Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

You're still missing my cosmic Hulk, Colossus, and Luke Cage

And my cosmic Widow and Spidey.

So, how the gently caress are people doing cosmic Droom in under two minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BabyFur Denny posted:

hey icr i fixed your count

Plz add me to cyclops list.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Stuff that was funner to make, than actually playing this game:

Don't forget your soundtrack work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWiNgl3Ha7Q

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh there's finally a new thread

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

Plz add me to cyclops list.

Don't forget your soundtrack work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWiNgl3Ha7Q

Punch69 was truly the strongest collabo in the history of mankind. Could probably only be rivaled if wawa and sheetz settled their differences and made a joint thingburger with Denny's CEO stepping up as an advisor and boundary spanner between the two culinary Goliaths.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

here is the video of the guy who has the best time in the epic danger room scenario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDawabosN_E

i guess there is a bug where blade can use his ult. also that burst at the end is crazy. blade is powerful

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Is Apocalypse in the game yet? I realize that they needed to add top-tier villain XBONES first but now they've done that so

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
make sure you count my cosmics:

1. Iron Turd 2. Black Iron Turd 3. Shadow pussy 4. Ultron Jr. 5. Spoderman 6. Deadpool's ex-wife 7. L. P. Cage 8. Nude Man (silver)

Working on Ironu Fistaru and Wolferine. Should be done today to make Punchy proud.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

BabyFur Denny posted:

thanks

Congrats BabyFur Denny on taking up the mantle of updating the Cosmic list! May death come swiftly to those who continue to throw their name onto it (add my name to the Emma list thanks).

Also a reminder as to what's going down at the end of the anniversary event:

Mr. Gaz posted:

6/23 - 6/30
- ARMOR Incursion
- Cosmic Chaos
- Operation Omega
- 200% Serverside XP Bonus All Week!
- Odin's Bounty - Active everywhere all week!
- NEW Cable Danger Room Tournament - A new Danger Room tournament where you test yourself against one of the most iconic Danger Room scenarios, battling Cable!

Cosmic in two weeks!

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Also to fixing the cosmic count, I am listed twice under rocket raccoon.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

make sure you count my cosmics:

1. Iron Turd 2. Black Iron Turd 3. Shadow pussy 4. Ultron Jr. 5. Spoderman 6. Deadpool's ex-wife 7. L. P. Cage 8. Nude Man (silver)

Working on Ironu Fistaru and Wolferine. Should be done today to make Punchy proud.

Took you 3 months to get the character finished. I'll be recommending you for a job on the gaz design team!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

wow, he actually made the thread

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

nostrata posted:

Also to fixing the cosmic count, I am listed twice under rocket raccoon.

And on that note, I'm listed twice under Moon Knight.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
While we're posting cosmic list corrections, it's missing my Luke Cage and Daredevil.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Keep em coming guys. I know I have a lot to correct on the list. Autism awareness deserves it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Finally joined the ranks of the damned

Getting to 22 for his spirit restore skill was excruciating.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Somebody reinvite timphiz to the guild. He can't deny his family any longer.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

a big fat bunny posted:

And on that note, I'm listed twice under Moon Knight.

ya that is hosed up, should be listed two more times for each of his personalities

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Except Hawkeye.

I just cosmic trialed her last night. She's great for wave of arrows in cosmic city of cake.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The Marvel Heroes thread is an intense battleground for goonpinions. There is a constant war of words, with opposing sides drawn up: Sheetz vs. Wawa, GURLS vs. boys, shitposters vs. even shittier shitposters. To capture the scale of opinions expressed in the previous Marvel Heroes thread, I conducted an analysis of the top 19 posters' contributions. Relative word usage was used to locate these posters within the Marvel Heroes conflict dimension.

Fig. 1 shows words most frequently used by posters on the left and right. To the left we have posters who are more focused on derailing the thread with O forums and gaz drama, with references to "Gurls", "Ryan Collins", "Cerneris" and "HoldMyOwn". In addition, these posters are more concerned with having a good time, using fun and positive words such as "racon", "congratulations", "yay", "creative", and "director". On the right, we have more boring posters focused on game mechanics and items, referring to bosses, enemies and zones, such as "Mr. Sinister", "Heimdal", "HOD" and "Midtown Madness". Furthermore, posters on the right are more likely to refer to the "whitelist", and use words with a negative connontation such as "abuse", and "garbo". Despite their differences, both sides of the Marvel Heroes conflict space used words such as "post", "game", "good", "cosmic", and "god".

