Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I still can't get over the "Haunted House Simulator" subtitle.

And that PAL box cover... "Uuuuhhhhhhhgh" indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/Bw8hdi1.webm
This is just fantastic.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

Kayako and Toshio returned to kill their murderer
And it's no wonder why they're so loving furious with everyone and everything else with it; Kayako kills Takeo by way of her supernatural hair, only for him to come back as a ghost too, in the same bloody house.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The controls seem to be more actively malicious than the ghosts.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Schubalts posted:

The American Grudge 2 was all over that bit of "lore", with the murdered schoolgirls (and teacher?) stalking their surviving friend for years, trying to get at her. They drove her insane with fear to the point that she sealed herself in an apartment covered with warding seals.
Ju-On: The Grudge did it too in Izumi's story.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I think it gets to a point where the vengeful ghosts end up with victims who are just completely apathetic to it all and take this outlook with them when they become ghosts, breaking the cycle of murdering anyone and everyone they encounter.

I'm also leaping to the bizarre conclusion that there's some sort of "ghost retirement" goal which comes into effect when a certain number of victims are claimed.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Purple Ghost Boy 'jumpscare' is the best thing about this game so far. Magically lovely and ineffective at providing any scares at all!

pedrovay2003 posted:

I'M SORRY, WHAT?! This is a thing?
Oh Christ. The Ring: Terror's Realm makes this game look like a horror masterpiece; it's just entirely incompetent, and wastes no time in letting you know.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

pedrovay2003 posted:

My God, I'm going to have to play this now; I don't know if I can even force myself to believe that there's ANYTHING in this world that can make Ju-on for the Wii look just GOOD, let alone a masterpiece.
Trust me, it really is just that goddamn bad. And if you really do intend to play it, please, please don't spoil anything for yourself by checking gameplay videos or reviews or anything of the sort. Experience it all completely raw and just take in the (lack of) atmosphere. Words really cannot describe what you'll feel.

The Watercrown posted:

Speaking of Ring in a Ju-On thread, who's excited for Sadako Vs Kayako?
I am, in a weird, morbidly-curious sort of way. How exactly do two ghosts fight? Or is it like some sort of victim-claiming board game? A Monopoly-type based on getting all the souls in Japan, perhaps?

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 20, 2016

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wow, the wheezing from that poor bastard after a short stumble into a cupboard. What sort of security guard was he?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

azren posted:

That one was a delivery boy, the next one's a security guard.
Goddamnit I knew I'd hosed something up. I meant delivery boy but was still watching/typing as the "Security Guard's Ordeal" chapter appeared on screen. That'll teach me.

Still, what sort of delivery boy ends up rasping away like that anyway? I know next to diddly-dick about delivery services in Japan, but I'm fairly sure that no delivery company on the planet wants to hire some severely asthmatic guy who possibly crumples up into a wheezing pile every time he walks down a pathway to someone's door carrying a box. This ghost ordeal must be wiping the population out hard if he's got the job.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Well, that sure was a thing.

Thanks for playing, now I won't ever want to!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Please do. Emulate the bastard if you have to, but that game... holy ol' Jesus.

It'll be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

pedrovay2003 posted:

I'm also trying to not have any clue as to what it's even like before I play it.
This is by far the best way to go into this game.

• Locked thread