Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I've heard hotel dusk is sick.

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
i've hit a roadblock with the force quit boxes (late game spoilers): i cant get any of them open. I thought the number zero gives you in the "Q's robot head falls off" ending would open the Q box but it doesn't. I think I know what D's box is supposed to be (Phi's brooch and that thing Diana wears in her head?) but I don't know the name of the second thing. C box I have no clue.

is there a specific fragment i didn't pay enough attention to? i also haven't figured out who killed mira or gotten the fourth ending in the 3 way standoff that isnt kill mira/eric/nobody

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Antoine Silvere posted:

i've hit a roadblock with the force quit boxes (late game spoilers): i cant get any of them open. I thought the number zero gives you in the "Q's robot head falls off" ending would open the Q box but it doesn't. I think I know what D's box is supposed to be (Phi's brooch and that thing Diana wears in her head?) but I don't know the name of the second thing. C box I have no clue.

is there a specific fragment i didn't pay enough attention to? i also haven't figured out who killed mira or gotten the fourth ending in the 3 way standoff that isnt kill mira/eric/nobody

you're off track on most of the force quit stuff. I can't really tell without a flowchart but the most important thing about the who killed mira choice is listening to what eric says right before it

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

you're off track on most of the force quit stuff. I can't really tell without a flowchart but the most important thing about the who killed mira choice is listening to what eric says right before it

Thanks, I finally figured out the Eric thing. Also apparently i unlocked the third outcome of the AB game without noticing so I've got more to see still that'll probably lead me to the right answers

I'm glad they used back to the future to explain a major mechanic in the game, lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Antoine Silvere posted:

You might have all the info required for the "Mother's Memento" password already but it requires some pretty specific, non-obvious wording and honestly stood out as one of the weaker points of the game for me. Off the top of my head I think it's BLUEBIRD BROOCH but there might be a space between "BLUE" and "BIRD" -- the "Twin's Birthday" one should be obvious when you get the relevant ending. Also it's very possible that I'm confusing the force quit box passwords with the truth door ones because I was in a hosed up haze when I finished the game so apologies in advance if the info contained in this post is totally inaccurate and useless

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh wait ok looking at the second part of your spoiler I can maybe help you along. With regard to "who killed Mira" you can either let the timer run out or type something along the lines of "I dont know" to pacify Eric. As far as the fourth outcome in the Q-branch standoff section you'll fill out that ending by typing in the name of a character who you won't learn exists until late in the game. It's someone important and it will probably be pretty obvious to you once they're introduced in the story. If you really really want me to I can tell you the name but it's worth figuring out naturally because that ending is one of my favorite moments in the entire game

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

Oh wait ok looking at the second part of your spoiler I can maybe help you along. With regard to "who killed Mira" you can either let the timer run out or type something along the lines of "I dont know" to pacify Eric. As far as the fourth outcome in the Q-branch standoff section you'll fill out that ending by typing in the name of a character who you won't learn exists until late in the game. It's someone important and it will probably be pretty obvious to you once they're introduced in the story. If you really really want me to I can tell you the name but it's worth figuring out naturally because that ending is one of my favorite moments in the entire game

I actually just got through the ending that gave me the required information for both of those things and holy poo poo.

i think i got the perceptive ending before i was supposed to put it together because i followed the advice on the last page and checked the status screen during the twins ending and figured it out. this game is loving amazing

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 4, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

You might have all the info required for the "Mother's Memento" password already but it requires some pretty specific, non-obvious wording and honestly stood out as one of the weaker points of the game for me. Off the top of my head I think it's BLUEBIRD BROOCH but there might be a space between "BLUE" and "BIRD" -- the "Twin's Birthday" one should be obvious when you get the relevant ending. Also it's very possible that I'm confusing the force quit box passwords with the truth door ones because I was in a hosed up haze when I finished the game so apologies in advance if the info contained in this post is totally inaccurate and useless

the passwords are "brooch" and "music box"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

the passwords are "brooch" and "music box"

both music box and blue bird work since they're not really passwords but "key items"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Accidentally saw a spoiler for a puzzle and now I'm never going to get the feel of figuring out the answer myself.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Beat the game. There were some questionable parts towards the end but overall I loved it and thought it was a great end to the zero escape series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm completely stumped in the Rec room and can't find the last coin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Right after I posted that I found it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the "decision" after this room

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Lol at the "decision" after this room

top-tier decision game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drinking a big beer while Junpei does and holding the cold beer up to the vita screen in a "cheers" motion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh snap a little AB Game action

