Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut

We moved across the country in the last four months of 8th grade. I quickly made friends with the goth kids at my new, temporary school. My brother and I stayed with "cousins" in Orange County while our dad worked up in the Bay Area. My brother got the bedroom of the oldest sister who quickly tired of the crowded house and moved out hastily, I slept in the living room.

Just a few days after the end of the school year, I rode in the back of the truck on the highway as we moved five hours North to join our dad. He had been squatting in an unused office at his factory, but he finally secured some rooms in a house from someone at church. That dude's Thai wife divorced him and took the kids as soon as she got her green card, leaving him with an empty house except for their monthly visit. The bedrooms still had his daughter's clothes in the dressers and posters on the wall, so I preferred to sleep in the living room.
The house had no AC, and ants in the
kitchen.

My brother got sick of the whole thing and conspired with cousins back on the East Coast to move out abruptly.
It was kept a secret from me until the rental car arrived to take us to the airport. He left, I stayed.

Epilogue: Everything is great now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread