Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I love this stupid game and your commentary is fun to listen to. It's funny and not loud and overbearing.

Fun fact about Operation Surprise Lung Tumor there, the lungs are actually a really common place for a tumor to metastasize to. Metastasis is the process where a cancer cell breaks off from an existing tumor, travels through the bloodstream, and lodges somewhere else. Since the patient had tumors in his bowels, if a cell were to break off from there it would travel through a series of veins, each vein larger than the last, until at last reaching his heart. From there the oxygen depleted blood goes to the lungs to get more oxygen, and in the process it travels through a mesh of super narrow pulmonary arteries. These arteries are so narrow that even red blood cells have to travel through them in single file, and if there's anywhere that a free-floating cancer cell is going to get stuck, it's there. From there the cancer cell divides and forms a new tumor, and that's metastasis.

tl,dr: The first step in any cancer diagnosis is to check for metastasis, and the first place you look is in the lungs.

...I'm not positive how a giant hemorrhaging tumor would be so difficult to spot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread