Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The text in the OP is the wrong shade of red, please spend two months fixing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Wait, do I need to actually reinstall for this?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think we should wait a week for the new op and base it on the general reaction of the oforums.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Lux Aeterna posted:

good news everyone

our favorite f2p arpg is finally announced for console

cat's out of the bag!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GGf4-1O-E

Why would they make it for the xbone

at least gaz is going to be smart enough to release it on the other console judging by the DS4 icons ingame.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Lol forever at the bitter irony of kelp begging an uncaring absentee guild leader to update the OP

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Lol forever at the bitter irony of kelp begging an uncaring absentee guild leader to update the OP

yeah if only he'd made someone else the guild leader, he wouldn't look like an absolute dumbass

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^: He needed an actual leader of men and woman.

Now now young men and women. Let Papa ICR take care of you.

I will do the OP...on January 21st-22nd. Sorry I can't do it sooner. I have a super demanding job and I'm rarely home. Awesome/sucks at the same time.

But if it helps, I can throw something together before then and edit it over the weekend.

I'd like to play just because I know all of you will be logging in often over the coming weeks but I also know you all will quit again in 3 weeks because there is no new content.

Let's make the next 3 weeks count. See you all in game. New OP coming.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I hope when they rework chapter 8, they will just turn modok into destructible terrain in the form of a garbage can

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grinning Goblin posted:

I hope when they rework chapter 8, they will just turn modok into destructible terrain in the form of a garbage can

I hope the patch gives your computer chancroids.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

We are planning to go take down the servers at 12:00PM PST tomorrow(1/19) to start the server maintenance. Down-time is expected to be 4 hours+ so keep that in mind.

And as always, things can occur which could delay the server maintenance.
I expect this means noon but who the gently caress knows.

Also, preliminary patch notes.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Legit excited. Gonna do a clean install and everything.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MMAgCh posted:

I expect this means noon but who the gently caress knows.

Also, preliminary patch notes.

quote:

Difficulty Modes Available at Launch:

Muspelheim Raid - Heroic, Cosmic
Axis Raid - Heroic

They've revamped the entire game and they still haven't put red Axis in.

Also we now know for sure that Nick Fury will be the last hero from AP3 because he's not on the list of heroes for cores and Black Bolt is (X-Gene, or its replacement).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jedit posted:

They've revamped the entire game and they still haven't put red Axis in.

Also we now know for sure that Nick Fury will be the last hero from AP3 because he's not on the list of heroes for cores and Black Bolt is (X-Gene, or its replacement).
raids were a mistake

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

They have admitted as much in the past, made it sound like they weren't interested in doing more 10 man raids.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think they liked raids and the idea of raids but realised too late just how significant a development sink they are when you don't have subscriptions or expansion packs to rely on to cover their cost.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Like, this is a lot of credit to give to anyone in this thread let alone kelp, but maybe the irony is intentional?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

^^: He needed an actual leader of men and woman.

and so he promoted a man who couldn't even lead his cat off of a shelf. shameful. positively shameful.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I haven't really been paying too much attention before but am going through the patch notes now. Is there going to be a renaming again, MH 2017?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

NotALizardman posted:

and so he promoted a man who couldn't even lead his cat off of a shelf. shameful. positively shameful.

didnt your pet bird eat your finger

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Ghostlight posted:

I think they liked raids and the idea of raids but realised too late just how significant a development sink they are when you don't have subscriptions or expansion packs to rely on to cover their cost.

Or Raids were Brevik's baby and now he's gone gently caress all that billshit.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

didnt your pet bird eat your finger

aren't you dead

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kokoro Wish posted:

Or Raids were Brevik's baby and now he's gone gently caress all that billshit.
That's equally likely, although given how quickly they were like "NO MORE COWS" after he left it's weird they haven't announced plans to scale raids back down to terminals.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Still remains to be seen if Green Goblin and Nova's painful interactions with the new Movement system are any better, or if Taskmaster's Spirit problems on TC are gone, but some of the stuff looks cool at least.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

phosdex posted:

I haven't really been paying too much attention before but am going through the patch notes now. Is there going to be a renaming again, MH 2017?

I don't think so. Before they rebrand they might want to add some significant content and release omega items though.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

i understand why people like it but paths of exile is one of the most hideous looking games i have ever seen

I feel so warm and validated right now

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I like PoE's design aesthetics, but the execution is terrible. Much like the rest of the game. gently caress ladders.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NotALizardman posted:

WHOA! Fact of the matter is Lord Plankton did not want Hawkeye is a leader because you see, Hawkeye isn't a leader.

Up top boys and girl.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
Is there a list anywhere of items we should hoard or use before the patch?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

flamingweedle posted:

Is there a list anywhere of items we should hoard or use before the patch?

Maybe fill up all inventory slots with cubes since they will be turned into currency for pets and boxes.

Probably not worth the time at this point though.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

quote:

PvP - difficulty slider does not affect this mode

Man, this game has PVP. Crazy stuff!

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010

Grinning Goblin posted:

Maybe fill up all inventory slots with cubes since they will be turned into currency for pets and boxes.

Probably not worth the time at this point though.

Is there anything worth doing with hero/protector points? I haven't spent any after getting all the 69 gear upgrades. The omega uniques should be more powerful though?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The only real hoarding you could have done is with credit chests, and the ship has basically sailed by this point.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I stopped at 50.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Kainser posted:

Man, this game has PVP. Crazy stuff!

and it is actually fun

I'm curious to see how busted it will be after this update

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I look forward to fighting the scourge of racism and white names with all of you this weekend.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

thread seems super optimistic that this patch is actually going to launch tomorrow and not early not week

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

flamingweedle posted:

Is there anything worth doing with hero/protector points? I haven't spent any after getting all the 69 gear upgrades. The omega uniques should be more powerful though?

Don't bother spending anything at the moment.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I see they took my suggestion of making Gobby's Ghost Surprise restore spirit and implemented it :3:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Mover posted:

thread seems super optimistic that this patch is actually going to launch tomorrow and not early next week year

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I see they took my suggestion of making Gobby's Ghost Surprise restore spirit and implemented it :3:
These are the kind of changes I like to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's a patch for Marvel Heroes 2016 launching in the year 2017 so its basically on schedule for gazillion already

• Locked thread