Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Luvcow posted:

it was the summer of 1972 and i was an 11-year-old girl and a hypochondriac. My dad was an awkward widower who never seemed to understand me, and as a result, constantly ignored me. He worked as a funeral director and we lived at the funeral parlor, which led me to develop an obsession with death as well as disease. i also thought that i had killed my own mother, since she died giving birth to me. I also regularly tended to my invalid grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease. My uncle Phil, who lived nearby, also stopped by frequently to help out the family.

i was teased by other girls because my best friend, Thomas, was unpopular and a boy. Our summer adventures from first kiss to last farewell introduced me to the world of adolescence.

my summer began well. i befriended Shelley Devoto, the new make-up artist at my dad's funeral parlor, who provided me with some much needed guidance. i was also infatuated with my teacher, Mr. Bixler, and i stole some money from Shelley's trailer to attend a summer writing class that he was teaching. :(

But before long, things started to fall apart. My dad and Shelley started dating and got engaged, i couldn't bring myself to tell my dad that i had experienced my first menstrual cycle, Thomas died from an allergic reaction to bee stings while looking for my mood ring in the woods, and i found out that Mr. Bixler was engaged to someone else. i was the most sad that Mr. Bixler was engaged and that still haunts me to this day.

:smith:

my grief, however, managed to mend the rift between me and my dad, i learned that i didn't kill my mom during childbirth (since dad told me that things like mothers dying in childbirth just happen), and by the end of the movie, i had not only managed to deal with my pain and grief, but had also overcome some of my previous issues as well.

i thought thomas turned into nicholas cage after the bee attack, but otherwise a very sad story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread