Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Boosted_C5 posted:

Well obviously I vote for the GOP candidate for POTUS, so instead I'll share who got my support (until they won or dropped out) during the GOP POTUS primary:

1996 - Steve Forbes

Should have gone with Morry https://newrepublic.com/article/78937/the-griz-michael-lewis-morry-taylor

quote:

"Did you play sports in high school?" I ask Morry, or rather, the back of Morry's head. He doesn't even look around. He's shaking his head; I have no trouble imagining the scorn on his face. My question is plainly ridiculous. "Did I play sports?" he asks. "I am the biggest jock who ever ran for president. I can beat you in anything." And with that he blows through the double doors leading into the auditorium. High school probably was not prepared for Morry Taylor the first time he passed through, and it most certainly is no match for him now that he's sitting on $40 million-plus of Titan stock and a fully fueled presidential campaign. About thirty kids file in, slump down into their seats and settle in for a snooze they'll never have.

"Your school is too big," booms Morry, and as the kids jolt and stir he enters his stream of consciousness. "This is what is wrong with America," he says, pointing at the kids. "Big, big, big. You don't see no little kids in here. No little kids with the big kids so that the little kids don't have anyone to look up to. When I was in school the third-graders looked up to the eighth-graders, and the eighth-grade boys were in love with the senior girls. The senior girls just thought they were cute little twerps, but it was good for them. Some kid comes to school with orange hair, you don't have to call the parents. Hell, we'll take care of the orange hair. A place like this breeds weirdos."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

It's pretty funny to see how many people either voted for Hilldawg in the primary and never mentioned it, or are switching to Hillary in the general after voting Bernie in the primary, considering how this subforum was completely overrun by Berniebro avatars for the past 6 months

maybe because bernie bros isn't a real thing :ssh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

2000: Nader
2004: Kodos
2008: Cynthia McKinney
2012: Jill Stein
2016: Bernie in the primary. Not sure who in the general at this point.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
2000 Nader
2004 Kerry
2008 Obama
2012 Obama
2016 Gonna be Hillary.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

TRUMP!

*click*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Florida

2008 Obama
2012 Rocky Anderson
2016 Bernie (maybe Trump or a third party in general)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

2004: Kerry
2006: idk
2008: Obama
2010: demz
2012: Obama
2014: demz
2016: Hillary probably??

I wouldve voted Bush in 2000 if I could because I was a moron babby

Flavahbeast has issued a correction as of 06:00 on Jun 15, 2016

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
1988 Bush Sr (hey I was a kid still living at home, from a sheltered affluent suburb with conservative 'rents)
1992 Clinton
1996--sat this one out
2000 Gore
2004 Kerry
2008 Obama
2012 Romney (not because I wanted RMoney to win, but I was under massive family pressure and Obama had no shot to win TX anyway so it was a meaningless vote)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Number_6 posted:

1988 Bush Sr (hey I was a kid still living at home, from a sheltered affluent suburb with conservative 'rents)
1992 Clinton
1996--sat this one out
2000 Gore
2004 Kerry
2008 Obama
2012 Romney (not because I wanted RMoney to win, but I was under massive family pressure and Obama had no shot to win TX anyway so it was a meaningless vote)

Have you ever heard of lying? Its where you do one thing, but tell everyone you did another thing. And since votes are secret they are powerless to confirm or deny your actions. Vote for whoever you want and lie about it to friends, family, and forums posters if telling the truth is uncomfortable, or if you just want to have fun.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah how would your family have any idea who you voted for? that kind of pressure is the main reason that voting is private.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
2006: straight ticket democrat
2008: obama, straight ticket democrat
2010: straight ticket democrat
2012: obama
2014: "what the hell there isnt even a democrat running for the rep seat! guess im writing in puck the fairy dragon"
2016: hillary

blood red state in the south, so lol

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
I moved to DC in 2004, the safest of safe "states." By 2008 I had hit on the only way to feel my vote mattered even a little bit - voting for whatever third party was polling best, hoping they could get over that 5% popular vote threshold for federal funds. It's made for kind of an odd trend.

2000 - Gore
2004 - Kerry
2008 - Nader
2012 - Johnson.
2016 - probably Johnson again.

Sarcastr0 has issued a correction as of 12:45 on Jun 15, 2016

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
2000-Gore
2004-Kerry
2008-Obama
2012-Obama
2016-Sanders in primary, 99% it will be HRC in the general

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

2000-Gore
2004-Kerry
2008-Obama
2012-Obama
2016-Sanders in primary, 99% it will be HRC in the general

what happens 1% of the time??

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
No one cares about the representative from my brutally gerrymandered congressional district

08 - Obama
10 - Onorato for gov, Sestak
12 - wrote in obscure Ba'athist functionaries
14 - Tom Wolf for gov, Kathleen McGinty
16 - Sanders, McGinty / write-in obscure functionary from wherever we invade next, McGinty

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Number_6 posted:

1992 Clinton
1996--sat this one out
2000 Gore
2004 Kerry
2008 Obama

If I'm reading this correctly, you were over 40 years old at the time and you were worried about family pressure?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
2008 - Obama in primary and general
2010 - Didn't vote like an rear end in a top hat
2012 - Obama
2014 - Straight Dem, fat lot of good it did. gently caress you, Kay Hagan.
2016 - Bernie in the primary, probably last minute decision in the voting booth for the general

SPECIAL BONUS DATA:
The fake election my fifth grade put on - Bush, like a dweeb. All I knew was that Nixon sucked, the Clintons seemed okay, and Lincoln was a Republican, so I was a very confused kid.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

If I'm reading this correctly, you were over 40 years old at the time and you were worried about family pressure?

Dad has the big screen in the basement.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
my dad called me up in 2012 and offered me like $400 to vote for Mitt Romney. I could have just lied to him but I didn't. I still am not sure why

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

walgreenslatino posted:

my dad called me up in 2012 and offered me like $400 to vote for Mitt Romney. I could have just lied to him but I didn't. I still am not sure why

You should have offered to take $400 not to report some voter fraud on the behalf of Mitt Romney that you were recently made aware of.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gyges posted:

You should have offered to take $400 not to report some voter fraud on the behalf of Mitt Romney that you were recently made aware of.

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007

so loving future posted:

what happens 1% of the time??

Bernie wins the democratic nomination

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

2012 which was the first election I could vote in, I voted for Obama even though I probably shouldn't after the way he bungled healthcare.

I pledged my soul for trump this election

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
Colorado

2000 - Gore - I disliked how Bush ran education in TX.
2004 - Kerry - with zero enthusiasm.
2008 - Obama - with joy
2012 - Obama - because RMoney was an rear end in a top hat.
2016 - caucused for Bernie. Vote Hillary in the general, with a huge wince, solely because I'm in a swing state.

I think I voted for a Republican governor once (Bill Owens over Rollie Heath - the dems were pathetic in CO that year). I voted for Republican Bob Beauprez once for Congress, but I'm glad we have Perlmutter now.

And in 2014, I decided I disliked Hickenlooper just enough to vote for Harry Hempy of the Green Party for governor. Protest vote since I figured there was no way Beauprez, who was even worse, would beat Hick. Oh, and by the end, had I not already sent in my ballot, I would have replaced my vote for Udall with one for Gardner because Udall's endless and horrifically lovely campaign was on my last nerve (showing people whitewater rafting and interspersing poo poo about how Cory Gardner is not pro-choice is the dumbest thing ever).

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
2012-Obama, straight Republican otherwise. Romney was the worst.

2014-Mostly Republican (except for Rick Snyder, gently caress da nerd) with a handful of Constitution Party for meaningless stuff like University Board of Trustees.

2016-TRUMP

G.C. Furr III
Mar 30, 2016

2010: Labour
2015: Elections are nothing but slick misdirection by the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie to fool the proletariat into thinking they can make a difference at the ballot box and disguise the fundimentally undemocratic nature of the capitalist system

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
California:

2004, Kerry in both primary and general (absentee; I was living in England that year and the day after the November election had multiple people ask me what the gently caress was wrong with the US)

2008, Obama in both primary and general

2012, same

New Jersey:

2016, :abuela: in both primary and general

wish I was still living in CA so I could vote for Kamala Harris but watching Chris Christie become the target of near-universal hatred in this state is nearly as satisfying

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
2004 - John "Purple Hearts" Kerry, couldn't vote in the primary but it would've gone to Kucinich.
2006 - didn't vote, my district didn't matter that year
2008 - B. Rock the Islamic Shock Hussein "Superallah" Obama, in the primaries and general election, and straight ticket dem this time
2010 - I was the only person under 30 who voted in my state, and I voted straight ticket dem, but it didn't do crap of course
2012 - Dr. Doctor Ron Paul MD in the primaries, Obama once again in the general and democrats across the board--but very begrudgingly
2014 - Once again cast my pointless democratic vote for the sinking ship that was Kay Hagan. Hooray NC democrats, I love my dead gay party.
2016 - Bernie "B.A.M.F." Sanders in the primary, and I'll be voting for Hillary in the general.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NDP both federally and provincially since 2004.

My vote has never elected anyone to office. :qq:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Badnarik, Obama, Barr, Clinton :getin:

[04, 08, 12, 16]

crazy cloud has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Jun 22, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

crazy cloud posted:

Badnarik, Obama, Barr, Clinton :getin:

[04, 08, 12, 16]

you bring shame unto the tower

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

this will be my first election ever! luckily its november so i'll be old enough by then

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Man Whore posted:

you bring shame unto the tower

I am not even passingly familiar with the concept of shame :buddy:

Also I believed in Trump when very few others did, so even if I knew what shame was it doesn't seem like it would apply here.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I'm in VA, if it matters.

2004: Kerry
2008: Obama
2012: Jill Stein
2016: Bernie in the primaries; probably Stein again in the general unless Trump is somehow ahead in VA, at which point I'll start digging a hole to hide in.

Straight ticket Dem in everything else (the only third party that ever gets onto the ballot in my neck of the woods is the Tea Party).

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Terror Sweat posted:

this will be my first election ever! luckily its november so i'll be old enough by then

You joined the forums when you were 10?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

trump trump trump TRUM<P

proletarian_pixie
Jun 21, 2016
My first vote was in a Texas Dem primary in 2014. I voted for a LaRouchie.

This year in the PA Dem primaries I voted for Sanders for President, Fattah for House and Fetterman for Senate.

Not one of the candidates I've voted for has won, but one of them has gone to jail. Woo!

System of a Duck
Apr 11, 2004

by exmarx
1996: Dick Lugar (Republican primary)/ I supported Ralph Nader in the general election, but I don't remember actually voting for him.
2000: Bradley/Gore
2004: Dean/Kerry
2008: Obama/Obama
2012: Obama
2016: Hillary

System of a Duck has issued a correction as of 07:28 on Jun 23, 2016

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I first voted in 2006, when I pulled the lever for Kinky Friedman. I'm pretty sure every person I've voted for, including mayoral candidates, have lost. Hooray for Texas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
2011: Labour/Labour

2013: Whoever seemed the leftest

2014: Mana/Labour

2016: Whoever seems the leftest

2017: Mana/Labour