Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
always enjoy some police officers justifying beating the poo poo out of a defenseless person like they're space aliens or some poo poo jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
BTW, you should listen to this http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/564/too-soon

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
did I say something you find distasteful or are you just linking it because it's good

am i getting wooshed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Scionix posted:

did I say something you find distasteful or are you just linking it because it's good

am i getting wooshed

"you" meant everybody itt. Everybody should listen to that because its good

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Scionix posted:

e2: holy poo poo the guy that justifies the rodney king beating because they couldn't chokehold him lmao

i'm pretty sure that was fuhrman and i'm super looking forward to this doc apparently letting him paint himself as the garbage person that he is

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
theres one grizzled looking middle age dude that said the chokehold was the reason rodney king got beat and then there's this paunchy old guy with glasses that said they shouldn't have even prosecuted the police officers involved with rodney king

which amazes me like how do you have that opinion. blows my mind.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The grizzled looking middle age white guy who talks about the chokehold is really really important to the rest of the story......kinda like Ned's last words to Jon Snow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Scionix posted:

theres one grizzled looking middle age dude that said the chokehold was the reason rodney king got beat and then there's this paunchy old guy with glasses that said they shouldn't have even prosecuted the police officers involved with rodney king

which amazes me like how do you have that opinion. blows my mind.

That's why its institutional

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
That was Mark Fuhrman, and the two or three times they've already showed him he came off as a massive rear end in a top hat, so the next parts should be just wonderful.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Imagine being such a huge rear end in a top hat you make OJ look good

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
like I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but why can't you just say:

"The police should have never done that. That was unacceptable use of force, and improper policing. We understand why the community is upset, and we are sorry and will work hard to change in the future, but this does not mean you are justified in pulling a dude out of his truck and caving his skull in"

Nobody gets thrown under the bus, you don't have to say all police are assholes, you can not tacitly approve rioting, yadda yadda yadda im g ay

e: the old paunchy POS is "tom lahnge"

Scionix fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 15, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Because policing is a closed community of self-regulating individuals who are not meaningfully answerable to outside authority and given long enough such a system will always trend towards authoritarian violence

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I lol'd at the guy that said 'why burn down your community?" That gas station wasn't the community, nobody gives a gently caress except chevron or whoever. Also lol the cops were 2 blocks away but didn't do anything because thy were being videotaped by the chopper (and wanted to go Rodney King on more guys). And I didn't know about her diary of beatings :(

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
people are stupid

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Please careful with the spoilers, guys.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
nobody's said anything that wasnt televised

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
:ssh: verdict: not guilty

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Scionix posted:

nobody's said anything that wasnt televised

:smugdon:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

fsif posted:

Please careful with the spoilers, guys.

Anything in the first two episodes is fair game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

(I was kidding.)

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i have no faith in a jury of my peers to come to a conclusion resembling anything close to well thought out if I were ever to be on trial for something

thank god im a lily white fuckboy

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

effectual posted:

I lol'd at the guy that said 'why burn down your community?" That gas station wasn't the community, nobody gives a gently caress except chevron or whoever.

Fires can spread. Like, REALLY fast.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
hrm spoilers here but uh ah i think that everyones poo poo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Episode 2 was seriously heartbreaking to watch. I was just old enough to remember the chase and the verdict but too young to really have remembered the rest of the details or most of the historical events leading up to everything. Those photos and journal entries, good lord :smith:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

GobiasIndustries posted:

Episode 2 was seriously heartbreaking to watch. I was just old enough to remember the chase and the verdict but too young to really have remembered the rest of the details or most of the historical events leading up to everything. Those photos and journal entries, good lord :smith:

wait till you see the homocide photos!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
ESPN put the whole thing up on their website. http://decider.com/2016/06/14/all-5-parts-of-o-j-made-in-america-are-going-up-on-the-espn-app-tonight/

Skipped to Part 2 because I don't really care about his early years and good god is OJ loving evil.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 15, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chromatic posted:

ESPN put the whole thing up on their website. http://decider.com/2016/06/14/all-5-parts-of-o-j-made-in-america-are-going-up-on-the-espn-app-tonight/

Skipped to Part 2 because I don't really care about his early years and good god is OJ loving evil.

Part 1 is pretty important in providing context!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Scionix posted:

wait till you see the homocide photos!

saw part 3 last night and her friend commented that the damage done to Nicole's head almost resulted in it being detached from her neck

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Winkie01 posted:

Never heard about the 16 old girl who got shot in the back in the head by the store clerk. :smith:

2pac mentions her in a few songs

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone else live watching? These cops didn't do poo poo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Al Cowlings was in love with OJ.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this chase is just so unbelievably surreal.

"my name is AC- YOU KNOW WHO I AM, GOD DAMNIT."

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
christ this camera guy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Winkie01 posted:

christ this camera guy

girl

this description is very hollywood

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
1994 mobs: not so different from 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
cops patting themselves on the back :allears:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Poonerman posted:

cops patting themselves on the back :allears:

I do gotta say that SWAT dude actually seems pretty competent at his job.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

the one bald cop is basically hank from breaking bad with all the positives and negatives that entails

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"i had a bad couple years"

"i enjoyed breaking their arms and legs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

By the way OJ is still on the Bills Wall of Fame.

• Locked thread