Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Since OJ was acquitted and not actually found not guilty, what would the recourse be at this point if he confessed to actually killing his wife and her side dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TBeats posted:

Since OJ was acquitted and not actually found not guilty, what would the recourse be at this point if he confessed to actually killing his wife and her side dude?

Nothing, but he is already in jail for the rest of his life. Admitting it would wipe away any chance of parole.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I've always wondered, what was with Bob Kardashian's patch of white hair?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

DOOP posted:

I've always wondered, what was with Bob Kardashian's patch of white hair?

His hair was the inspiration for Paulie in the Soprano's

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sometimes white hairs grow in patches rather than spread out over your head. Or he dyed it to look rakish

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Capricorn One is a fun movie, I remember watching it shortly after the Columbia crash and being a bit :tinfoil:.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Still not streaming on WatchESPN. But I'm guessing that will start tonight.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Still not streaming on WatchESPN. But I'm guessing that will start tonight.

Yeah it starts tonight

My wife asked when this comes back on. I have successfully gotten her interested in something sports(ish) related.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
part 2 y'all

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What does 30 for 30 mean

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

For later reading: this Sports Illustrated article when he was ready to retire

http://www.si.com/vault/1979/11/26/824188/oj-simpson-retires-49ers-nfl?xid=si_social

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My DVR missed the first part. Is it available to stream yet?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

effectual posted:

What does 30 for 30 mean

It was originally 30 documentaries done as part of ESPN's 30th anniversary, covering events during those 30 years. It was such a success they've expanded it beyond those years, and it's basically became the branding for most of ESPN's documentaries since then.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ehud posted:

My DVR missed the first part. Is it available to stream yet?

Supposedly in a couple of hours

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Poop. Can anyone tell me what the first 7 minutes were?

The first thing I saw was them talking about some dude in the LAPD.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the whitest wedding

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ehud posted:

Poop. Can anyone tell me what the first 7 minutes were?

The first thing I saw was them talking about some dude in the LAPD.

It's also re-airing on espn2 later, plus replaying tomorrow before the new ep.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is all so familiar.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Man, California loves giving probation for offenses that see people locked up for life.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Poonerman posted:

this is all so familiar.

:agreed:

Considering what King's reputation was the Harlins case is much much sadder

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Kill whitey

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"he spent 120 hours of his community service organizing a celebrity golf tournament"

this country sucks

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

god i remember most of this happening and this is my wife's first exposure to anything outside of the murder trial and she is just floored

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

Man, California loves giving probation for offenses that see people locked up for life.

Counterpoint: Their Prisons?

Not watching yet if I've missed the joke.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The joke is skin color.

Edit: "He watched us" :stare:

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 15, 2016

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/30for30/status/742910283950239744

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Looks like the whole thing went up about 20 minutes ago

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is just crushing.

also, that free streaming means my wednesday is officially booked

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I know that the bible says "judge not lest ye be judged" but this OJ Simpson guy? He was a real jerk!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Sportscenter is now interviewing one of his defense attorneys. He's now talking about how they added new photos to the wall before taking the jury to oj's house. :wtf:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FYI just to reiterate, the discussion in the thread will be going off the airing schedule. You can feel free to post comments and such, but please put any spoiler stuff in, well, spoiler quotes. I know its hard to spoil a documentary, but there has been a ton of stuff that wasn't known, and as many of you are discovering, loads of people only know this as a thing that happened, kind of.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

effectual posted:

Sportscenter is now interviewing one of his defense attorneys. He's now talking about how they added new photos to the wall before taking the jury to oj's house. :wtf:

Listen to LeBatards interview with today, its way better.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Never heard about the 16 old girl who got shot in the back in the head by the store clerk. :smith:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Winkie01 posted:

Never heard about the 16 old girl who got shot in the back in the head by the store clerk. :smith:

Shouldn't have been associated with OJ.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

The Big Jesus posted:

i feel like it absolutely is associated with the feeling of society at large in response to the justice system, especially as it relates to black people.

haven't seen the rest of it yet, but from the preview it's pretty clear that the framing relates how the white community was so quick to adopt and embrace oj yet were also so quick to disown him when it became evident in their eyes that he was 'just like the rest'.

the biggest thing i've enjoyed about this documentary so far is exploring the true big picture and questioning if we're not all somehow complicit in some way to how everything happens in society.

or maybe i just watched butterfly effect while high too many times.

edit: it's me i missed the joke

Sir Plus fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 15, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Big Jesus posted:

Helps establish the pattern of more rich, privileged people getting away with murder.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Guys it was a bad joke because she was trying to buy orange juice.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Big Jesus posted:

Guys it was a bad joke because she was trying to buy orange juice.

it was a good joke

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I'm about a 3rd of the way through the 2nd episode and this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I find it kind of weird that everyone in the documentary is making GBS threads on him for not being enough of an activist. I dunno maybe it was different back then I was too young to remember this poo poo as it happened but it's weird how nowadays everyone wants to stop criticizing eccentric or otherwise NFL players for not being role models but we're pooping on OJ for being silent on race

e: popular opinion: Nicole is a fox

e2: holy poo poo the guy that justifies the rodney king beating because they couldn't chokehold him lmao

Scionix fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Scionix posted:

I'm about a 3rd of the way through the 2nd episode and this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I find it kind of weird that everyone in the documentary is making GBS threads on him for not being enough of an activist. I dunno maybe it was different back then I was too young to remember this poo poo as it happened but it's weird how nowadays everyone wants to stop criticizing eccentric or otherwise NFL players for not being role models but we're pooping on OJ for being silent on race

You have to appreciate the time in which this took place to understand why some of the dudes being interviewed were pissed. Some of the only prominent black people that had a voice back then were athletes. I understand why they were disappointed that OJ didn't want to use his platform to speak up on racial issues. Not many black people even had a platform to speak from back then.

I would imagine that they felt very powerless and it was disappointing when somebody who had some power and notoriety wasn't interested in helping.

• Locked thread