Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
If you do play The Ring: Terror's Realm, I'd say that reading the third Ring book, Loop, is mandatory. They never adapted Loop into a movie because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the stuff, but this game seems to be based heavily around it.

Speaking of Ring in a Ju-On thread, who's excited for Sadako Vs Kayako?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

Thankyou, Frank, for summarising the appeal of eastern supernatural horror with such detail and succinctness, beyond what most of us could provide.

I think "They can't win, so why bother watching" complaint holds just as much water as the "He'll always win, so why bother reading" complaint about Superman. It's not about the ending, it's about the journey to the ending. Unfortunately, in this games case, the journey is walking barefoot over a kilometer of Doritos. Highly unpleasant, but you have to keep going, just so you can say "I walked barefoot over a mile of cheese flavoured, spiky snacks."

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

This is just a reminder that Ju-on: The Grudge is the third movie in the series, not the first (If you don't count the original pair of short films). Go look up individual film synopses on Wikipedia. Same for Ring. The stuff is wierd and interesting.

• Locked thread