Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The title needs to convey that 90% of the posts are people trying to make the same joke and only maybe 2 or 3 of them being good at it.

Work 'GBS' into there I guess.

if you put GBS in the title then that'd mean none of the jokes are funny tho?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A bunch of people who literally do not play the game picking a title about how they do not play the game is the way to go here I think.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

eonwe posted:

if you put GBS in the title then that'd mean none of the jokes are funny tho?????

Perfect

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the title sets the tone of the thread so something about how the game is good and everyone loves it and loves eachother is probably best

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

the title sets the tone of the thread so something about how the game is good and everyone loves it and loves eachother is probably best

Yeah but everyone knows that ICR is a notorious liar.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Have they added insignias and teamup gear to the loot vacuum yet?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Marvel Heroes 2017: How close to dead is this game? REAL NEAR

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Marvel Heroes 2016: Title update coming soon

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Preferably a title that isn't just a circlejerk in-joke. I stopped following this thread a while and I have no idea what the hell the current title is referencing, besides ICR's ongoing mental problems.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

theyre all dead

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So I guess Part 2 of the update will just be the Item overhaul then, seems this first update has everything else they mentioned in their dev blogs. Guessing the costume closet will be arriving around then too.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

o poo poo I get it now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah we gotta set the tone for the game with a positive thread title since the character changes are a massive overhaul. It's a chance to get people to log in and see it for themselves and decide if they want to stay.

Real talk, and you know it's true--the game sucked for the past few months and Mr Gaz didn't deliver on many of their expectations.

HOWEVER

Now this can work as a clean slate for veterans and new players. It's a chance to experience 59 characters in a brand new way. Literally all of them changed. It could add to the fun.

So the pessimism was warranted last month but now, it's a new day. And we are going to login like we are supposed to because that's why we exist on this dumb planet and we are going to go in with an open mind and see if this new vision of Mr Gaz is a step in the right direction.

Server goes down in 4 hours. Let's give it an honest chance.

In the immortal words of Chris Brown...

LEGGO!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

marvel heroes 2017: marvel heroes 2016

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

o poo poo I get it now.

i get jokes

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

marvel heroes 2017 - everything is new except the content

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah we gotta set the tone for the game with a positive thread title since the character changes are a massive overhaul. It's a chance to get people to log in and see it for themselves and decide if they want to stay.

Real talk, and you know it's true--the game sucked for the past few months and Mr Gaz didn't deliver on many of their expectations.

HOWEVER

Now this can work as a clean slate for veterans and new players. It's a chance to experience 59 characters in a brand new way. Literally all of them changed. It could add to the fun.

So the pessimism was warranted last month but now, it's a new day. And we are going to login like we are supposed to because that's why we exist on this dumb planet and we are going to go in with an open mind and see if this new vision of Mr Gaz is a step in the right direction.

LEGGO!

yeah could we try and have the first page of the new thread not be about lb's anime fetish, how much we kick jeddit, never cosmicing or other half assed unfunny meme poo poo please? Like, it'd be nice to get new players in but if the first reply to the thread is like 'you did it you made the new thread' 'this game is still bad' 'lol is this the thread about wawa or hot doggos?' it might, I dunno, make people think that it's actually not a fun game / full of dickheads

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

HOWEVER

LEGGO!
Did you choose Chris Brown because you feel like it's our fault that gaz slaps us in the face

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Sion posted:

yeah could we try and have the first page of the new thread not be about lb's anime fetish, how much we kick jeddit, never cosmicing or other half assed unfunny meme poo poo please? Like, it'd be nice to get new players in but if the first reply to the thread is like 'you did it you made the new thread' 'this game is still bad' 'lol is this the thread about wawa or hot doggos?' it might, I dunno, make people think that it's actually not a fun game / full of dickheads

ok smart guy, how are we going to get that thread to the second page then?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Sion posted:

:gaz:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
"Marble Hebrons 2017: Soon™" or "Marble Hebrons 2017: © ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL"

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Sion posted:

nah.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

HOWEVER

LEGGO!

And in the immortal words of Rihanna: please stop kicking me.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Anals of History posted:

Didn't they basically do away with summoners as well? I remember reading here that Ultron's minions would be time-limited (like 15s) instead of health-limited because FUN.

well for Ultron you get your summons through a talent choice that automatically summons them when you enter combat, so you get your summons out permanently without having to press a button to summon them

I didn't really follow what changed with the rest of the summoners, I think they still function as expected, but Intelligence no longer grants summon damage so the only way to get that stat is through an Infinity node and gear

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

that sounds neat for Ultron though

Also ICR you owe me Angela

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Got 9000 achievement points for nude gambit, game's dead.

Well for another couple of hours.

Actually DCUO until the end of January is giving a free instant CR100 upgrade for characters including gear and 60 skill points (most of the grindy early ones). So you too can now solo Arkham alert whilst trying to remember how to play.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

that sounds neat for Ultron though

Also ICR you owe me Angela

Pm me your PayPal. I'll just send you $10.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pm me your PayPal. I'll just send you $10.

They may have fixed her belly button, let me ask Wizzer

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Gaz could ve fixed the game earlier if they'd have just banned brit crew

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

couple things that changed I forgot to list:

No More Medkits... you get an infinite use medkit function built into your heroes now
Omega system is gone, replaced with the Infinity system which is infinitely less complicated for everyone and has uncapped primary stat nodes for long term playing

A common question when you first start playing will probably be "What stats do I want for X?"
The stats each hero scale off of are listed in a tooltip when you mouseover the leftmost icon at the top of the "Talents & Traits" tree in your power panel.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Max level teamups give a 2% damage bonus to other teamups now too. Stacking to 100% max.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
They're changing Moon Knight's sig from a 'bash the button to see a KOF style super combo' to "hold the button a bit". Sucks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

couple things that changed I forgot to list:

No More Medkits... you get an infinite use medkit function built into your heroes now
Omega system is gone, replaced with the Infinity system which is infinitely less complicated for everyone and has uncapped primary stat nodes for long term playing

A common question when you first start playing will probably be "What stats do I want for X?"
The stats each hero scale off of are listed in a tooltip when you mouseover the leftmost icon at the top of the "Talents & Traits" tree in your power panel.

Are they giving some sort of thing to do with that power you'll get from the infinity power after playing for a long time? Or is it just "ONE SHOT MONSTERS EVEN HARDER!"

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Another thing is that damage numbers are going to be significantly cut, but they also reduced mob hp to 1/6 of the values. Also because of the attribute changes and removal of a bunch of passives, people's crit and brutal ratings might be significantly lower than they were before.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
My vote for title is Snorrence Music Video Experience Simulator 2017

Or something involving hot dogs

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Giedroyc posted:

They're changing Moon Knight's sig from a 'bash the button to see a KOF style super combo' to "hold the button a bit". Sucks.

dead game, cancel the new thread

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Marvel Heroes 2017: A game where you can be a Marvel hero in 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

Are they giving some sort of thing to do with that power you'll get from the infinity power after playing for a long time? Or is it just "ONE SHOT MONSTERS EVEN HARDER!"

I think the difficulty slider is something to do with that. Currently there are 2 more difficulties on the slider you can't access.

They will have better chances at dropping omega items and other stuff, they'll probably release at least the first Omega difficulty with the future patch that has the Omega items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Tony Bing has already produced three hundred and twenty-seven new patch guides make sure you link them all in the new OP

• Locked thread