Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Sorry to bump, but I only discovered this thread this week and have been watching it over the past few days. I'm a big fan of the Ju-On films (though I've not seen any made after the second US film yet, as I'm a lazy rear end). I find it hilarious that the thread tries to debate the "rules" of these ghosts, because like some of the better ghost movies out there (Like Poltergeist or The Haunting--original in both cases) the rules don't matter. Every time a character thinks they get a handle on things and sets out with a battle plan, Kayako and Toshio change the rules again. So yes, you end up having the curse be contagious outside the house (which incidentally has had a near constant layout with each installment, including this one), or have it transcend time. In many ways I'd say the series is much better than the more popular Ringu series, just for this reason. I've watched all of that series, and have felt that it's not nearly as daring or interesting. Though it definitely gets weirder, in its own particular ways...but I'm sure that's a discussion for the Ring LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread