Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Oooooh I never managed to complete this game. I think I tapped out just as the peak anime was getting started - thank you for finally bringing me closure with your worm-shaped sutures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Fun fact, the hospital used to be called St. Cenobite's

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

shibbotech posted:

Hey hey, glad you're enjoying it Zen! I was legitimately worried while starting this if I could provide entertaining commentary, though it seems like the thread's a fan. Manic's been a blast to work with as well. Hopefully the showcases will fulfill your A/S-ranking needs, as well. I like to keep things pretty chill. No idea if I'll succeed by the end of this game...

You make many, many salient points there. I personally enjoyed Linda's actual characterization, and that's what made the scene stick out to me - it's genuinely one of the better representations I've seen of someone who's overwhelmed and in the throes of a crisis, without coming across as too blunt or cheesy. Couple that with Angie's outbursts and Derek's efforts to help as best he can (despite his utterly atrocious bedside manner), and it just feels like a very human situation, I suppose. Compared to the occasionally clunky or cliche writing in this game, and it really made these four operations stand out for me as a child.

And yeah, surprise euthanasia guy, awesome. Wonderful. So to recap what we've learned so far: Angie's a 21-year-old nurse. Derek's a 26-year-old rookie surgeon who just finished a residency, and can also operate on everything forever. Derek possesses a power called the Healing Touch, rumored to be descended from Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine, which lets him cure potentially incurable diseases and save patients who should die. Also there are confidential possibly alien things infecting people and a doctor going around killing people who ask for death.

This is chapter 2 of 6.

Part 5 should hopefully be up later this weekend.

I remember in one episode of M.A.S.H. there was a suicidal soldier, and eventually Colonel Potter is like "YOU WANNA DIE SO BAD, LET ME HELP" and tries to gas him with the nitrous mask. Apparently it worked. I dunno, suicidal ideation is a tricky one to write because there's no one way to fix it.

I agree with Gemini, and with your reaction in the video - Angie was out of line. But I guess she was pretty emotional at the time - she was close to unravelling when she caught Derek outside of the hospital, so maybe that precocious 21 year old wunderkind hasn't quite developed a sense of clinical detachment.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

The new generation of medical LPers :allears: That was pretty cute, man. Your brother has some chops

Narrating the dialogue though :argh: Kid needs to go back to the sandcastle.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

shibbotech posted:

not using him to bolster my view counts at all

:laffo:

Whatever man I'm in it for good times and no hassles. Thanks again for inviting me to lend my voice! I had a great time

• Locked thread