Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Heck yeah! I was wondering about what game you two were going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I'm pretty much a huge pushover for scary games, and this is definitely not even giving gibblies. Calling was WAY scarier than this by a mile.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Which is what helps make the game so utterly poo poo, since you're restricted to a ponderously slow pace and have a hard time limit to complete a level.

The thing is that there are games that do exactly that, but they're good. At least probably because it's not about a slow pace for them.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

tlarn posted:

Give 'em the magic hands!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Anoia posted:

Nevermind, I'm misremembering the Ring 2 interview scenes. These two movies blur together since both American remakes and sequels rushed out around the same time frame.

I think there was some sorta thing where she needed to be "loved" and "love" will cure the curse or something.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

And it's no wonder why they're so loving furious with everyone and everything else with it; Kayako kills Takeo by way of her supernatural hair, only for him to come back as a ghost too, in the same bloody house.

You know what? That's one of the things I've always questioned when things come back as ghosts to kill people. It's like do the victims (Either good or bad) just not exist then? Kinda glad it covers that a bit.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The whole thing of Japanese horror is very... Well different. The idea generally for us is that there is some END to it all. In Japanese horror there generally isn't an end or the evil generally wins. Completely innocent people can just die or be cursed for no reason.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

pedrovay2003 posted:

It's time for part 3! I'll be in therapy if anyone needs me!

Poor Pete.. I'm so sorry for your lost sanity. This is probably the biggest highlight of this game though.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

pedrovay2003 posted:

I'M SORRY, WHAT?! This is a thing?

Here is where you tell us you got a dreamcast. :allears:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

pedrovay2003 posted:

Oh, I have a Dreamcast, don't you worry about that. :D It's still one of my favorite consoles!

Good man! Not to push you in any direction but this definitely brings hope up for a Ring LP.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The bloody handprints on the wall is actually a pretty spooky touch, but since you're practically not in any danger outside of QTEs it's really pointless. There's nothing to ever really be scared about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Cooking Magpie posted:

I like how all of these characters run like three feet away from the ghost and then stop. It destroys any tension the game might've built up.

Oh.. No. A ghost. Let me walk two feet to the left. Phew it's over.

• Locked thread