Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

pedrovay2003 posted:

I was honestly worried about playing this one, because I thought people would lose interest. I'm glad I seem to have been mistaken. :-D

I just like watching people suffer. This is one of my favourite kinds of LP's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
That rant is why I love LP's like this. It was amazing.

Amy though, we really need to talk about your jumpscare tactics. It may have turned out you probably wouldn't have been able to use them during that bed scenario but you are still not using them to their full capacity. You need to use them when he is distracted, not when he is just walking straight forward, and much more randomly, not just a lot when you realise they exist. I am telling you this because I feel like you aren't living up to your potential of screwing with Pete. I am convinced you can be much meaner if you just try! :razz:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Niggurath posted:

I assume it'll be something akin to Freddy vs. Jason where they end up crossing over into each other's worlds and duke it out to claim the right to totally murder some dumb Japanese folks. And I have no problem calling them dumb because it seems like the plot of the movie is "Man, we've got this cursed tape and nowhere to watch it....maybe we should watch it in this ghost house that has killed most of Japan already!". I mean I know VCR's are a little hard to come by nowadays but there has to be another one that is somewhat convenient, right?

I guess I just don't understand Japanese culture:

That is the best thing. US should start adding horror characters to their celeb ball throwing thingies. (Yes, I obviously has a firm grip on Baseball)

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I am indeed a very proud gal. Well done Amy, I knew you could do it!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
At least they referenced the first film with the kid between the bannister and the bodies in the attic and the way you died... actually it was more lazy copy paste than a reference.
Also yeah that live action bit was really similar to the film, it might have fooled me into buying the game if I played horrors myself.

But yes, thank you for your suffering, it was very entertaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

drkeiscool posted:

So wait, the ghost lady went through the effort to put the dead people in bags, drag them to the house, stuff them in the attic, tear the house up, and then kill the protagonist?

That ghost is very dedicated.

Actually, those bodies belongs to Kazumi and Katsuya; Catboy and Ghostlady. They were found in the attic in the original film. This along with Kazumi appearing at the top of the stairs, where he first showed in the film was what I felt was a quite nice callback in this otherwise atrocious game.

• Locked thread