Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so based on what I played around with on TC:

Taskmaster: awesome, great rework, is way more fun to play on top of being very strong

Juggernaut: Infinite sig build is a go. Yes you can run a build where all you do is Signature all over the place, spending like 2 seconds to fill momentum to max after you spend it all being unstoppable. Alternatively just stack movement/power cost reduction and run for minutes straight.

Surfer: Movement build is still alive, you just have to fit in the teleport, crashdown and repulse to the dash spamming. Can run the insanely powerful Rapid Healing buff on more often than off, so he makes himself and nearby teammates basically immortal, one shot effects aside.

As expected the midtown signet got toned down, but it's still insanely good for channeled movement powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Does Silver Surfer not get invulnerability during his dash?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Oh everyone gets that. Dashes last like 3/10ths of a second though, so for most heroes it's just a get out of trouble free card.

Also I forgot, Mr. Fantastic: You can be a ball that just rolls around crushing everything permanently. His gadgets are great too. Another excellent rework.

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 19, 2017

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

The piss-yellow song of cosmic today is calling to me.

Goddamnit, don't make me reinstall this poo poo.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Too late gently caress you all.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

sgbyou posted:

Too late gently caress you all.

That's probably the size of the patch as well

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

yeah, you will be able to play for 12 hours before having to install a patch that is at least 7gb

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Grinning Goblin posted:

yeah, you will be able to play for 12 hours before having to install a patch that is at least 7gb

Last iteration on tc was almost 9 gigs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For reasons I ended up in an Emma thread from 2014 and I bring you ancient goodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16EV-APGQF8

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Someone please post arbocs s96 vid

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I remember one of my big complaints back when TC first launched was the Iron Man felt totally changed and now he has like five new powers so good job I guess!

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I feel like they went out of their way to make the dumpster tier chars substantially better.

Or mr f in particular

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm on mobile so I have to just link it but new datamine:

http://marvelheroes.info/datamine/31/

Beast costumes, some new variants, Keeper costume for Silver Surfer and Jubilee team up, visual updates for Spidey and Cyclops defaults.

Also some Beast power icons if you care about Beast (lol)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Lux Aeterna posted:

I feel like they went out of their way to make the dumpster tier chars substantially better.

Or mr f in particular

Honestly, if It were me I might substantially overbuff the least popular characters in the game too.

On that note, can't wait to roll over enemies with Marvel Heroes 2017's newest blue character, Violet Beauregarde.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ghostlight has been kind enough to touch up the OP so gotta give credit where credit is due.

So later today while the servers are down, I'll post the new thread with a blurb about some of the major changes. Right at the top, I want to do bullet points for all the significant changes. Can somebody just post a list of the ones people should know and I'll put that in the OP.

Also, new thread title? Go.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
All New, All Different Marvel Heroes 2017.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel Heroes 2016: A Year Is 24 Months Long

Marvel Heroes 2016: It's Good Again, Probably

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Marvel Heroes 2016: Now With Fewer Skill Points

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Even after channeling a second, you will still never drive this van

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Oh poo poo. New thread! Marvel heroes 2016: more alive than battleborn

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
You will never move while attacking you shitlords

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Marvel Heroes 2016: Alive until they want to boost sales again

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kainser posted:

Why would they make it for the xbone

at least gaz is going to be smart enough to release it on the other console judging by the DS4 icons ingame.

Dx11 which led to huge performance improvements on the pc client.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ghostlight has been kind enough to touch up the OP so gotta give credit where credit is due.

So later today while the servers are down, I'll post the new thread with a blurb about some of the major changes. Right at the top, I want to do bullet points for all the significant changes. Can somebody just post a list of the ones people should know and I'll put that in the OP.

Also, new thread title? Go.

uh let's see:

no more skill points
every hero has a bank of skill changing talents
each hero scales off 2 or more theme appropriate stats rather than having stats specifically for damage
costume cores are their own slottable item
difficulty slider for every zone
dashes/teleports have limited charges, but are also now your cc break
8 skills slotted into power bar maximum
everyone has a free cost travel power at lvl 1
entire new class of items coming (later date TBD)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Marvel Heroes 2017: Dash Powers Leashed!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Marvel Heroes 20XD6 : The only game in town with mutants so you'd better loving like it

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

does strange still require more buttons than possible?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Marvel Heroes 201X: The one you don't play while making GBS threads

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Drythe posted:

does strange still require more buttons than possible?

no, you can no longer use more than 1 power bar, 8 skills, so Strange is playable now within those restrictions

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Marvel Heroes 2017 Are we seriously reinstalling this?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also his utility/non damage skills have talent options that can make them appealing over another cooldown even with the limited bar space

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

uh let's see:

no more skill points
each hero scales off 2 or more theme appropriate stats rather than having stats specifically for damage

Didn't they basically do away with summoners as well? I remember reading here that Ultron's minions would be time-limited (like 15s) instead of health-limited because FUN.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

when is this poo poo going to patch? i'm p excite about being letdown again though who knows, maybe this new regime at gaz will prove capable of managing marvel diablo. if they succeed it'd be funny just because of how bad it makes david brevik look

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Marvel Heroes 2016: BIGGEST UPDATE EVER, no new content

Anals of History posted:

Didn't they basically do away with summoners as well? I remember reading here that Ultron's minions would be time-limited (like 15s) instead of health-limited because FUN.

Summoners currently are in a weird spot because their summon damage currently doesn't scale with any attribute(not even favored attributes) and Gaz has no idea what to do.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Percelus posted:

when is this poo poo going to patch? i'm p excite about being letdown again though who knows, maybe this new regime at gaz will prove capable of managing marvel diablo. if they succeed it'd be funny just because of how bad it makes david brevik look

Servers going down 4h20, 4 hours downtime after that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

uh let's see:

no more skill points

sounds p good

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Grinning Goblin posted:

Marvel Heroes 2016: Gaz has no idea what to do.

Perfect thread title, right there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The title needs to convey that 90% of the posts are people trying to make the same joke and only maybe 2 or 3 of them being good at it.

Work 'GBS' into there I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
marvel heroes 2017: they called it marvel heroes 2016

• Locked thread