Fig. 1

In terms of how posters are positioned within the space of the Marvel Heroes conflict dimension (Fig. 2), there are some clear trends. Sun God Avatar and Gibbering Madness are placed far to the left, obviously being cool posters who like to have a good time. On the right, we have a close grouping of less interesting, more gameplay focused posters such as Drythe, Lux Aeterna, Dick Spacious CPA and Ghostlight. Soothing Vapors and Mover inhabit the most center of the conflict dimension, finding a good balance between boring and fun.

Fig. 2

In conclusion, let's do our best to make this new thread as awesome as the last one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be fair I'm usually talking about other posters when I use those Boring words.

Edit: Actually it's probably mostly Luxx.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 12, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rofl oh my god HAHAHAHAHAHA

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I am a notorious funhaver.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Please add iod's TTE video to the op, thanks.

do this but also don't do this

here's what I found when I checked my random screenshots folder icr, hope it is helpful:

first we have doom getting trapped in a cutscene while I dominate

one of our greatest sg names:

not sure what's going on here, might be some unamerican activities:

and the best thing that's ever been in this dumb game, taken from us too soon:

edit: I don't even remember why I did this, but here's a bonus squirrel girl soloing slag

and that time we spammed cow portals all over muscleheim, I think this one was mostly nick's doing

Irony.or.Death fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 12, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I am the steady rock in the middle. The glue that links SV and Degs.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
All is right when Lux is boring on both charts :q:

Dendrite
Jun 17, 2005
Surprisingly uninteresting.
I just started playing this again after trying it for like an hour maybe a year ago and I'm so incredibly confused. I'm just running around hitting people in the face with a crowbar and at like level 28 everything just dies immediately. I think my name is DendriteLongwalk and I have no idea what's going on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dendrite posted:

I just started playing this again after trying it for like an hour maybe a year ago and I'm so incredibly confused. I'm just running around hitting people in the face with a crowbar and at like level 28 everything just dies immediately. I think my name is DendriteLongwalk and I have no idea what's going on.

Yup thats it!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is Nightcrawler good again, he was bad when I was playing last time but I was enjoying bamfing around everywhere

I have like 10 characters unlocked and nobody above 15, probably should fix that.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

That new thread smell.

Way to not put me on the Dr. Doom yellowman autism list!!!!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

In terms of how posters are positioned within the space of the Marvel Heroes conflict dimension (Fig. 2), there are some clear trends. Sun God Avatar and Gibbering Madness are placed far to the left, obviously being cool posters who like to have a good time. On the right, we have a close grouping of less interesting, more gameplay focused posters such as Drythe, Lux Aeterna, Dick Spacious CPA and Ghostlight. Soothing Vapors and Mover inhabit the most center of the conflict dimension, finding a good balance between boring and fun.

Fig. 2

In conclusion, let's do our best to make this new thread as awesome as the last one.

what the poo poo is this! im calling my lawyer, noted law man SV

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

how am i literally worse than luxx

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

you don't waifupost enough

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Haven't played in like 8 months. What's the current flavor-of-the-month most powerful characters?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Drythe posted:

how am i literally worse than luxx

because it's true

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

The only two characters I don't have are Elektra and Boob Cat, are either of them actually fun to play?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Gilok posted:

The only two characters I don't have are Elektra and Boob Cat, are either of them actually fun to play?

yes both are good.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Is Nightcrawler good again, he was bad when I was playing last time but I was enjoying bamfing around everywhere

I have like 10 characters unlocked and nobody above 15, probably should fix that.

Yes, he's decent. Still squishy as hell but puts out good dps now.

Good Citizen posted:

Haven't played in like 8 months. What's the current flavor-of-the-month most powerful characters?

Rogue, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Rogue, Rogue, Rogue, Scarlet Witch. Maybe Black Cat, Iron Fist, and Daredevil who all have super high dps but aren't hugely popular so maybe not FOTM.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Needs to be on the first page, alas

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

thanks

Don't bother. He doesn't really care, and won't fix it, despite what he says, as evidenced by him doing nothing when I fixed it for him 2 threads ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
ICR is basically just a yellow kelp

• Locked thread