Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I was proud of myself because I kinda had my finger on that twist before the reveal. Just about everything else blindsided me. I also really like (re: the wall getting shot) the idea of Gab going into a little room and hanging out and eating cheese and taking a nap every time he's supposed to deliver a message

Also after that scene check your global flowchart. Good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol @ your gab spoiler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the general ability of everybody in these games to pull insane anagrams out of their rear end at all times is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also lolling at the increasing frequency of people hanging out in the bunker for 10 months waiting for the transporter to recharge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The end game reveal of you were really an old man the entire time...again! is quite epic

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The end game reveal of you were really an old man the entire time...again! is quite epic

Ohhhhh yeah and I really like how they pulled it off this time. gonna admit it's maybe slightly bullshit that they barely acknowledge wheelchair Q's existence throughout the entire game but I was a little thrown off by the new structure with the 3 teams because the other games had very clear protagonists and you got to make choices for them but were otherwise up to the mercy of all the other characters.

Maybe they had to stretch things a little hard to make it work but I was still m comforted to learn that there was in fact a single player character in ZTD, he was just mind-controlling the 3 team leaders for the entire game. I also like the whole Q (old wheelchair guy) and Q (robot boy) confusion, it adds some gravity to the Standoff scene which is still maybe my favorite moment in the game. The game asks you who (robot boy) Q should shoot, and if you type in "me" or "myself" it tells you that you can't commit suicide. But if you type in "Q" it's like, cool, but please input Q's real name. I figured out the Delta option as soon as I got the Twins ending
but it wasn't until the reveals you're talking about that everything came together and made sense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Am I retard. Why won't it accept brooch and bird cage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyway I'm going to stop for the evening because it seems I have one path left to watch and I'm going to hunker down tomorrow with it for the finale

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

there's 2 options for that second thing and the one you're using isn't one of them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Did you not see some quick flashback/flashsideways scene where the door says Twin's birthday? instead? I think you should have at this point. Idk maybe I'm confusing where you're at with somewhere else tho, I pulled an all-nighter to finish the endgame and a couple parts are a little blurry for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Either way you're pretty close now. There's still some good add content left but it's not like VLR where after you figure out all the passwords and input all the stuff you end up reading dialogue for like 2 hours straight and then end credits. Don't get me wrong, the ending is still great and really heavy, they just spread out the end-game plot dump stuff across a few different jumps instead of dropping it all on you at once

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm excited for you to play through the final scene though. It's one of those really cool/clever interactions between story & gameplay mechanics that I am consistently a huge sucker for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've already done everything else, I've put in 2 out of the 3 box passwords and seen all but the last ending. I think it's just wording on the phrase or something because I clearly know what the hint means

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
music box

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

BLUE BIRD

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

MUSIC BOX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That seems like some unnecessary hair splitting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still thinking about how dumb the Q reveal is when I woke up

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i was kind of blindsided by it but there's a huge amount of foreshadowing. for example check this out:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems way less foreshadowed than the VLR reveal though. Like suddenly everyone is using a different name and acting like they always had been. It would take a replay for me to see but at first blush it feels like way more bullcrap than the VLR conceit.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Like suddenly everyone is using a different name and acting like they always had been.

guess what pal: no one calls sean q

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

guess what pal: no one calls sean q

I guess no one would really know about Q either so when zero tells them there's 3 people on each team every team would believe it. I guess I'm more disappointed that ultimately it's kind of the exact same thing they did in VLR but third person instead of first person, which is something I assumed from like minute 10 but I thought it would be more interesting than that. I still need to finish it though

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

My fave thing about this game is that (late-ish game) D-team spent 45 years enacting a complicated plan and fostering siggy and phido's shifting abilities and then c-team practices for 5 minutes and are insanely better at it than them

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

My fave thing about this game is that (late-ish game) D-team spent 45 years enacting a complicated plan and fostering siggy and phido's shifting abilities and then c-team practices for 5 minutes and are insanely better at it than them

(end game spoiler) They had non-shifters shifting by the end of the game because of proximity, so they do kind of explain that.

My favorite bit is aliens being a thing but only for the sake of a puzzle and explaining a weird technology.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

In Training posted:

It seems way less foreshadowed than the VLR reveal though. Like suddenly everyone is using a different name and acting like they always had been. It would take a replay for me to see but at first blush it feels like way more bullcrap than the VLR conceit.

there's actually a decent amount of foreshadowing/evidence: mostly in small subtle things and a few (much) larger things. there's a list on reddit started by a poster here on SA I think. this list is p. spoilery so I'd suggest not reading it until you're finished with the game!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

C7ty1 posted:

there's actually a decent amount of foreshadowing/evidence: mostly in small subtle things and a few (much) larger things. there's a list on reddit started by a poster here on SA I think. this list is p. spoilery so I'd suggest not reading it until you're finished with the game!!!

Ha that's pretty cool about the four thump sounds playing every time Q team falls asleep, I never would have caught that. Does that mean his wheelchair is toppling over though??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't look at the list but it explains why Eric shoots three times after he kills Sean in bad ending in the teleported room. I remember this specifically because I thought for a split second he killed Gab

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol they actually called it mind hacking OK I'm 100% back on board

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope that cut to black is the finale because it's super loving good if so.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SO in the ending: does that this final true history free of Q's mind hacking, VLR never occurs? It was only one of the necessary future branches to get Phi/Delta born at DCom? wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also bigger question: WHy the gently caress did Delta shoot Gab with a shotgun at the end of the Force Quit timeline. He absolutely must be stopped.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i thnk delta was ok with either the real endng happening or the VLR ending happening as long as he nd phi were born, in either one humanity is saved. VLR endng still happens so theres a history where mankind survives.

also some reddit guy realizd Zero Time Dilemma is an anagram for "Me? I'm Delta. I'm Zero." so thats pretty badass

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

In Training posted:

Also bigger question: WHy the gently caress did Delta shoot Gab with a shotgun at the end of the Force Quit timeline. He absolutely must be stopped.

ending spoilers i like the theory that Delta shot Gab to force him to SHIFT to the proper timeline. rules don't say a dog can't SHIFT!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the main thing that peeved me off about the ending was: no Phi epilogue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

the main thing that peeved me off about the ending was: no Phi epilogue

I saw there were epilogues and read one and then didn't read any of the others because it felt against the spirit of the finale to read more past it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a cool thought: the entirety of ZTD is the exact opposite of MGS3 , in terms of building to the finale's big moment. Just have metal gear on the mind, as always

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C7ty1 posted:

ending spoilers i like the theory that Delta shot Gab to force him to SHIFT to the proper timeline. rules don't say a dog can't SHIFT!!

Lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I saw there were epilogues and read one and then didn't read any of the others because it felt against the spirit of the finale to read more past it

you're going to be so in the dark in the next game when akane, junpei and carlos find the religious terrorist but somehow get trapped in a nonary game in which he is both creator and participant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know you're joking but I really hope this is the final Zero Escape game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still seriously so blown away at how pitch perfect the twins ending was

• Locked thread