Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

2008: obama
2010: the sacrificial democratic candidates for texas offices
2012: obama
2014: same as 2010 except this time one of the candidates was wendy davis
2016: bernie -> regretting my vote -> hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
i voted for obama twice

I'm not sure if hilary will have more balls than him or not cause obama was a big let down

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

2004: Badnarik
2008: Obummer
2012: nah
2016: Bernie, probably Johnson because I'm a piece of poo poo

Never lived anywhere even sort of electorally competitive, so whatever.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

they're all letdowns. always. except when they're winning big-rear end wars maybe? but when it comes to domestic policy it's literally the way this country was built to be

like, even the new deal probably felt like a letdown at the time since fdr had to make a bunch of compromises and congress basically ground progress to a halt around 1938 (for this generalization i cite my vague memory of reading david kennedy's freedom from fear a year or two ago)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

2007 provincial: Québec solidaire
2007 federal by-election: NDP
2008 federal: NDP
2008 provincial: Québec solidaire
2009 municipal: Projet Montréal
2011 federal: NDP
2012 provincial: Québec solidaire
2013 municipal: Projet Montréal
2013 provincial by-election: Québec solidaire
2014 provincial: Québec solidaire
2015 federal: NDP

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

2007 provincial: Québec solidaire
2007 federal by-election: NDP
2008 federal: NDP
2008 provincial: Québec solidaire
2009 municipal: Projet Montréal
2011 federal: NDP
2012 provincial: Québec solidaire
2013 municipal: Projet Montréal
2013 provincial by-election: Québec solidaire
2014 provincial: Québec solidaire
2015 federal: NDP

was projet montreal the one that had like three mayors arrested in a row

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

i assume these are delegate votes. if not admitting to voter fraud here is maybe not the smartest thing

Precinct Caucus, County caucus, pointless primary, state caucus

I didn't want to pay $4000 to sit at the DNC so I didn't go for a fifth Bernie vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that was Union Montréal, and it was only two :v:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ2Lh8woWz4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Just kidding I vote Democrat all the way.

Kerry, Obama, Obama. Will vote Hillary.

Don't tend to vote in primaries.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Jun 12, 2016

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I have moved gradually from voting for left-wing parties to anti-immigration (i.e. anti-refugee) parties, as the left in Europe has mostly lost track of issues other than meaningless identity politics and I don't feel aligned with them anymore.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

2010: The lady who lost to Rick Scott
2012: Obama, but I was very tempted to vote Roseanne
2014: Was flown to another state for an interview on election day, forgot to vote early
2016: Bernie, will probably abstain from presidential and vote D in local offices

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The first time I was able to vote, it was for Rick Snyder for Michigan governor. It turns out, he loving sucked? Anyway after that it was Obama for reelection, then whoever it was that failed to oust Snyder.
Voted Sanders for the primary, probably will vote Clinton now that he's out.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Wikkheiser posted:

Just kidding I vote Democrat all the way.

Kerry, Obama, Obama. Will vote Hillary.

Don't tend to vote in primaries.

Voting for Kerry only encouraged the Democratic Party to keep supporting Kerry like candidates. Cut that out. Don't reward stupid.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Not a Step posted:

Voting for Kerry only encouraged the Democratic Party to keep supporting Kerry like candidates. Cut that out. Don't reward stupid.

it encouraged them so hard they nominated a charismatic black man

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

it encouraged them so hard they nominated a charismatic black man

Who won an upset victory over the person they wanted to nominate, Hillary Clinton. Eight years later and here we are. This is what blindly voting for Gore and Kerry gets you.

E: Seriously, the Dems ran sentient woolen sweater Al Gore, then a man so unlikeable that Bush, who hid from combat, managed to turn his military service and purple hearts against him, before finally hitting it big with a young, dynamic charismatic black man. Learning absolutely nothing they decided to go with a calculating robot who never goes off script this cycle. The Dems just lucked out that the Republicans decided to melt down this year and run discount Hitler instead of someone with some actual charisma and ability. Not that they had any of those to pick from.

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Jun 12, 2016

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Not a Step posted:

Who won an upset victory over the person they wanted to nominate, Hillary Clinton. Eight years later and here we are. This is what blindly voting for Gore and Kerry gets you.

when did Harry Reid and Ted Kennedy stop being part of the democratic establishment

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I just write in Ron Paul

For everything

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Not a Step posted:

Glad to see you're voting for Hillary. :patriot:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Not a Step posted:

E: Seriously, the Dems ran sentient woolen sweater Al Gore, then a man so unlikeable that Bush, who hid from combat, managed to turn his military service and purple hearts against him, before finally hitting it big with a young, dynamic charismatic black man. Learning absolutely nothing they decided to go with a calculating robot who never goes off script this cycle. The Dems just lucked out that the Republicans decided to melt down this year and run discount Hitler instead of someone with some actual charisma and ability. Not that they had any of those to pick from.

yeah it's messed up that all those dem voters across all the primaries chose hillary but what are you gonna do i guess

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
i think i'm the youngest person itt so far oops

2012: Obama, very apathetically.