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Junpei you motherfucker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol this whole fragment is like VLR in 30 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Akane just went full Koizumi in this scene.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the C team story is my favorite so far. Although Q and D are epic as well. Consistently impressed by how god like this game is.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I think the C team story is my favorite so far. Although Q and D are epic as well. Consistently impressed by how god like this game is.

how many endings you got so far (my favorite ending is a D team one)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

how many endings you got so far (my favorite ending is a D team one)

I've got one from each and the first coin one but I've cleared every puzzle room so at this point I'm just going to be watching and jumping for a few hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh actually I've only seen two. crossbow (the Mira reveal) and biohazard symbol? I think that's the D team one where Diana (who I'm almost positive is pre-robot Luna) sent the VLR radio Message about radical-6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would have been loving crazy to see the Anthropic Principle ending before seeing the Q reveal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Q fragment where Eric asks you who killed Mira got spoiled for me but I probably never would have figured out the answer and that response seems extremely antithetical to the design of these games, kinda lame IMO.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

The Q fragment where Eric asks you who killed Mira got spoiled for me but I probably never would have figured out the answer and that response seems extremely antithetical to the design of these games, kinda lame IMO.

which response? letting the timer run down or saying "i dont know"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

which response? letting the timer run down or saying "i dont know"

Saying "I don't know" but I guess letting the time run down would have made more sense and is a choice in other decisions, I should have tried that.

The D team stuff where Diana and Sigma hang out and have twins is incredible and probably the best directing in the game's scenes that I've seen so far

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

It would have been loving crazy to see the Anthropic Principle ending before seeing the Q reveal.

I think that happened to me. What do you mean by the anthropic principle ending?

Also

In Training posted:

The D team stuff where Diana and Sigma hang out and have twins is incredible and probably the best directing in the game's scenes that I've seen so far

agreed, that's probably one of my favorite endings and the part where sigma tells gab that was the last biscuit made me legitimately sad

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 5, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

O_o the twins are Phi and Sigma aren't they? Oh my god

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

it's soooooo good and indirectly leads into my other favourite ending: the other crossbow path

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

I think that happened to me. What do you mean by the anthropic principle ending?

Also

agreed, that's probably one of my favorite endings and the part where sigma tells gab that was the last biscuit made me legitimately sad

Not the ending really but the fragment where a Qbot shows up to kill C team. Not knowing they were just cleaners for zero would have me freaked me out and I thought Q was a maniac or something

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Not the ending really but the fragment where a Qbot shows up to kill C team. Not knowing they were just cleaners for zero would have me freaked me out and I thought Q was a maniac or something

Ohh right, seeing him bust out and go 'penalty. Penalty' was weird and awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I saw the "Perceptive Ending". Good poo poo, also kind of confirms my idea for the structural gimmick of the whole game. Unless it's just a gag. It makes complete sense considering how every other game in the series has been built though. Tomorrow I'm going to finish this, or maybe Wednesday. I have the key for the Truth Door now and I imagine it's going to be a domino effect of unlocking stuff, although I don't even really know what unlocked the Twin ending, unless it's just "see every other possible ending and then we will drop the Delta reveal

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol I saw the "Perceptive Ending". Good poo poo, also kind of confirms my idea for the structural gimmick of the whole game. Unless it's just a gag. It makes complete sense considering how every other game in the series has been built though. Tomorrow I'm going to finish this, or maybe Wednesday. I have the key for the Truth Door now and I imagine it's going to be a domino effect of unlocking stuff, although I don't even really know what unlocked the Twin ending, unless it's just "see every other possible ending and then we will drop the Delta reveal

That ending is one of my favorite parts of the game and I stumbled on it really early by just going back to that scene and typing in new names every time they popped up in the story. Went back there after the Twins ending and yup sure enough that was the ticket -- really really good poo poo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
thing i just realized (zero identity spoilers) if Zero Time Dilemma is an anagram of "me im zero im delta" are the titles of the other games in the series also anagrams

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

no they will not posted:

thing i just realized (zero identity spoilers) if Zero Time Dilemma is an anagram of "me im zero im delta" are the titles of the other games in the series also anagrams

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I mean you're probably right it's not a coincidence but still lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

no they will not posted:

I never understood how everyone in this game is so good at solving anagrams because I can never think of other combinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eric just shot a wall with a shotgun and poo poo is going down.

• Locked thread