shot he will already be dead.

Also, apparently children in Afghanistan are now afraid of sunny days because it means invisible death from the sky can strike at any time

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
The US would develop a lot of slang to deal with the poo poo they'd do the wizards/witches, too.

Waterboarding will become 'melting", airstrikes would be become 'house dropping", people would talk about their 'ruby slipper' souvenirs they brought back from Witch War One.

Oh, and they'd use a tarot deck to identify the top Death Eaters instead of a deck of playing cards.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

All they need is one sniper. A rifle bullet travels faster than the speed of sound which means that by the time the wizard even hears the shot he will already be dead.

Also, apparently children in Afghanistan are now afraid of sunny days because it means invisible death from the sky can strike at any time

guns dont work in the magical world idiot!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm a gizard, a gay wizard

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

hemale in pain posted:

The books would have been a lot better if harry's dad had a gun.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
he could've shot his son

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

hemale in pain posted:

Lol why not it's a dead simple process to fire a bullet out a gun

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Another thing, I never understood why wizards insisted on living like it's the dark ages with candles and servants and cauldrons meanwhile humans enjoy electricity and central heat

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Another thing, I never understood why wizards insisted on living like it's the dark ages with candles and servants and cauldrons meanwhile humans enjoy electricity and central heat

oh that ones actually explained: magic fucks with electricity and machines that run on them. its retarded but thats what it says in the first book if i remember right (its been over ten years lol)

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

a7m2 posted:

oh that ones actually explained: magic fucks with electricity and machines that run on them. its retarded but thats what it says in the first book if i remember right (its been over ten years lol)

Also, they make a big deal about needing to shout out spell names, but then you've got so many wizards doing magical things with their wands without having to say a word.

• Locked thread