Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A detail I've noticed in replaying this is that every time they show a countdown on one of the bracelets, the digital root of the time remaining in minutes is always 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thanks to enterprising YouTube user Nice Meme for uploading a clip of my favorite acting in VLR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewvvdO3XdY

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/743450250065518592

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool how both 999 and VLR are people helplessly reliving the final moments of their lives in brutal game theory calculated murder but they constantly make really bad puns and sex jokes at every given opportunity

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the game over ending that implies everybody but Sigma makes it totally safe because they rip your robot arm off and use your bracelet to play the star room until everyone has 9 BP

Only got two timelines left but they're the big doozies at each end. One week to ZTD!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm really excited. I think I might try and get some of my friends who haven't played 999 or VLR to watch just to hear their reactions to the insane story that awaits us

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just found out somebody on this website has been doing a Let's Play of VLR for over 3 years now. He's doing a let's play of a game where all you do is read text, so basically, they've been just copying a novel into a series of forum posts for upwards of 1000 days.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

just found out somebody on this website has been doing a Let's Play of VLR for over 3 years now. He's doing a let's play of a game where all you do is read text, so basically, they've been just copying a novel into a series of forum posts for upwards of 1000 days.
There are people reading this because playing the game where you read it is too hard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Man slowly consuming handheld game over a five-year period: Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are people reading this because playing the game where you read it is too hard.

There are also people reading it that already read the game where you read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

6 days left btw. Last night I cleared every good/bad ending except for phi's. I have all the bomb codes and tonight I intend to marathon that last story which iirc is really long.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just realized that it's coming out right before a 4 day weekend for me. This is going to be one crazy 4th of july.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Evil Eagle posted:

Just realized that it's coming out right before a 4 day weekend for me. This is going to be one crazy 4th of july.

im getting all of my wisdom teeth removed that Friday and im gonna play ZTD while im super high on pain meds :catdrugs:

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 23, 2016

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
e: double post dammit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Reviews looking good ....... A lot of them are saying the puzzle rooms are possibly too hard though. Great news for this extremely intelligent gamer

Edit: and as I typed this destructoid gave it a 9.5. kotaku review isn't up yet but kotaku guy said on Twitter that it's his GOTY. Hype

goferchan fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 23, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Reviews looking good ....... A lot of them are saying the puzzle rooms are possibly too hard though. Great news for this extremely intelligent gamer

Edit: and as I typed this destructoid gave it a 9.5. kotaku review isn't up yet but kotaku guy said on Twitter that it's his GOTY. Hype

Seems like a lot of positive buzz and also a word of warning that the 3DS version kind of blows. One review mentions the framerate dropped in some sections to 2fps

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i do not need reviews except for hardcoregaming101 i gam e by intuition and a keen senses

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tokyo mirage sessions, star ocean 5, and zero time dillemma all within 4 days of each other is this the biggest 4 days in gaming history

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Seems like a lot of positive buzz and also a word of warning that the 3DS version kind of blows. One review mentions the framerate dropped in some sections to 2fps

Yeah and there's not even 3D on it..... Thankful for my Vita

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress the dice puzzle in the last room of the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Why does the 3ds version not have 3d. fuuuuuuk. 3d is the 5th or 6th best hting ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final twist in VLR is soooo ridiculous I love it. I mean the part specifically where sigma looks at a mirror finally

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

The final twist in VLR is soooo ridiculous I love it. I mean the part specifically where sigma looks at a mirror finally

it was cool because after 999 i was on the lookout for any twist foreshadowing in the use of the top screen and bottom screen. i wasnt expecting it to be in the HUD

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I have no idea what this thread is about.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

if anyone's got a pstv/vita VLR is $7.50 in the flash sale right now.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I have no idea what this thread is about.

qfb

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

drat.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i just bought a copy of 999

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i just bought a copy of 999

Get a calculator ready and dig in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Considering making an 8 hour drive to NYC to hit up one of the stores breaking street date

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Get a calculator ready and dig in

i got an ending

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone played Steins;Gate? I know it doesn't have the puzzle room stuff from Zero Escape (although according to reviews they're kinda downplayed in ZEro Time Dilemma anyway) and probably barely qualifies as a game but it's like $10 in the PSN flash sale right now and im pretty sure im gonna be in major withdrawals after burning through ZTD, and from what I've read maybe it will scratch the same crazy scifi time travel VN itch as the ZE games. Worth playing/reading? VLR is the only visual novel style game I've ever hosed with so I don't really have a frame of reference . Definitely a plus if there's a similarly complex series of branching paths but even if it doesn't go quite as deep I can deal as long as it's entertaining

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i got an ending

Which one?

Tomorrow's the big day folks

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Anyone played Steins;Gate? I know it doesn't have the puzzle room stuff from Zero Escape (although according to reviews they're kinda downplayed in ZEro Time Dilemma anyway) and probably barely qualifies as a game but it's like $10 in the PSN flash sale right now and im pretty sure im gonna be in major withdrawals after burning through ZTD, and from what I've read maybe it will scratch the same crazy scifi time travel VN itch as the ZE games. Worth playing/reading? VLR is the only visual novel style game I've ever hosed with so I don't really have a frame of reference . Definitely a plus if there's a similarly complex series of branching paths but even if it doesn't go quite as deep I can deal as long as it's entertaining

I've played it on vita. It isn't as good as zero escape, but it definitely has its moments. The branching paths aren't as complex, there are like five endings that you can get by just making a single choice in-game and one ending you can only get by doing some arcane dialogue tree bullshit that I looked up on gamefaqs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just found out the steam version doesnt come out until thursday ffffuuuuu

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Which one?

Tomorrow's the big day folks

I hooked lotus up to a electric chair and then found a sub

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Do people just look up a path chart after that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I just kept track of my choices becayuse theres only a few deciison points to get to the different paths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i did for the true good ending because i had got all of them but that one and the dialogue choices aren't really clear and i didn't want to hold fast forward thru the game again

• Locked thread