2014: straight Dem ticket because i didn't know anything really about RI politics. so i voted for raimundo for governor. :barf:

2016: Bernie in the primary; probably Stein in the general if she gets on the ballot here.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not a Step posted:

I hate Republicans more.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
2012: obama
2014: moonbeam
2016: hillary for the primary, and then again once november rolls around

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Never voted. Made a bunch of money last cycle on Obama though. I live in Kentucky, fwiw, and my family is making me go vote this time because "otherwise why haven't you shut the gently caress up by now"

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
2000: Gore, a few downticket Republicans
2002: Mix of local Dems and Republicans
2004: Kerry, only Dems
2006: Only Dems
2008: Obama!
2010: Dems
2012: Obama, only Dems
2014: Only Dems
2016: First time voted in primary for Hillary, will vote for Hillary again and probably straight Dem ticket. But since I am in WA, I usually get to choose from two Dems anyways. :)

bernie killed rosa
Feb 23, 2003
2008: obama
2010: bill white, downticket dems
2012: jill stein
2014: wendy davis, downticket dems
2016: voted for bernie in primary, will probably vote jill stein or some other third party

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I'm surprised Bernie voters aren't lining up behind Jill Stein en masse.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Btw for my fjrst vote (Trump!) I will be voting straight dem downticket unless someone makes a good argument for a rep candidate. Trump as prez and a very slightly blue house/senate is my dream government - like a reverse Clinton/Gingrich situation.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Not a Step posted:

There was nothing wrong with Kerry. Politics got really ugly and somehow we had a vet get smeared as unAmerican and shitbags bought into it. We're seeing it today with McCain. Kerry kept on the issues, but the climate was just too many people willing to double down.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Wrong thread

Bishop has issued a correction as of 16:43 on Jun 12, 2016

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
1998 - (Garry Mauro for governor, just turned 18 and it was my first election / first time voting against George W Bush)
2000 - Gore in the primary, Gore in the general
2004 - Sharpton in the primary, Kerry in the general
2008 - :obama: in the primary, :obama: in the general
2012 - :obama: in the primary, :obama: in the general
2016 - :abuela: in the primary, :abuela: in the general

As for down-ticket, I've generally voted party-line Democrat, occasionally voted for Libertarians because I'm in Texas and for a lot of smaller offices like sheriff and county clerk you end up with only the a Libertarian and a crazy-fundie Republican on the ticket (though I've also abstained a lot in those).

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Oiled and Ready posted:

Btw for my fjrst vote (Trump!) I will be voting straight dem downticket unless someone makes a good argument for a rep candidate. Trump as prez and a very slightly blue house/senate is my dream government - like a reverse Clinton/Gingrich situation.

I would do this too and I can see a lot of Trump voters doing so, especially if they've voted democrat traditionally or dislike establishment repubs but realise Trump is a different sort.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

08: Obama
10: Bill White and texas dems RIP
12: Jill Stein
14: Wendy Davis and texas dems RIP 2.0
16: Bernie in primary, probably Stein in general unless PSL somehow get on the ballot here

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
glad I'm not the only one who checked "Stein" in 2012. I wish I'd looked into her positions a bit more, but at the time I was just imagining my grandkids asking "pop pop, why did you support the president who killed all those innocents with his flying death robots" and I'll be able to say "gently caress you kids, I didn't support poo poo. Don't play gotcha with grandpa."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
1998: JEB! (Charlie Crist for Senate)
2000: W (Bill McCollum for Senate)
2002: JEB!
2004: Kerry (Betty Castor for Senate)
2006: Jim Davis (Bill Nelson for Senate)
2008: B Rock in the primary, B Rock in the general
2010: Alex Sink (Charlie Crist for Senate)
2012: Big O (Bill Nelson for Senate)
2014: Charlie Crist
2016: Bernie in the primary, Hilldawg in the general (Probably Patrick Murphy for Senate, but our primary isn't until August)
Also I had to register as a Republican for the August primary simply to vote against my State Attorney who went and got the primary closed by having a donor register as a write in candidate which was some real bullshit. Yay, Jacksonville, where there is often no choice but Republican on the ballot.

Edit: I have voted for Charlie Crist way more than I thought or is reasonable.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's pretty funny to see how many people either voted for Hilldawg in the primary and never mentioned it, or are switching to Hillary in the general after voting Bernie in the primary, considering how this subforum was completely overrun by Berniebro avatars for the past 6 months

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i voted for obama once

Gyges posted:

1998: JEB! (Charlie Crist for Senate)
2000: W (Bill McCollum for Senate)
2002: JEB!
2004: Kerry (Betty Castor for Senate)
2006: Jim Davis (Bill Nelson for Senate)
2008: B Rock in the primary, B Rock in the general
2010: Alex Sink (Charlie Crist for Senate)
2012: Big O (Bill Nelson for Senate)
2014: Charlie Crist
2016: Bernie in the primary, Hilldawg in the general (Probably Patrick Murphy for Senate, but our primary isn't until August)
Also I had to register as a Republican for the August primary simply to vote against my State Attorney who went and got the primary closed by having a donor register as a write in candidate which was some real bullshit. Yay, Jacksonville, where there is often no choice but Republican on the ballot.

Edit: I have voted for Charlie Crist way more than I thought or is reasonable.

theres a reason i left north florida

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

first coast worst coast

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

1996: Slick Willy
2000: W
2004: W
2008: Obama
2012: Obama
2016: Nuclear Winter (I hate Hillary with a burning passion and think she's a lying, manipulative opportunist who is absolutely two-faced and completely disingenuous. That said, I think Trump is so unqualified, boorish, and ignorant, that I'm amazed he even got this far, and I'm sure he would send the country into chaos if he were elected president).

Count Freebasie has issued a correction as of 13:56 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Well obviously I vote for the GOP candidate for POTUS, so instead I'll share who got my support (until they won or dropped out) during the GOP POTUS primary:

1988 - Ineligible (age)
1996 - Steve Forbes
2000 - Steve Forbes
2008 - Rudy Giuliani
2012 - Newt Gingrich
2016 - DONALD J. TRUMP

• Locked thread